R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #91
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

me too... never did have a cf kit before and I'm eager to have one but don't know which one to get... the 05ms or the msxx??? that is why I also don't know how cf kit handles in tracks... can't wait though to have those kits in my local country... (what's taking so long!?!?! wahhhh) haha... I'm going insane here just thinking of those two kits... OMG!!! hahaha... Anyway, hope someone here tells us how it handles (both kit) in the track...
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:53 PM   #92
Tech Master

Rampal, any updates on your kits yet???

Any guys who wants to share if ever they had ran their 05ms or msxx in the track...
Old 07-20-2007, 12:21 AM   #93
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rampal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Rampal, any updates on your kits yet???

Any guys who wants to share if ever they had ran their 05ms or msxx in the track...
I finally fix the servo in place....

it took me a while to get rid of any slop on the steering... shim baby, shim! hope today I will fix the electronics in place and tomorrow Saturday test it at the field...
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:41 AM   #94
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampal View Post
I finally fix the servo in place....

it took me a while to get rid of any slop on the steering... shim baby, shim! hope today I will fix the electronics in place and tomorrow Saturday test it at the field...
why? what 's wrong with the servo??? what is slop anyway??? sorry for I really don't know what it is...

yahoo!!! hope you give us nice feedback about the two kits, less negative feedback...
Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #95
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rampal

Quote:
why? what 's wrong with the servo??? what is slop anyway??? sorry for I really don't know what it is...

yahoo!!! hope you give us nice feedback about the two kits, less negative feedback...
oh, that was a problem in my servo, nothing to do with the chassis, the screw thread was a little in bad shape, so I change the gear in which the servo arm is attached. now it is like brand new...

the servo saver from tamiya (part 51000) has some free play (= slop) thus I start changing springs until I found a combination without any (I have several 51000s). Besides that, I add a 0.1mm shim on the left arm of the steering, to reduce slop (= movement) to a minimum.

let's see what happen tomorrow!!
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:01 AM   #96
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampal View Post
oh, that was a problem in my servo, nothing to do with the chassis, the screw thread was a little in bad shape, so I change the gear in which the servo arm is attached. now it is like brand new...

the servo saver from tamiya (part 51000) has some free play (= slop) thus I start changing springs until I found a combination without any (I have several 51000s). Besides that, I add a 0.1mm shim on the left arm of the steering, to reduce slop (= movement) to a minimum.

let's see what happen tomorrow!!
oh okay... thanks for the info bro...
Old 07-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #97
Tech Master

Any results yet sir rampal???
Old 07-21-2007, 02:16 AM   #98
Tech Master

Sir rampal... Any results yet??? I/we want to know what is the best kit amongst the two kits (o5ms and msxx)...
Old 07-21-2007, 06:06 AM   #99
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Sir rampal... Any results yet??? I/we want to know what is the best kit amongst the two kits (o5ms and msxx)...
wtf?? like what everybody said both cars are very capable. I guess, its just a matter of preference and how you setup and drive the car.

LMAO just get either or both and test it for urself
oversquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:09 AM   #100
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oversquared View Post
wtf?? like what everybody said both cars are very capable. I guess, its just a matter of preference and how you setup and drive the car.

LMAO just get either or both and test it for urself
I'm sorry, it's just that I cannot get two kits at the same time and try them out for myself... I could only try one and for that I don't want to regret what I am going to get between the two kits... and it is my first time to have a cf kit if ever so I really dont know how cf kits perform... my bad
Old 07-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #101
Tech Initiate

If you tried the ta05 you set it up just the same, primarily the only main difference is weight. In fact all TC's are undergoing the same process of setup.

so pick a car, both are Tamiyas with very good design and besides you cannot rely on otheres opinion because in the end it will be you wheeling the car on the racetracks.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:43 AM   #102
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oversquared View Post
If you tried the ta05 you set it up just the same, primarily the only main difference is weight. In fact all TC's are undergoing the same process of setup.

so pick a car, both are Tamiyas with very good design and besides you cannot rely on otheres opinion because in the end it will be you wheeling the car on the racetracks.
yeah, I have a ta05 but not an R though and ran it already with a 23t motor... the result would be nice but not excellent for straight for I am always being left out in straight by the 415s, other cf kit brands but when in corners, I tend to give them a fight... That is what I want with my 05s setup... hehehe... or is it just my motor that is slow??? oh well, actually, that was just my first time competing in 23t with the pros, and it felt good... yeah... but for now, I need to raise some cash for either of these kits... I'm just a kid btw and I might let my mom and dad by the ta05ms for me and I'll buy the 415msxx myself... hahaha... hope they would agree with my plan...

thanks btw bro for the inputs...
Old 07-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #103
Tech Initiate

Quote:
yeah, I have a ta05 but not an R though and ran it already with a 23t motor... the result would be nice but not excellent for straight for I am always being left out in straight by the 415s, other cf kit brands but when in corners, I tend to give them a fight... That is what I want with my 05s setup... hehehe... or is it just my motor that is slow??? oh well, actually, that was just my first time competing in 23t with the pros, and it felt good... yeah... but for now, I need to raise some cash for either of these kits... I'm just a kid btw and I might let my mom and dad by the ta05ms for me and I'll buy the 415msxx myself... hahaha... hope they would agree with my plan...

thanks btw bro for the inputs...
oh okay. If that is the case then your ta05 is also very capable incase you dont know it. just run it with new set of tires, fresh packs, and motors and with a very good setup and good wheeling .......

then YOU ARE good to go. dont forget to pratice kid. Pros are always have an edge they wont just give up the race that easily.

Best thing to do right now is run with the fast guys and compete hard, its the fastest way to learn. IMHO

Goodluck
Old 07-21-2007, 07:36 PM   #104
Tech Master

Foe those of you interested, here is a chassis comparison between the Kawada conversion and the TA05MS.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX-comparison.jpg  
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:25 AM   #105
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer

Wow thats a big difference!
Thx for the photo comparison.
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote