R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
NO OTHER manufacturer puts out cars like XRAY and says "this is the latest and greatest". You cant escape the obvious.

HPI wich you seem to love so much has released more "latest & greatest" kits than Xray since early in 2004, and so has Tamiya. So when you scream "NO OTHER" you're no exactly right are you?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #137
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCrew View Post
And they are the Latest and Greatest.

T2 came out. Obvious changes to suspension geometry, as well as drive shafts. Car is better.
Most of your points were spot on, but this one was a little off
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #138
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingRoly View Post
HPI wich you seem to love so much has released more "latest & greatest" kits than Xray since early in 2004, and so has Tamiya. So when you scream "NO OTHER" you're no exactly right are you?
Are you kidding me? HPI releases a new on-road car like every two years. The gap between the RS4, Pro 2, the Pro3 and then the Pro4, was about 2 years in between, give or take. Again, XRAY purports it to be the latest and greatest. Nothing wrong with that. Its the buzz generated by some XRAY fanatics that is bizarre. How many times must I say, I dont fault XRAY, they at least give their fan/consumers what they want...its the buzz thats generated as if the car is going to be drastically different than something that was released less than the year before. Say what you want, but you people are fanatics....and a bunch of whining crybabies lol.."Boo-Hoo, no one loves my XRAY like I do, wah wah". Grow up. People can make a comment that is neither supportive or condemning without you guys getting your panties in a bunch. When was the last time you hear someone at any track saying,"HPI is coming out with a new on-road tourer" and someone answer "ALREADY?!?" or "AGAIN?!?!?". Never.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #139
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
Are you kidding me? HPI releases a new on-road car like every two years. The gap between the RS4, Pro 2, the Pro3 and then the Pro4, was about 2 years in between.
OK you're saying that Xray release more "latest & Greatest kits" than HPI/Hotbodies?

1 last time just for you. Since the begining of 2004 HPI/Hotbodies has released more top flight kits than Xray

Pro4
Pro4 Hara edition
Cyclone
Cyclone Hara & Surikan edition
Cyclone WC edition (Andy Moore)

Thats 5 kits in the same time frame Xray only released 4

FK'04
FK'05
T2
T2'007

Last edited by PaintingRoly; 08-09-2007 at 05:54 PM.
PaintingRoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #140
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Most of your points were spot on, but this one was a little off

Well, there were more changes than that.
Adjustability of camber links, lower CG, drive shafts as relates to the axels.

My personal favorite is the FK04. Nice and balanced. And, I hardly EVER broke anything on that car.

I don't break much now though either.. haha

I just dont understand why those people, who don't like and/or dont run XRay cars get all upset that Xray brings out new stuff. Sure they hype it up. Thats called ADVERTISING.
those who Do run xray, know that they are constantly refining their stuff. Its obvious that the NEW car is not going to make a bad driver good. Look, the FK05 just won Masters Touring. Outdated? No. Refined? Yes.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #141
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If I were a loyal Xray owner, I think it'd be fun to have a new car every year. If you can sell the "old" car for a good price, your not looking at too much to get into the new. I personally like getting and building a new car. I drive Losi, it sucked waiting through a year and a half of delays. I like the car and wouldn't trade, but it would be nice seeing your favorite company constantly pushing the envelope. Next year Xray will be at the top of my list.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You people are funny to read. You all love your favorite brand and everything else is crap and you will go on ad nausium and argue until you are blue in the face trying to convince others of that.

Just a hint - you won't change their mind and just like you are always right in your mind, they are always right in their mind. Some people will never understand that.
SpeedyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #143
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyDad View Post
You people are funny to read. You all love your favorite brand and everything else is crap and you will go on ad nausium and argue until you are blue in the face trying to convince others of that.

Just a hint - you won't change their mind and just like you are always right in your mind, they are always right in their mind. Some people will never understand that.
That's what makes rctech soooo much fun.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #144
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCrew View Post
Well, there were more changes than that.
Adjustability of camber links, lower CG, drive shafts as relates to the axels.

My personal favorite is the FK04. Nice and balanced. And, I hardly EVER broke anything on that car.

I don't break much now though either.. haha

I just dont understand why those people, who don't like and/or dont run XRay cars get all upset that Xray brings out new stuff. Sure they hype it up. Thats called ADVERTISING.
those who Do run xray, know that they are constantly refining their stuff. Its obvious that the NEW car is not going to make a bad driver good. Look, the FK05 just won Masters Touring. Outdated? No. Refined? Yes.
I'm not speaking of the changes; just the part about the T2 being better than the FK05
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

I would agree with PW i owned a T2 and it is prob the worst of the xray competition level cars... T2 007 how ever is very good.

Dont get me wrong.... The T2 won races , but it just wasn't as good as there other cars.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #146
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xtreameracer

i say every xray car was better than the last, mabe not leps and bounds better but better. my fav is the fk04 ,it was easy to setup and drive. i think after that the cars have became harder to setup and harder to drive fast.
xtreameracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:38 PM   #147
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I dont know... I liked my T2 more than my FK05... but everyone has their own opinion.
Wallstreet loved or hated every car he has owned... just depends on what day you talk to him
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #148
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

With the 007 being such a good car, I suppose there's always the chance the new car could be a step backward in some people's minds, sort of like the 05 to T2 transition.

As much R&D as XRay does, I can't imagine that would happen, but who knows. If they purpose-build the car for 5 cells, I suppose it's possible it could affect people that still use 6.

I still read comments now and then that people liked the FK04 the best.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:21 AM   #149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys saw Mario's post at the XRAY site, right?

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?p=54667#54667

It must be awesome to be able to design R/C cars for a living. After reading all of Juraj's articles, I think he is the type of guy that always wants his products to be better than the competition's. To be able to think of new ideas, try them and be successful, must be an awesome way to spend one's time. I really applaud his efforts to make the best cars possible.

I'm sure everyone here must realize, as with all R/C products, we are guinea pigs (aka lab rats) for these R/C company engineers. We take everyone's realized ideas and put them through their paces, under all kinds of real world conditions and with all levels of skill and expertise. Based on everyone's results and feedback, I think we are quite fortunate that some of those engineers take the info we provide them and make an effort to make a better product.

There are those that will push the cars to their competitive limits and get every once of performance they can out of them - while others will just be happy that they could spend the day racing and being with friends, but from what I have seen, everyone wants to be competitive, no matter what level they are at - and if that means buying new gear, then that is what most people will do.

Just my 2 cents...
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:42 AM   #150
Tech Apprentice

its probably going to be 1/10 electric 4wd. they got everything else in their stables now time for electric offroad.
SkeeryJones is offline   Reply With Quote