R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Does the 007 have any outstanding shortcomings that its users feel need to be addressed with a new kit? So far as I know, XRay wins pretty much every major race, right? What would you change about the 007? This is kind of a weird time, because usually XRay has the newest car on the market. Right now, the 007 is one of the oldest, since so many companies have released new kits lately. I suppose they can fix -that- problem, but what else does the car really need?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Does the 007 have any outstanding shortcomings that its users feel need to be addressed with a new kit? So far as I know, XRay wins pretty much every major race, right? What would you change about the 007? This is kind of a weird time, because usually XRay has the newest car on the market. Right now, the 007 is one of the oldest, since so many companies have released new kits lately. I suppose they can fix -that- problem, but what else does the car really need?
The car will come with a mini alternator, it'll charge your pack while you race for enduros; so you can leave your charger at home.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
Sir Syndrome, please say something; your wittiness may ease the pain of Xray going for total domination
Well, the 007 is great, what else can be said? I seem to remember hearing they can't make them fast enough to meet demand. I guess with their huge following and loyalty, it's money in the bank to release a new kit, regardless of whether or not its truly needed, 'cause you know everybody is going to buy it.

I don't know if it's needed or not. They seem to win a lot, but they've got a great team. Nobody owns one locally, so I can't say that I've seen them on the track, but you can't deny results, at least at the big US races.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #19
Tech Master

Well, guys who have seen me around know how I get down in the club; the master of the "hater-ation". I give XRAY props from here to eternity on quality. There is one local dude I know of that is sponsored by Bruckner Hobbies that puts the smack down with the an XRAYin the 27T and 19T. Other than that, I cant see the justifcation for spending a month's rent/mortgage for a "new and improved" car.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #20
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Now that dude has BRASS BALLZ! Marcos, I didnt think you would do it, but then again, poof that trash. The truth hurts. XRAY owners are like us Yankees fans, they expect to win ALL THE TIME and are just as EXPENSIVE!
well i never met a Marine that didnt have ballz
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It doesn't surprise me that xray would be coming out with a new car. As the industry turns
Old 07-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #22
Tech Regular

I don't think it's true.....the only way to do it would be to go the Losi route and do batts down the middle, thus making it lipo friendly. I'd be interested to see what X-ray could do for 1/12, though.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #23
Tech Master

Xray owners, stop crying, wipe those tears, stiffen those upper lips and get on the keyboard and lets hear what you have to say about this.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
I don't think it's true.....the only way to do it would be to go the Losi route and do batts down the middle, thus making it lipo friendly. I'd be interested to see what X-ray could do for 1/12, though.
XRAY copy Losi? The Gods must be crazy! 1/12 scale? With Li-Po gaining ground, 1/12 scale will need a serious revamping. Xray going that route, that would be odd. I guess the XRAY guys are in their garages (or panic rooms) trying to figure out how they are going to tell the wife they need the "latest" XRAY". Soon, some of them will be in need of a REAL XRAY ROTFLMAO!

Old 07-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #25
Tech Lord

Quote:
Well, guys who have seen me around know how I get down in the club; the master of the "hater-ation". I give XRAY props from here to eternity on quality. There is one local dude I know of that is sponsored by Bruckner Hobbies that puts the smack down with the an XRAYin the 27T and 19T. Other than that, I cant see the justifcation for spending a month's rent/mortgage for a "new and improved" car.
*shrug*

When it comes to luxury items, either you get it or you don't. It means a lot to some people, while others prefer to find value. I can't really dog people that love R/C cars for buying something new and shiny when it comes out, if it means something to them, then great. I stood in line for an iPhone, even though I most definitely didn't need it, and I haven't regretted it for a second. It's hard to put a price on style, and that's something XRay wins at every time.

A new kit means a lot of used 007's on the market, which puts a fantastic car in the price range for a lot more people. XRay isn't forcing anybody's hand to buy the new kit, so you can't really get on them when they do. Their track record with new cars is well-documented by now, so it's not like anybody should be surprised.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #26
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
Eh, doubtful. The Losi car works great, especially for LiPo, but it's still a niche market, and that seems like a pretty radical departure for their flagship sedan that's already dominant. There's not much incentive to make a LiPo car just yet with no acceptance in sanctioned racing.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #27
Tech Master

Not saying that at all. But c'mon, it's not like they make a car every two or three years. They pump one out every 10 months and then say "this is the best car we've made to date". No one forces anyone to buy, but their is this inner voice that tells people (the ID) "I have to have the latest. Sort of "homies in da hood" with the bling bling on their cars. One dude comes out with something slightly different, they chuck $2000 rims to keep up with the jones', when there was nothing wrong with what they had. It's this type of flooding the market that has R/C in a state of flux. Let things fester for a hot ghetto minute, then improve on it. If their cars werent winning every phucking thing, I would be inclined to agree with you. But, like I said before, how to you improve on "perfection"?

Old 07-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #28
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Eh, doubtful. The Losi car works great, especially for LiPo, but it's still a niche market, and that seems like a pretty radical departure for their flagship sedan that's already dominant. There's not much incentive to make a LiPo car just yet with no acceptance in sanctioned racing.
Acceptance is right around the corner. Maybe hudy got the inside scoop.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #29
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Maybe hudy got the inside scoop.
im sure he is looking in the Losi,Corally and Schue pits for ideas
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
im sure he is looking in the Losi,Corally and Schue pits for ideas
Holy shit, forgot about that. Schu definately broke the mold as far as design and Corally, the car is a fucking pancake. Losi is as adjustable as a transformer. If he can take ALL OF THAT and come up with a car that encompasses elements of those three, I will liquidate my assets and jump ship!