R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl View Post
I can tell most of you have really never raced a 10 scale pancar, the car will work on almost any surface. Yes the touring car will out perform a pancar on a low traction condition, but not on medium and up traction level
Hector, waz up! Nice to see you back in action here. For all of you who dont know, Hector is Corally TC driver, and a hell of driver, too. He's also very good on 1/12th and 1/10 pan cars and anything RC. He's been racing at the pro level for a long time and knows what he's talking about...I gree with you Hector...pan car will out handle and out run most mod TC's...but they need well preped track. Belive me, I have done it...I know how to drive them and very fast...they are incredibly quick, nible, and very good w/ the right track traction. I have beaten fast nitro and EP TC's w/ my Pantoura. But it hasnt been w/ no 19t and 6 cell power. I have run them with Trinity N60 Bl motor and lipos, as well as Novak 4.5R motor- they have proven more than enough to leave those fools confused- they just dont know what hit them. The shock in their faces is priceless...however, if you have beaten good TC mod driver w/a 200mm pan car, with a 27T motor and 6 cells...wow. I have never tested my pan car with that set up so I cant tell you- but if you have, well them it is what it is. I'd still like to see it, personally.

I'm fixing a couple of things on my Pantoura and plan to run it his weekend at Coral Springs. We'll clean and spray the track(sugar water) and see how my Pantoura does with my lipo and 10.5 Orion BL motor. I'll need some rear tires and fronts- hopefully RCHobbies still has some rear Pinks and front purple/magentas left...
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #152
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl View Post
I can tell most of you have really never raced a 10 scale pancar, the car will work on almost any surface. Yes the touring car will out perform a pancar on a low traction condition, but not on medium and up traction level.

A six cell stock motored pancar will out handle, out accelerate any mod touring car( of course not on a unpreppared track).

All you guys that are complaining about how hard the cars are to drive have no idea , tell that to everyone that ever raced at the hieght of pancar racing.

Everyone was a newbie at one point with a pancar and did fine, some our the cream of the crop in touring now. We ran pancars on parking lots like touring but of course we prepped the surface's, but consider the tires were'nt as good back then , the cars were extreemly quick and would have high speed blow overs. When is the last time you saw that happen to a touring car, very rarely if they brush the boards its usually a roll over. Pancars could go 6' + in the air. All due to the speeds.

I would however like to try the cars 190 mm with adapter to run touring tires. I would bet 4 cell with a 10.5 brushless system would be nice. Maybe have touring mod speeds with lipo 13.5 or 10.5 would be a hell of alot cheaper to maintain.

@ yyhayyim I'll bet you $500.00 that a pancar with a six cell nimh batteries and a roar 27t or 19t mod powered pancar can stomp your 3.5 powered lipo schumacher touring car at coral springs.

GUys I would like direct drive car to come back, I have a narrow 911 gt1 one porsche ready to roll ! Does anyone actually know who may make the adapters to run radial touring tires on a pancar. I know they are very populer in Asia.

I raced 1/10th pan cars from the late Bolink Eliminator 10/early 10L days all the way through the HPI 10GW days. What I would consider a medium bite track would be a pretty even race between pan cars and TCs and the pan cars would start taking over as the grip got better from there.

As for running TC tires on a pan car...The F103GT does that now and the old F103s eventually went to a F1 sized rubber tire made the same as a TC tire. Grip just isn't as good with rubber tires as with foams. Personally I think they are not heavy enough for the rubber to grip well. In dusty conditions the rubber tire can have better grip then the foam but grip is still poor either way.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #153
Tech Elite

slcf1, i was thinking something similar.. start the day with 2 hours of practice, up to an hour for newbies, and then open practice. basically actually have time to practice, make a change or two and try it again.
2 12-15 min quals (but i was thinking current style), 1 hour or longer (A) mains. 2-man Bump up lower mains being shorter of course. (where i'm at there is a lot of team type of action, state series off-road and locally family teams - so pit stops are the norm) then i got to thinkin somebody's gonna wanna run a 'qualifying' setup to get into the race and then change it for the race. so i was thinking you had to start the race with qualifying gearing to keep things even. but perhaps a single lap or average limited number of laps counted would even up. - Mains determined by amount of people that can fit on driver stand lol or # of cars that can fit on the track and be marshalled safely

these type of longer events would a) provide more fun time for everyone, b) format much easier for tv type exposure where commentators can do their work like the real racing. (even if tape delayed, still less editing time needed)

k its friday and 5pm. CIAO
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #154
Tech Regular

I used to drive a trc 1/10 pan car. this was before AE even thought about desinging a pan car. I think its is dead for ever in SOCAL area. everyone out here want's the latest and baddest. 1/8 truggy class growing off the hook for the speed and sound. and many of the Gen X'rs are into the drift scene. for the looks and bling.

too bad for us pan car lovers. I will continue to drive oval pan cars.
but i have a truggy kit waiting to be built this fall.

I only...
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #155
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

Anyone in here familiar with the Trinity Reflex 10ss?

Does it use an AE front end? if not, will one fit?

Would it work as a donor? or even as is for round course?

How about a Hyper drive 700, donor?
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #156
Tech Champion

If I remember correctly the Reflex 10 was designed to be a dirt oval car that had a fully independant suspension. Not sure what was different with the SS version. Their on-road oval pan car was the Evolution 10SS.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #157
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

I was guessing with the name Reflex, it could be Evolution.

Its the large lot of Switchblade stuff in the for sale section
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146561
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:58 AM   #158
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The evolution of the 1/10th car was Bolink(1985)-Composite Craft(1985 )- TRC-Later Delta-Vicfor-Hyperdrive and when Associated.When they came out with theirs they kicked everyones butt at the nationals with the first car that was finsihed the day before (1987 in Ok.- driver Tony Neisinger).
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #159
Tech Champion

Primus that is the Evolution 10ss. It does not use the AE front end. Actually the front end for the EV10 was the first "reactive caster" front end which AE used the idea for for their Dynamic Strut front end. The Trinity front end had 1 solid graphite plate for the lower arms then used 4 adjustable links for the upper arms. AE took it a step further in creating a front end that does the same thing but is easier to adjust.

Bullfrog the evolution of the 1/10th car goes past that even. Trinity came out with the EV10 and kicked everyone's butt with the reactive caster front end and in-line battery positioning. There was a few other interesting cars out there with new ideas like the Yokomo which used an in-line battery like the EV10 but used a U shaped flex plate instead of links. Most of these other ideas pretty much went no where. AE then came out with their dynamic front suspension which worked in principal the same way as the trinity but was easier to work with, lighter, and less expensive to produce. The next major evolution was also AE with the symetrial T-plate. I'm sure I left some stuff out but to really analyse it would take a book.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #160
Tech Champion

I forgot to mention the EV10 was also the first to use the monoball pivot with side links type rear suspension which is used in several cars today.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #161
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

It was the Trinity EV10 and it had a very complicated front end, with links that when you adj. one rod, the other 2 were off.

And no, I don't think the Assoc. front end would fit.

I had one and you could run rear steer in it, the batteries on the left for oval, or down the center for on road.

Eric at Darkside, YHPM.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:42 AM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your giving trinity to much credit for that front end as it orginally came out and was produced by Delta. Trinity just changed it alittle. I've got the 1/12th delta frontend and later with their 1/10th Villian.Trinty just removed the front mono-shock and made a plate. The parts are basically the same.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #163
Tech Apprentice

Yep...Sedans Are weak and slow!!... Delima solved.. When sedan's hit the scene, I remember calling them SlamDans!! LMAO!! "all sloppy and banging around the track".. LMAO!! The whole sedan thing, when it hit the scene, was to be able to run in parking lots behind hobby shops(mostly). So the hobby shops could "promote" the hobby!
Spend 300-400 bucks on a belt driven mess, or with that same doe, you can pick up both 1/10 and 1/12 pan kits!! Not to mention run a set of tires more than a couple times!! 500 dollar bet I heard a while back and a plane flight to a local track.. I'll take you up on that.. Send me a round trip ticket so you can get waxed!!
BananaWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #164
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
Your giving trinity to much credit for that front end as it orginally came out and was produced by Delta. Trinity just changed it alittle. I've got the 1/12th delta frontend and later with their 1/10th Villian.Trinty just removed the front mono-shock and made a plate. The parts are basically the same.
Yes it is delta parts but the design concept is completely different. The delta was a mono shock independant front end and wasn't made as a reactive caster front end.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaWheels View Post
Yep...Sedans Are weak and slow!!... Delima solved.. When sedan's hit the scene, I remember calling them SlamDans!! LMAO!! "all sloppy and banging around the track".. LMAO!! The whole sedan thing, when it hit the scene, was to be able to run in parking lots behind hobby shops(mostly). So the hobby shops could "promote" the hobby!
Spend 300-400 bucks on a belt driven mess, or with that same doe, you can pick up both 1/10 and 1/12 pan kits!! Not to mention run a set of tires more than a couple times!! 500 dollar bet I heard a while back and a plane flight to a local track.. I'll take you up on that.. Send me a round trip ticket so you can get waxed!!
I just took someone's $500. They were as dilisunal and cocky as you are. He tried to race my mod BL MI3 w/ LIPO and Foam tires on asphalt. He ran a Corally C10X w/ 6 cell IB3800 and a 10.5BL motor. We ran 5 minute race...I ended up wining by a lap. He was quick, and really good handling, but not the speed you need to mess with mod BL TC w/ LIPO. Ran few more races with rubber tires, and still won. ..thanks for the money Mark...next time try 6.5R motor, at least.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote