R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2002, 12:56 AM   #556
Tech Apprentice

Default Help with Keyence

I bought a used A-07R (Keyence) ESC for my Micro but am having problems programming it...actually, I am not sure what it all does. Does anyone have a manual or could someone give me the general run-down on how to set it all up?

Thanks!
[email protected]
_neas_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 12:23 PM   #557
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TSR- Nothing should be wrong it's just the high frequency operation more than likely.
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 12:33 PM   #558
Tech Fanatic

Sandor- I run 3-5-0 in my 12th mod car in the States. You may want to try that setup in a back to back comparison to see if it helps consistency. As far as the drag brakes I think it depends upon your car and the track. If you can't get your car dialed in well enough due to setup, tires, inserts, or traction from the track then a 1 or 2 setting on the drag brake may be advantageous. The problem is that you might quickly become "addicted" to it as a compensating measure and never really find out if your setup or actuall make of car should be improved or changed. In other words it can "hide" some deficiencies and in the process make you less efficient with your driving. Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:09 PM   #559
Tech Initiate

If i get a TC3 I will Probably get One of the following esc

1. Novak TC2
2. LRP IPC 7.1
3. LRP IPC SR

I will be racing on carpet, stock, but later I will move up to mod. The only thing is that my LHS owner says that Novaks are much more dependable and dont break as often. But I really want one of the IPC ones because they supply more amps. Can I use the 7.1 on a stock motor for now? Or will I have to use the SR? Are the LRP less dependable and more problem prone? Will the more amps help much? Please help me because I am kind of new to electric cars so I am totally lost. I really want the 7.1 but am going to run stock so is this possible???? (will the stock motor overheat or something).
cantbestopped44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:32 PM   #560
Tech Fanatic

Yeah there has been some discussion concerning the reliability of LRP's over the last two months or so on this forum/site. First off LRP's now come with Lifetime Warranties so that's should put people at rest. My advise is to get the LRP and try the Quantum Competition because it has a better setup for running both stock and mod than even the 7.1. Any speedo can go and I have seen and experienced many a Novak Cyclones blowing up or mysteriously losing power so that the car would be slow and dump. Yet I really think that Novak's are great esc's it's just that NO electronic device is immune to failure especially when you add in operator/operational differences and applications. Also when you start mass producing something the chance for getting out of tolerance increases as does the longer you use a particular mold or die. LRP's are great speedos and I believe that no matter what you buy you should have a like kind backup. I once thought that my Quantum was going out due to a loss of run time when it turned out to be chassis related and the Quantum is still fine. I haven't seen anyones go up but I have read about some going up.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:42 PM   #561
Tech Initiate

Well i really wanted the 7.1 mostly because it supplied a lot of amps. I want to go as smooth and fast as possible. And why does the quantem competition cost so much. It doesnt supply a lot of amps and the only thing that i can of is that the resistance is rather low. Will the Tc2 or quantem competition go as fast as the 7.1? and also could u use the 7.1 with stock motors?
Old 03-19-2002, 04:50 PM   #562
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How fast the car goes isn't really determined by the speedcontrol. A good esc can make your car throttle smoother and allow you to run lower turn motors, but no esc is going to just make you car faster with the same batteries and esc.

I think the 7.1 is great esc, but I don't see the point of buying any esc that doesn't have replaceable wires.

The Quantum Competition doesn't really cost anymore than any of the other high end speedcontrols. Around $139-$149 neighborhood.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:48 PM   #563
Tech Initiate

darkseid- You said that the competition sells for about 150 but I have only seen it for 170 and over. Where did you look or find it?
Old 03-20-2002, 03:36 PM   #564
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

cantbestopped44: go to www.ultimatehobbies.com ,they have the Quantum Competition for $149.99, but it says out of stock now, give them a call and see what they say. I don't know of anyone else that has them for that low at this time.
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 05:52 PM   #565
Tech Initiate

I was just wondering if you know of any other sites that sell products for low prices like that? But I think that I am going to get the Novak TC2.
Old 03-20-2002, 05:56 PM   #566
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It depends on what your looking for? Most major places have overall good competative prices but each individual place may have a really good deal compared to others on some select items!
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 06:02 PM   #567
Tech Initiate

Well what I am going to buy is a FT TC3 and a novak TC2 when I get the money. I am also THinking still about the charger. I think maybe the milllenium pro so I can program my esc but i am not sure how all of that works yet. So maybe just the duratrax digital intellipeak, the quaser charger, or the quaser pro. It really all depends on my budjet at the time.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:54 PM   #568
Tech Apprentice

Default charger

Just to let you know... $ for $ the Integy chargers are pretty darn good...I got several of them....best chargers I have had, including a Mill (not pro ver though). Just my opinion, but you might want to look into them. www.integy.com

-s
_neas_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 07:14 PM   #569
Tech Adept

Try these guys:http://www.hobbypeople.net/
Quantum backordered Novak TC2 in stock.
MDM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 08:25 PM   #570
Tech Initiate

On the Integidy site i liked the chargers. But I dont know a lot about chargers. I like the- INDI 16X3-Prov2.5 AC/DC VESC Charger 0.5-6.5A (NEW)
$ 129.95

or the
INDI 16X5BL DC Computerized Charger (NEW)
$ 184.99

Please tell me some pros and cons about these chargers. and dc is the standard thing out of the wall right (or is it ac cause i dont know)?