Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flying G.E.O.
415 is the best. Did you see the guy who placed 2nd at JP? I think Tommi says he was using a 415. He's the only guy who did not get lapped by Taka san. His name is Ian Aquino. I think he's a tamiya fan boy also like Taka san. Pretty good result since that's his first race at JP right? 415 na!!!
Well I think I will be able to get both kits for now for I made a deal with my dad that he will be the one who's going to get the 05ms for me and I will be the one to get the MSXX... hahaha... Now I will be muce very happy if ever this will come true...
Old 07-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by redbones
I did build the steering assembly exactly as the instructions said the first time around. I also noticed that the instructions do say to "cut/carve" the steering arm to clear the belt. I was experimenting to see if I can get around it.
Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Yeah, I don't think anyone wants to "cut/carve" the aluminum steering if it isn't needed. The belt gets awfully close though, if you shim it out according to the stock spec without "cut/carving."

I was just about to give the 05MS a shakedown run today, but bad weather prohibited it... Damnit!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Ian Aquino is the TAOB racing team president here in Southern California. He won the GT2 class at TCS Nationals back in 2004. He's an avid rc collector and has a lot of Tamiya cars. I'll be very surprised if he doesnt add the TA05MS to his collection
I see. That's why he didn't get lapped by Japans Tamiya Worlds top 3 Takaya san in that race. Everybody else did according to the race organizer. But still even though its Ian's first race at the track he placed 2nd. The grid was made of experience and active racers.
As far as which of the two kits to get, knowing Xanavi is a student and only has enough budget for one car, I'd say go for the top of the line. I dont regret buying the TA05 but if I really had money to spend in one shot I would get a 415 myself.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

I see. That's why he didn't get lapped by Japans Tamiya Worlds top 3 Takaya san in that race. Everybody else did according to the race organizer. But still even though its Ian's first race at the track he placed 2nd. The grid was made of experience and active racers.
As far as which of the two kits to get, knowing Xanavi is a student and only has enough budget for one car, I'd say go for the top of the line. I dont regret buying the TA05 but if I really had money to spend in one shot I would get a 415 myself.
I didnt know about this??? when was this, what round??? I was absent 1st round, third round and the 6th (last) round of TAC... Right he also didnt lap Joseph Salcedo who is also our top 23t driver here in the philippines??? Or he is just giving a fair race to him???
Old 07-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
I didnt know about this??? when was this, what round??? I was absent 1st round, third round and the 6th (last) round of TAC... Right he also didnt lap Joseph Salcedo who is also our top 23t driver here in the philippines??? Or he is just giving a fair race to him???
Talk to tommi.

Sell me the 415 if you dont like it. Half price of course its used.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Talk to tommi.

Sell me the 415 if you dont like it. Half price of course its used.
haha... I think that won't happen bro... Will treasure the high end kit(s) of Tamiya... hehehe... Won't sell them even in the future... Starting from now, will buy high end kits of tamiya and not the tub chassis anymore... Hehehe...
Old 07-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Tech Addict

haha... I think that won't happen bro... Will treasure the high end kit(s) of Tamiya... hehehe... Won't sell them even in the future... Starting from now, will buy high end kits of tamiya and not the tub chassis anymore... Hehehe...

ohhhhh.... the greedy .

good luck Xanavi with your new kits... enjoy them while you have time (we that need to work usually don't have any )!! I wish I started earlier to race...
Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rampal
ohhhhh.... the greedy .

good luck Xanavi with your new kits... enjoy them while you have time (we that need to work usually don't have any )!! I wish I started earlier to race...
hahaha... Not that I'm greedy, it is just that it will be my first time ever to have a high end kit of tamiya... I'm a TAMIYA FAN and will never stop buying Tamiya kits, parts, etc... hehehe...

Yeah, I feel you about the work thing, it is mostly like having to go to school everyday...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow Tamiya Fan

hahaha... Not that I'm greedy, it is just that it will be my first time ever to have a high end kit of tamiya... I'm a TAMIYA FAN and will never stop buying Tamiya kits, parts, etc... hehehe...

Yeah, I feel you about the work thing, it is mostly like having to go to school everyday...
Did someone say TAMIYA FAN!!

I'm a sucker myself too for the past 7 yrs. (check my SIG)

Except my nitro car .... but still Japan made.

Last edited by JRRobiso; 07-23-2007 at 09:48 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Did someone say TAMIYA FAN!!

I'm a sucker myself too for the past 7 yrs. (check my SIG)

Except my nitro car .... but still Japan made.
Hahaha... If ever I will be able to get my hands on the two kits and will able to assemble them soon, will post pictures of it ASAP! And would also share my Experience on them if which is more better in high speed or in technical track... Hope to post pictures soon and share with you guys my experience...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey, what happened to this thread?
Anyone has any race report to share?

Rampal... how's your 05MS performing against the 415MSXX?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Just finished a race at a local track! Came in 3rd in Amain. I gotta say, that this car really wants to turn! The driving feel is still like a ta05, but the rear is better planted. I drove this car out of the box, so I still need to dial it in to my likings. Got lazy and I just transplanted the suspension from the 05R, but the chassis layout can make quite a difference. I say on a tight tech track, this will have an advantage over a 415 due to its cornering stability.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for sharing us about your experience in the track... Will soo n share also my experience as long as I assemble mine... hehehe... no time because of school works...
Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TA05ers
Hey, what happened to this thread?
Anyone has any race report to share?

Rampal... how's your 05MS performing against the 415MSXX?
I think I going to keep the discussion going on the TA05MS thread... Nevertheless, I haven't been able to run it yet, due to the weather (108 F in the shadow)

keep you updated!!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

TA05 MS report Card

I ran mine Saturday about 30*C

Used Tires 36RP (Bad move) I was being cheap and did not want to buy tires
I should have ran 30*RP (My cars are faster with a new set)
Power Plant Novak Brushless 13.5
Gearing 4.5-5.0 The car was alot faster on Take off @5.0 FDR
(Did not need the Top end speed of 4.5, But it cool to see the car running everyone down on the straight yet losing it where it is needed the "field.")

Spool Front on the Rear Diff
Soft suspension set

Is the TA05MS(2.25)Long Arms faster than my TRF415MRE(1.944)Short arms
well......
Yes
and
No
Guys or Gals it really depends on who is holding the controller. I've ran faster lap time with my TA05r vs my MRE. But that does not make the kit better nor faster.

The right Gearing/Good traction(hint hint) and some mean Voltage.

TA05MS is a very smooth like the 415MRE
It has very quick steering
The is very planted even with old slow tires.
No tweak concern like the 415....once you bolt it down...done deal
TA05 MS is alittle more forgiven to setup error.....

The Biggest down side to this kit......is that lay shaft taken up half the electronic side board. almost make you not even want to drive it....

This is the biggest buy advantage the 415MRE/MSXX has over this Kit

If I only had enough to buy one kit...I would go I would go with the

TRF415MRE/MSXX

TA05MS is a good Kit yet Tamiya could take some notes from Schumacher Mi3 and come a out with a layshaft hop up to free up that space. Then it could be the Boss Flagship

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.