Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX

Old 08-01-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3ndo5a
TA05 MS report Card

I ran mine Saturday about 30*C

Used Tires 36RP (Bad move) I was being cheap and did not want to buy tires
I should have ran 30*RP (My cars are faster with a new set)
Power Plant Novak Brushless 13.5
Gearing 4.5-5.0 The car was alot faster on Take off @5.0 FDR
(Did not need the Top end speed of 4.5, But it cool to see the car running everyone down on the straight yet losing it where it is needed the "field.")

Spool Front on the Rear Diff
Soft suspension set

Is the TA05MS(2.25)Long Arms faster than my TRF415MRE(1.944)Short arms
well......
Yes
and
No
Guys or Gals it really depends on who is holding the controller. I've ran faster lap time with my TA05r vs my MRE. But that does not make the kit better nor faster.

The right Gearing/Good traction(hint hint) and some mean Voltage.

TA05MS is a very smooth like the 415MRE
It has very quick steering
The is very planted even with old slow tires.
No tweak concern like the 415....once you bolt it down...done deal
TA05 MS is alittle more forgiven to setup error.....

The Biggest down side to this kit......is that lay shaft taken up half the electronic side board. almost make you not even want to drive it....

This is the biggest buy advantage the 415MRE/MSXX has over this Kit

If I only had enough to buy one kit...I would go I would go with the

TRF415MRE/MSXX

TA05MS is a good Kit yet Tamiya could take some notes from Schumacher Mi3 and come a out with a layshaft hop up to free up that space. Then it could be the Boss Flagship

Asphalt, right?? I envy you, I cannot go outside if there is 30C at the shadow.... where are you, sunny California??
Old 08-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The Biggest down side to this kit......is that lay shaft taken up half the electronic side board. almost make you not even want to drive it....

Is there enough room to mount the ESC behind the motor?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv
Is there enough room to mount the ESC behind the motor?
yes there is. i have my GTB mounted there. you can mount it in front of the motor. check out rampal's layout.

i cant really do that since the the 3PK Fasst receiver is pretty big (unless i stack it on top of the servo. )
Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
yes there is. i have my GTB mounted there. you can mount it in front of the motor. check out rampal's layout.

i cant really do that since the the 3PK Fasst receiver is pretty big (unless i stack it on top of the servo. )
Thanks, Chris! I'm leaning towards buying this car and I didn't want to mount the receiver on top of the servo. That LRP Sphere TC would look real nice on a TA05MS
Old 08-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rampal
Asphalt, right?? I envy you, I cannot go outside if there is 30C at the shadow.... where are you, sunny California??

I race in North Carolina (Rosewood/ RDU/ Bragg) and Yes it get hot here....The outside temp is normally around 93-99 outside.

I did not mount my BL ESC on the other side because I wanted to keep the balance left to right...putting that BL ESC on the Rear deck add alittle uneven weight lift, very little but enough that I do not like it.....maybe a GTX or KO C2 would not matter...

The cheapest I've seen this kit was $329+28 to ship @ rc model in hong kong it took about 5 days to get for it sat at customs for two days.

I made one error putting this car together...on the Layshaft .....I put the layshaft lock adapter on backward. I do not know how much performance loss I suffered but it was some loss. I will know this weekend.

I do not have the mini SPK receiver and have no plans on getting one...I will be going back to my AHRS 302f receiver with 502fh module (worth every penny)on my Kopropo....I got better response out of cars....Throttle and Steering.

Choose wisely TA05 MS or TRF415

If your lucky find aTRF415 MS and Hybrid it with the newer parts.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX-mre-ta05-029.jpg   Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX-mre-ta05-027.jpg   Tamiya TA05MS vs TRF415 MSXX-mre-ta05-028.jpg  
Old 08-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

I race in North Carolina (Rosewood/ RDU/ Bragg) and Yes it get hot here....The outside temp is normally around 93-99 outside.

I did not mount my BL ESC on the other side because I wanted to keep the balance left to right...putting that BL ESC on the Rear deck add alittle uneven weight lift, very little but enough that I do not like it.....maybe a GTX or KO C2 would not matter...

The cheapest I've seen this kit was $329+28 to ship @ rc model in hong kong it took about 5 days to get for it sat at customs for two days.

I made one error putting this car together...on the Layshaft .....I put the layshaft lock adapter on backward. I do not know how much performance loss I suffered but it was some loss. I will know this weekend.

I do not have the mini SPK receiver and have no plans on getting one...I will be going back to my AHRS 302f receiver with 502fh module (worth every penny)on my Kopropo....I got better response out of cars....Throttle and Steering.

Choose wisely TA05 MS or TRF415

If your lucky find aTRF415 MS and Hybrid it with the newer parts.

Hey, i've seen you put the air scoop on it too... I ordered it as well, together with the carbon bumper holder and 42mm titanium turnbuckles.... just for bling anyway and, perhaps, if I put the GTB exactly as I have it on my 415 scoop, it will be a fast way to change motor/esc
Old 08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up ta05 vs trf? :D

Ok I don't know if the subject has change but the TRF's will blow the ta05 out the water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!! I have:

Tamiya: ta03 rs (running)

Tamiya: ta02ff( not running) in peaces in shoe box

Tamiya: tt01 (not runnung needs esc)

Tamiya: tg10 mk1 (not running very bad crash)

Old vintage tamiya truck: (not running)

TAMIYA has come a LLOONNGG way! That's car will run neck to neck with the hara rs4 pro4 and cyclone moore!

If you get it you would like it!

BUT!!!!!!!!=( tamiya is the company that will throw the best kits ever!!!!!!!!! but get it while you can, and PARTS once there here get then if you don't you'll be sorry! They will be nowhere to be found no hobby shop are not even tamiya will have them!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

I don't get it... Where is the layshaft located and what does it look like??? Why most of the people having the 05MS seem to have a problem with it???
Old 08-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rampal
Hey, i've seen you put the air scoop on it too... I ordered it as well, together with the carbon bumper holder and 42mm titanium turnbuckles.... just for bling anyway and, perhaps, if I put the GTB exactly as I have it on my 415 scoop, it will be a fast way to change motor/esc
Hey rampal

Haven`t you already try if MSXX carbon bumber holder fit MS?

Btw. Lastnight i measured and looked my MS layshaft assembly vs MI3 layshaft how it`s possible to make same thing to get more room for Sphere TC and new Sanwa receiver

I didn`t find what size is MI3 middle pulley?

Just my 1 cent
Old 08-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
I don't get it... Where is the layshaft located and what does it look like??? Why most of the people having the 05MS seem to have a problem with it???
Take it easy. No problem at all
Old 08-02-2007, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cruisaaja
Hey rampal

Haven`t you already try if MSXX carbon bumber holder fit MS?

Btw. Lastnight i measured and looked my MS layshaft assembly vs MI3 layshaft how it`s possible to make same thing to get more room for Sphere TC and new Sanwa receiver

I didn`t find what size is MI3 middle pulley?

Just my 1 cent

the carbon bumper holder indeed fits the MS.... the 05MS and the MSXX share the same bumper holder: Evo5

can you post some value comparisons between MI3 and 05MS?? Will be nice to see if there is room for a good mod

cheers,
al
Old 08-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have msxx and MS and the airscoop and bumper holder is alike....
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, thanks that info

I just look that Mi3 online manual lastnight and just though is it possible to use that layshaft and bearings etc... to make it samekind of system to MS...maybe not possible?

Go Shumacher site and take a look and tell what you think, because i`m not engineering
Old 08-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, the 05ms and the msxx share the same CF bumber holder and air scoop... It will definitely, 110% sure fit without any modifications...
Old 08-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by flying G.E.O.
I see. That's why he didn't get lapped by Japans Tamiya Worlds top 3 Takaya san in that race. Everybody else did according to the race organizer. But still even though its Ian's first race at the track he placed 2nd. The grid was made of experience and active racers.
As far as which of the two kits to get, knowing Xanavi is a student and only has enough budget for one car, I'd say go for the top of the line. I dont regret buying the TA05 but if I really had money to spend in one shot I would get a 415 myself.
i wasnt lapped either .... only in the last main where my packs dumped. although yes, taka was really fast. and it was good racing with ian as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.