R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default Bubble Level on Integy Setup/Tweak Board is Off

I picked up this Integy setup board/tweak station.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRJH8&P=7

I've checked it against a couple other quality levels and the freakin' bubble level is off center.

I don't suppose anything can be done to fix this?

I picked this up from Tower Hobbies and it looks like I'll be stuck with shipping both ways to return an unusable product. If that's the case it will be the last purchase I make from Tower.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I bought the laser one, and the laser shoots off in some random direction with no apparent means of being fixed. Integy can bite my ass.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Outch! That one is 'spensive.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Integy can bite my ass.
while i agree with your instruction for integy on the whole, the tweak board can be re-aligned. inside the lazer pocket, under the protective cover, you'll see that it is mounted to a small tripod that can be adjusted. it's actually very simple, but you need a good surface to calibrate to. flip the tweak board upside down on a good surface (setup board, surface plate, etc.) and tweak the laser back into alignment with the set screws. voila! now you're good for a few weeks until it gets knocked around again.

and the bubble level is as useful as a bag of warm, steaming poo. the fluid in it does not appear to be the correct type, and therefore, doesn't provide the necessary response.

by the way, not tower's fault. well, not unless you blame them for a poor decision to carry integy products, which has some merit.

- steve yurko -
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
by the way, not tower's fault. well, not unless you blame them for a poor decision to carry integy products, which has some merit.

- steve yurko -
I agree it's not their fault but I believe companies should stand behind the products they sell. They should reimburse shipping on defective items and in turn the manufacture should be reimbursing them.

If a customer orders a setup board and they mistakenly ship the previously mentioned bag of poo the customer is left paying for the return shipping to fix the mistake.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
while i agree with your instruction for integy on the whole, the tweak board can be re-aligned. inside the lazer pocket, under the protective cover, you'll see that it is mounted to a small tripod that can be adjusted. it's actually very simple, but you need a good surface to calibrate to. flip the tweak board upside down on a good surface (setup board, surface plate, etc.) and tweak the laser back into alignment with the set screws. voila! now you're good for a few weeks until it gets knocked around again.

and the bubble level is as useful as a bag of warm, steaming poo. the fluid in it does not appear to be the correct type, and therefore, doesn't provide the necessary response.

- steve yurko -
I'll have to look again, I opened the assembly with the laser and didn't find anything allowing for an adjustment. It was just kind of set in there, held into place by the force of the cover on the laser compartment. I tried moving it all around, and the best I can tell, there's not even a way for it to shoot directly out of the hole.

For reference, I'm talking about this board: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKTM1&P=7.

My kind email to Integy about repair/warranty replacement went unanswered. And honestly, this isn't the first problem I've had with them, and I almost feel like this is my punishment for buying their products against my better judgement.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
Tech Lord

When I got it, we couldn't figure out why the laser was moving the opposite direction of their other laser tweak board. We all stood around baffled by it, and -finally- realized what we were seeing on the display was a reflection of the laser, since it was shooting up, hitting the bottom of the board, and reflecting back down to the little gauge. Needless to say, we felt pretty dumb about it.

Anyway, attempting to align the laser to shoot directly from the hole in its compartment to the gauge at the other end doesn't appear to be possible, nor did it seem as though it was easily adjusted. :-( It came to me this way, straight from Integy via their eBay store.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

holy schmoley! i just looked.. $175 to do what i do on my $20 postage scale with my touring car or use two pennies to do on my pan car... yikes..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
When I got it, we couldn't figure out why the laser was moving the opposite direction of their other laser tweak board.
i've seen the same thing on the setup/tweak station of another racer. i mistakenly thought this was in reference to the purple tweak station. perhaps the one your are referring to has a fixed laser, which is bogus if it's off.

in conclusion, integy packages warm, bubbly excrement and sells it for a mint. i mean, that is the theme, right?
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
I agree it's not their fault but I believe companies should stand behind the products they sell. They should reimburse shipping on defective items and in turn the manufacture should be reimbursing them.

If a customer orders a setup board and they mistakenly ship the previously mentioned bag of poo the customer is left paying for the return shipping to fix the mistake.

Think you're mistaken. Tower DOES cover postage on defective items... well at least for me they did
I sent back a bad $70 heli receiver/gyro. Called up tower, explained the problem and they emailed me a return label that I printed out... pretty simple.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Think you're mistaken. Tower DOES cover postage on defective items... well at least for me they did
I sent back a bad $70 heli receiver/gyro. Called up tower, explained the problem and they emailed me a return label that I printed out... pretty simple.
I guess I'll have to call them. I'm just going off their statement on the back of the invoice. It says "we do not reimburse for insurance, postage or duties."
Old 07-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I bought one direct from Integy...
good concept..but hard to read the bubble when the car is right over it..

I returned after a few days... and still waiting for my refund...
and it's been 3months now...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

maybe integy and titanium racing are the same people.. they have the same QC and customer service.. jk.

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
maybe integy and titanium racing are the same people.. they have the same QC and customer service.. jk.
lol
Old 07-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just thought I'd chime in to say that I bought an integy set-up board last year and the level bubble was off too...
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote