Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX >

Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX

Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX

Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 AM
  #91  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

me too... never did have a cf kit before and I'm eager to have one but don't know which one to get... the 05ms or the msxx??? that is why I also don't know how cf kit handles in tracks... can't wait though to have those kits in my local country... (what's taking so long!?!?! wahhhh) haha... I'm going insane here just thinking of those two kits... OMG!!! hahaha... Anyway, hope someone here tells us how it handles (both kit) in the track...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 11:53 PM
  #92  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Rampal, any updates on your kits yet???

Any guys who wants to share if ever they had ran their 05ms or msxx in the track...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 12:21 AM
  #93  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Rampal, any updates on your kits yet???

Any guys who wants to share if ever they had ran their 05ms or msxx in the track...
I finally fix the servo in place....

it took me a while to get rid of any slop on the steering... shim baby, shim! hope today I will fix the electronics in place and tomorrow Saturday test it at the field...
rampal is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 01:41 AM
  #94  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rampal View Post
I finally fix the servo in place....

it took me a while to get rid of any slop on the steering... shim baby, shim! hope today I will fix the electronics in place and tomorrow Saturday test it at the field...
why? what 's wrong with the servo??? what is slop anyway??? sorry for I really don't know what it is...

yahoo!!! hope you give us nice feedback about the two kits, less negative feedback...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 AM
  #95  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
why? what 's wrong with the servo??? what is slop anyway??? sorry for I really don't know what it is...

yahoo!!! hope you give us nice feedback about the two kits, less negative feedback...
oh, that was a problem in my servo, nothing to do with the chassis, the screw thread was a little in bad shape, so I change the gear in which the servo arm is attached. now it is like brand new...

the servo saver from tamiya (part 51000) has some free play (= slop) thus I start changing springs until I found a combination without any (I have several 51000s). Besides that, I add a 0.1mm shim on the left arm of the steering, to reduce slop (= movement) to a minimum.

let's see what happen tomorrow!!
rampal is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 05:01 AM
  #96  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rampal View Post
oh, that was a problem in my servo, nothing to do with the chassis, the screw thread was a little in bad shape, so I change the gear in which the servo arm is attached. now it is like brand new...

the servo saver from tamiya (part 51000) has some free play (= slop) thus I start changing springs until I found a combination without any (I have several 51000s). Besides that, I add a 0.1mm shim on the left arm of the steering, to reduce slop (= movement) to a minimum.

let's see what happen tomorrow!!
oh okay... thanks for the info bro...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 07-20-2007, 05:42 PM
  #97  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Any results yet sir rampal???
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 02:16 AM
  #98  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Sir rampal... Any results yet??? I/we want to know what is the best kit amongst the two kits (o5ms and msxx)...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 06:06 AM
  #99  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 41
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Sir rampal... Any results yet??? I/we want to know what is the best kit amongst the two kits (o5ms and msxx)...
wtf?? like what everybody said both cars are very capable. I guess, its just a matter of preference and how you setup and drive the car.

LMAO just get either or both and test it for urself
oversquared is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 07:09 AM
  #100  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oversquared View Post
wtf?? like what everybody said both cars are very capable. I guess, its just a matter of preference and how you setup and drive the car.

LMAO just get either or both and test it for urself
I'm sorry, it's just that I cannot get two kits at the same time and try them out for myself... I could only try one and for that I don't want to regret what I am going to get between the two kits... and it is my first time to have a cf kit if ever so I really dont know how cf kits perform... my bad
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 07:16 AM
  #101  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 41
Default

If you tried the ta05 you set it up just the same, primarily the only main difference is weight. In fact all TC's are undergoing the same process of setup.

so pick a car, both are Tamiyas with very good design and besides you cannot rely on otheres opinion because in the end it will be you wheeling the car on the racetracks.
oversquared is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 08:43 AM
  #102  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oversquared View Post
If you tried the ta05 you set it up just the same, primarily the only main difference is weight. In fact all TC's are undergoing the same process of setup.

so pick a car, both are Tamiyas with very good design and besides you cannot rely on otheres opinion because in the end it will be you wheeling the car on the racetracks.
yeah, I have a ta05 but not an R though and ran it already with a 23t motor... the result would be nice but not excellent for straight for I am always being left out in straight by the 415s, other cf kit brands but when in corners, I tend to give them a fight... That is what I want with my 05s setup... hehehe... or is it just my motor that is slow??? oh well, actually, that was just my first time competing in 23t with the pros, and it felt good... yeah... but for now, I need to raise some cash for either of these kits... I'm just a kid btw and I might let my mom and dad by the ta05ms for me and I'll buy the 415msxx myself... hahaha... hope they would agree with my plan...

thanks btw bro for the inputs...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 09:18 AM
  #103  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 41
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
yeah, I have a ta05 but not an R though and ran it already with a 23t motor... the result would be nice but not excellent for straight for I am always being left out in straight by the 415s, other cf kit brands but when in corners, I tend to give them a fight... That is what I want with my 05s setup... hehehe... or is it just my motor that is slow??? oh well, actually, that was just my first time competing in 23t with the pros, and it felt good... yeah... but for now, I need to raise some cash for either of these kits... I'm just a kid btw and I might let my mom and dad by the ta05ms for me and I'll buy the 415msxx myself... hahaha... hope they would agree with my plan...

thanks btw bro for the inputs...
oh okay. If that is the case then your ta05 is also very capable incase you dont know it. just run it with new set of tires, fresh packs, and motors and with a very good setup and good wheeling .......

then YOU ARE good to go. dont forget to pratice kid. Pros are always have an edge they wont just give up the race that easily.

Best thing to do right now is run with the fast guys and compete hard, its the fastest way to learn. IMHO

Goodluck
oversquared is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 07:36 PM
  #104  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,326
Default

Foe those of you interested, here is a chassis comparison between the Kawada conversion and the TA05MS.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX-comparison.jpg  
redbones is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 02:25 AM
  #105  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
rctouringracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: woodstock, ga
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Wow thats a big difference!
Thx for the photo comparison.
rctouringracer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.