R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/171991-tamiya-ta05ms-vs-trf415-msxx.html)

rampal 07-12-2007 02:21 AM


Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 (Post 3477026)
btw guy, right there are still some plastic parts from the ta05ms rather than the msxx??? msxx has no more plastic parts except for the arm, body posts, etc... on the other hand, ta05 ms's bumper stopper is still plastic, the servo holder is still plastic, not like the msxx...

the only plastic pieces that are different from the MSXX are upper bumper holder and servo holder....

the servo holder I will use some aluminum ones I have from an older project (tamiya as well) and i even prefer the plastic bumper holder, mainly because I put my transponder at the front, and plastic is more "transparent" than carbon to the transponder.... I even use the plastic one on my MSXX....

the 05MS can be a good option, donīt get down because these small plastic bits... everything else is MSXX alike...

cheers,
al

Xanavi_R34 07-12-2007 04:17 AM


Originally Posted by buboy28 (Post 3477677)
if you are going to get the kit with our LHS better get the MSXX:) i was informed that the TA-05MS will be almost the same price as the MSXX:)

oh really??? well I might as well get the msxx if that's the case... hahaha... can't wait for the msxx to come to our LHS... S#%@!!! whats taking so long for it to come to our country?!?! :cry::(

rampal 07-12-2007 04:54 AM


Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 (Post 3477875)
oh really??? well I might as well get the msxx if that's the case... hahaha... can't wait for the msxx to come to our LHS... S#%@!!! whats taking so long for it to come to our country?!?! :cry::(

distributor fights or decisions... for example, in my country, almost no LHS carries tamiya, due the distributor policy with prices... perhaps is your case as well....

Xanavi_R34 07-12-2007 11:00 PM


Originally Posted by rampal (Post 3477938)
distributor fights or decisions... for example, in my country, almost no LHS carries tamiya, due the distributor policy with prices... perhaps is your case as well....

maybe not sir... because they don't really have any problem with carrying Tamiya shops here in the Phil, it's just that they are mostly alwasy delay with the new items of tamiya international...

buboy28 07-13-2007 01:09 AM


Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 (Post 3480779)
maybe not sir... because they don't really have any problem with carrying Tamiya shops here in the Phil, it's just that they are mostly alwasy delay with the new items of tamiya international...

well maybe because the demand of the new products are much much higher in the U.S. and in Europe so might be thats the reason why they always have the new products first and since only a few of us wants it we almost always have it delayed or last to received it:)

nexxus 07-13-2007 01:14 AM

Like comparing a WRX to an Excel

IMO the TA05 MS is just a super hopped up Excel, underneath all the bling it's still a TA05

The MSXX is and was a supurb racer, a WRX.

flying G.E.O. 07-13-2007 01:58 AM

Wow sashiboy wants to buy an msx. Ready to take racing seriouslyspend for 4 sets of sub c every 5 months? :p
415 all the way. Its the kit of choice of tamiya worlds runner up Takaya Youichiro and you know how good he is here. ;) Banzai!

HI_808 07-13-2007 02:36 AM


Originally Posted by nexxus (Post 3481002)
Like comparing a WRX to an Excel

IMO the TA05 MS is just a super hopped up Excel, underneath all the bling it's still a TA05

The MSXX is and was a supurb racer, a WRX.

What's an Excel?

I think I get what you're saying, but inferring from the fact that I have no idea what an Excel is, that may be an unfair comparison. It might be more fair to say that the TA05 is to the MSX as the Silvia is to a Skyline.

Anyway, has anyone really examined the performance (actual, not theoretical) of the TA05MS yet?

miccal 07-13-2007 02:47 AM

An Excel is the cheapest model of Hyandai in Australia.

sosidge 07-13-2007 04:18 AM


Originally Posted by nexxus (Post 3481002)
Like comparing a WRX to an Excel

IMO the TA05 MS is just a super hopped up Excel, underneath all the bling it's still a TA05

The MSXX is and was a supurb racer, a WRX.

Back on the TA05-bashing pills again then I see?

It's clear that the TA05MS is nothing like a normal TA05, and shares only a tiny amount of parts with the TA05-R.

As far as I can tell the only TA05-compatible chassis and drivetrain parts on it are the diffs and the new aluminium front and rear bulkheads. The whole weight distribution, and belt arrangement is new, and the LW suspension is just that, the same suspension all the top Tamiya cars run.

This car is a totally different beast and should be treated as such. Let's see what it does on the track before making rash comments about it's merits.

Wouldn't it be funny if your beloved TRF415 got spanked by an MS and you had to eat your words!

Xanavi_R34 07-13-2007 05:34 AM


Originally Posted by flying G.E.O. (Post 3481052)
Wow sashiboy wants to buy an msx. Ready to take racing seriouslyspend for 4 sets of sub c every 5 months? :p
415 all the way. Its the kit of choice of tamiya worlds runner up Takaya Youichiro and you know how good he is here. ;) Banzai!

not really... it's just that I cannot join stock touring anymore in TAC next year... so I'm just getting ready for the war next year if ever... hehehe... and about the sub-c... it depends... I don't charge my batts at 6A higher just to get some punch from the batts... I only charge my batts at 3A - 4A only but I am competing with people who charges their batts at 5A - 6A... No offense to those who charges their batts at a high rate, for me, I just don't see any difference, you're just killing the batts quickly... Anyway, about the kit, well I think I already made a choice here, msxx is my choice...:nod: Oh and btw, I also just want to have one of the high end kits of TRF...:D

buboy28 07-13-2007 06:56 PM


Originally Posted by nexxus (Post 3481002)
Like comparing a WRX to an Excel

IMO the TA05 MS is just a super hopped up Excel, underneath all the bling it's still a TA05

The MSXX is and was a supurb racer, a WRX.

well from my point of view, never under estimate an enemy or a competitor:) the MS might be badged as a TA-05 but a lot of its parts are common with the 415:) lets just see what it can do when its finally run by the racers themselves:)

MrJames 07-13-2007 10:52 PM

try building both...it's night and day difference. i would compare the ta05ms to the evo 4....but even the evo 4 has better parts. :D

rctouringracer 07-13-2007 11:45 PM

MrJames are you saying the parts in the MS kit of are lower quality compared to the TRF and TB kits?:confused: Why?:(

rampal 07-14-2007 01:13 AM


Originally Posted by MrJames (Post 3483553)
try building both...it's night and day difference. i would compare the ta05ms to the evo 4....but even the evo 4 has better parts. :D

I have to disagree here... which parts do you say are worst quality on the 05MS?? :confused: :confused: I have the MSXX and the 05MS and all suspension is exactly the same, dampers, steering... the only things that really change are upper and lower deck, bulkheads (and I like them a lot) and motor mount.... :weird: if you're complaining for the plastic servo holders and upper bumper holder, you can buy the aluminum servo holders for 2.50 euros and the carbon bumper for 6 euros or so... plastic battery parts I didn't even opened them, as I use 5 cell and tape...


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:27 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright Đ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.