R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/171991-tamiya-ta05ms-vs-trf415-msxx.html)

doriftu 08-16-2007 02:29 AM

hi guys,

can you explain whats the difference between all these tamiya kits? the naming convention is really confusing :eek: btw wats MS stands for?

TRF415 MS, TRF415 MSX, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF415 MSXX, TRF415MSXX MRE... *gulp*
TA05, TA05 MS...

im planning to get a prokit and of course its kinda between TA05MS and TRF415MSXX? is there a significance in price? i heard that MSXX MRE will be out soon...

thanks guys!

Xanavi_R34 08-16-2007 02:46 AM


Originally Posted by doriftu (Post 3585955)
hi guys,

can you explain whats the difference between all these tamiya kits? the naming convention is really confusing :eek: btw wats MS stands for?

TRF415 MS, TRF415 MSX, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF415 MSXX, TRF415MSXX MRE... *gulp*
TA05, TA05 MS...

im planning to get a prokit and of course its kinda between TA05MS and TRF415MSXX? is there a significance in price? i heard that MSXX MRE will be out soon...

thanks guys!

MS stands for Maezumi Style... For me, ta05ms is already okay and I like it alot... But they also say that msxx is better, but that depends on the driver now... All I know is that both kits have its advantage and disadvantages...

I was also confused on which to get but I ended getting the 05ms and I am satisfied with it...

nikkiesteban 08-16-2007 04:26 AM

count me in. 05ms satisfied user here.:) very free drive train..

rampal 08-16-2007 05:38 AM


Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 (Post 3585983)
MS stands for Maezumi Style... For me, ta05ms is already okay and I like it alot... But they also say that msxx is better, but that depends on the driver now... All I know is that both kits have its advantage and disadvantages...

I was also confused on which to get but I ended getting the 05ms and I am satisfied with it...

MS stands for Maezumi Satoshi

Xanavi_R34 08-16-2007 05:45 AM


Originally Posted by rampal (Post 3586273)
MS stands for Maezumi Satoshi

hahaha... :lol::lol::lol::lol: Whooops, my bad... weird... I thought I read that somewhere before... But not so sure where... Hehehe.. My bad... I apologize for that...

PizzaDude 08-16-2007 08:11 AM


Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 (Post 3586292)
hahaha... :lol::lol::lol::lol: Whooops, my bad... weird... I thought I read that somewhere before... But not so sure where... Hehehe.. My bad... I apologize for that...

NOP it means Maezumi Style, indeed refering to TRF driver and designer Satoshi Maezumi's "look"!

Tamiya Japan says: kit+MS = Maezumi Style

doriftu 08-16-2007 08:18 AM

ic... now i understand... thanks for clearing up... wonder will there be a XXX version of the car? hehehe :sneaky:

still no review or opinions on the TA05MS vs 415MSXX?

im currently using a TT01D for drifting. planning to get the TA05 kit but come to think of it i may ended up spending a lot on hop ups just like what im doing to my TT01 now. thus, plan to get a prokit such as the TA05MS or the 415. it will be used for both drifting and touring... :tire::tire:

Xanavi_R34 08-16-2007 08:22 AM

Actually bro, there is already... Try checking out the Tamiya TA05MS thread and trf415 thread... There you will find some reviews about those two kits...:nod::nod::nod:


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:01 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.