Wiki Posts
Search

News Flash Indoor tracks droppin' like flies

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A. Rhodes
- name one person that gets a paycheck for racing stock? you knew someone had to throw this in at some point, just figured it would be after nat's....
Peeler.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by beavis353
Peeler.
Negative.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You only get the check if you're on the podium.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Educating those who want to get in!

You guys are wondering why the sport is failing and tracks are closing, its because people don't educate when the meet new people or some one purchases something your selling.... I know because i wasted a lot of money, bought a lot of crap and took some losses to figure out where i needed to go.. RCTECH a savor in its on way... but we have to do more like cross marketing and promoting more major events. Create a winter series where racer earns points and at the end of the series the winner gets the money.... We can race indoor and outdoor and grab local sponsor sometimes $100 donation from stores can help boost the sport!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmark24
We were 45 min. away from racing today and a guy wanted to run his 1/8th scale around the track. They asked him to pay his $5 like everyone else and he got pissed about it. $5! Just shows the mentality of some of the people we deal with trying to run a race program. He can afford a $500 car but not $5 to race like everyone else. I've posted before about what a hobby shop makes and I guess it just doesn't soak in. We personally marked kits up about $25 over cost to allow the racers a chance to get started. Parts we usually give a racers discount which lowers the profit alot overall. Now I'm talking a small hobby shop. Lets say we sell 10 kits a week and make $25 on each one. And they need parts for these kits. 40% mark up. So maybe another $20 profit on parts. So this week we made $450. Take that employee's salary from that. Minimum wage of course and you wonder why he has an attitude. So take $260 from that $450. Hmmmm....that only leaves $190 for the week. Now we have to take expenses out of that. See where I'm going? And you guys want to buy online.
This is the truth. Not all the BS about batteries and motors being the issue. The issue is the racers.

Locally we try to run an onroad season every year. Our first entry is $15 and second is $5. We end up short on paying the bills every race. Yet if you talk about raising the second entry by $5 which would allow the club to pay the rent the cry babies come out in force.

Try supporting your LHS or club. Dont buy everything online just to save $5.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Let's get it right. It is the local hobby shop screwing the racers. I see the mark up at my local hobby shop $30-$40 per item higher than I can find it on line. There is no way possible the local hobby shop is paying that much from their source. We all understand everyone has expenses to pay. But this is a hobby. In other words something we don't need to do. So we will pay your race fees. We will buy from the local hobby store as long as we don't feel we are being robbed. If you treat people right they will buy from you. It is called customer service. If not they wont. Those who don't treat customer's the right way will go away.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hobby shop make profit on parts not kits.. Hobby shop actually do make descent profit it's just depends on your location and how you treat your customer. Most of the hobby shop will match the pricing online to keep the customer from buying staff online and they still do make profit. The way I see it better to sell more stuff without a huge mark up than turn your costumers away. I don't work in a hobby shop but my friend owns one and inknow how much is the dealer cost on each item I buy and they do make profit specially in my area where their is only one hobby shop with 300++ thousand population...

But for racers that just want to race for free will kill the track specially if they have over head inknow this from experience because I use the run an off-road track and I just got tired of all the whiners and I shut my track down..
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Unless they are getting there place rent FREE, employee work for nothing, insurance and workmans comp is free and the electric bill is free. The up keep of the building and track.I might have missed a few.The interent guys most of them don't have to stock what they sell in a nice store front building. What you might save is taken is postage and the time it takes to get to you.Have fun complaining when they shut there doors and you have no place to race- especially with the price of gas going up to travel further to race.