Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Should A-main drivers from the past 5 years be allowed to tune their cars or practice >

Should A-main drivers from the past 5 years be allowed to tune their cars or practice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should A-main drivers from the past 5 years be allowed to tune their cars or practice

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest

1. All tires will be trued by JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy so that all four are different diameters.
They can also be trued by SteveSteve. Ask Cuffs about the Birds
Sorry Stevie... had to do it.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Can I get someone to practice for me?
Didn't you guys have Scooby do that last season?
Old 07-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Sounds good to me.

You for got one very important rule: all a-mainers must run backwards, and can only use radios under $100, and only analog ESC.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No PT they have to jump off the stand and hit the number on the pc then run back to the stand before running again.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default these threads

Last edited by billjacobs; 07-05-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Last edited by timmay70; 07-05-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

there lies one of the problems , stock class , say they run 22 laps , then you have beginner or novice and they bash there way thru 15 laps , you start in novice , you stop crashing , as much , you do say 18 laps severeal weeks you bump up and your running with the best guys at your track , but its okey , all you gotta do is pull over 4 or 5 times and let the frieght train go by , i really dont care if i ever win its a hobby , its just for fun , but i dont have alot of fun when i feel like im in the way , i really liked the tennis refrence earlry , ray
Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
'Stock' is a class, not an ability level.
THAT'S IT!

Such a simple way to state that, " Stock is a class, not an ability level"
should put an end to all the screaming about sponsored drivers and all.

Great way to sum it up Timmay.

Fred
Old 07-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray3619
there lies one of the problems , stock class , say they run 22 laps , then you have beginner or novice and they bash there way thru 15 laps , you start in novice , you stop crashing , as much , you do say 18 laps severeal weeks you bump up and your running with the best guys at your track , but its okey , all you gotta do is pull over 4 or 5 times and let the frieght train go by , i really dont care if i ever win its a hobby , its just for fun , but i dont have alot of fun when i feel like im in the way , i really liked the tennis refrence earlry , ray
There are other threads for this kind of discussion, this thread is meant to keep a light-hearted look at the hobby (and I'm often a very non-PC person). But to your point, we have a class for people that need to learn the ins and outs of driving and set-up. We also have a great group that will help each other at the drop of a hat. Not bragging here, we take the summer and ramp everyone up to a competitive level. It gets pretty intense at times, but everyone knows what is going on. The guys that really want to improve thier game feel just as welcome as those that are just getting their game.

If your shop has a don't look at my secret set-up and I'm gonna peel your a$$ the next chance I get, change it. Only you can make a difference. If your drivers are getting run over, make the race director do a re-sort. If your track has the same regulars, maybe it's time to pre-sort and seed the races based on past results or known ability. Only YOU can make the hobby what it should be at your track.

BTW, all pros who won in the last 5 years must race with only one shoe on, holding the transmitter in opposite hands.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
How funny would it be when it devolves into yet another LiPo advocacy thread...
Just waiting for the right moment....any time now...
Old 07-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Default stock is a class not ability

Last edited by billjacobs; 07-05-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuzo
Just waiting for the right moment....any time now...
Somehow I figured that......
Old 07-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Default lipo relevance

Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
You are right, but we are talking about getting more racers to keep the tracks open, not what is technically right. The problem with stock/pro stock/etc, is that you are still driving the novices into the ground, because at most tracks, there is not enough turnout to run seperate classes (which is the result of the problem,) therefore beginners run with seasoned racers and get lapped numerous times, get frustrated and quit.
Okay, so explain this to me. If the Novices show up, and there aren't enough people to fill their class, but everybody faster than the novices has moved up to 19 turn, there still aren't enough newbies to field a class. Now they have to move up to 19 turn, so now the newbies get lapped even more and stand a greater chance of breaking their cars? There aren't enough novices for a class, and that problem doesn't change based on what class the fast guys run.

Maybe we should just change the name of the classes to reflect skill level rather than HP. How about:

1. Suck (Novice)
2. Just a bit better than suck (stock)
3. Not as good as the really fast guys, but doesn't suck at all (19 turn)
4. Better than everybody else (Mod)

The nomenclature has nothing to do with it, and neither does sponsorship. The best driver with sub par equipment will always be laps ahead of new folks with Factory Team equipment. You don't get good overnight, and all the sponsorship in the world can't change that. If it's your hobby, treat it like a hobby. Lots of people play golf locally, but you rarely ever hear them whining that the club pro plays a better 18 then they do, because he's got better clubs, shoes and a nicer golfbag

The real crux of the problem is that people don't want to put forth any effort. In ANY competitive activity, you have to learn the game, and practice to hone your skills. Nobody goes out and wins their first tennis match unless they've gotten some experience and understanding of the game. That's how life works, people learn from experience.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Default racing classes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.