R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-13-2007, 01:29 AM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to teammidget lilB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
Great example on the gas. People will buy 25 sets of tires from Hong Kong - just to save about $10 a set. For me, rubber tires on carpet are lasting me a good 4-6 weeks, on asphalt it might be closer to 2-4 weeks of racing.

I would rather pay my extra $10 to my LHS than import them in - why - b/c i want a place where i can race and buy my parts from. I also live 50 miles from my local track - it costs me $10 in gas everytime i go - but i still have a place to race!

Mitch, have fun driving and spending a boat load in gas getting to your non-local track......

Oh yeah - check out what the MSRP is on the kit your run - and then see if you paid list price. These tires JUST came out - so once the distribution is there - the street price should be around what all the other tires are selling for....$30-35
ok i know mcgoo but not personally and i know that hes a carpet guy that just started racing rubber tire so i think we have all figured out that asphault isnt hes normally racing so let it goooo

U.S. Army @ Camp Humphreys, South Korea
teammidget lilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:22 AM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
You then go to McDonald's and try to negotiate a better deal on a Big Mac, or 10 piece nugget.
Not to go off topic, but this just happened to me yesterday... I was in line at McDonalds, and three or four of the people in line in front of me ordered the ten piece McNuggets for $3.49... meanwhile I get to the counter and I order three of the four piece McNuggets (off the dollar menu, they're a buck each). The clerk actually asks me "Would you like a ten piece, it's only 49 cents more?" I asked her why I would want to spend 49 cents more to get fewer nuggets, and she says "maybe on your planet three times four is more than ten, but here on earth it's SEVEN"
Old 07-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #63
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
Not to go off topic, but this just happened to me yesterday... I was in line at McDonalds, and three or four of the people in line in front of me ordered the ten piece McNuggets for $3.49... meanwhile I get to the counter and I order three of the four piece McNuggets (off the dollar menu, they're a buck each). The clerk actually asks me "Would you like a ten piece, it's only 49 cents more?" I asked her why I would want to spend 49 cents more to get fewer nuggets, and she says "maybe on your planet three times four is more than ten, but here on earth it's SEVEN"
ROFL that's the best I've heard all day !!!
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
BRAIN SURGEON!!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #65
Suspended

Talking

Quote:
Well, at least she's working in the right place.

In high school, one of my teachers used to sell donuts in the morning.

30 cents each, or 3 for $1.

When I saw this, I asked him what the deal was? He said I was the very first student to question him on it. He had been doing this for months.

It was either stupidity, or high school kids being "too cool" to ask for a dime back.

I'm partial to the former. And people wonder why jobs are being sent overseas.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
This has to be the best example of todays youth i have ever heard
Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

***The 2007 Halloween Classic at The Gate - Live, Nude Dancing***

but only by Seaball.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
***The 2007 Halloween Classic at The Gate - Live, Nude Dancing***

but only by Seaball.
oh now I have to go again this year damn it lol you know I am going to put that up on youtube!!!!
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:52 PM   #69
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
Unless he is a tool.
word
Pritchxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:19 AM   #70
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Sounds like its the same for the guys at SIR. 20 run Rp30's....thats selling your soul to the Devil for ya!Sign me up!
Not quite 20 runs but damn close (Brett Sisley, one of our local sponsered Schuie drivers has sets that are between 13-17 runs on 'em)

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:25 AM   #71
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMitch View Post
Lets do the math on 4 weeks of racing,

4 Practice runs
3 Qualifiers
1 Main
8 total runs per race day

I race six times a month so that 48 runs on a set of tires! Wow I think I would be riding on the insert by the end the month.

Do you whine this much when your breastfeeding?

Sounds like this hobby isnt for you, better collect quarters and bugs son.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:37 PM   #72
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer

What compounds do the new pre-mounts come in?
Thanks in advance.
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote