R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-19-2001, 11:34 PM   #481
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

imataquito: That seems like a good price the lowest that I know of is $179 and the price you stated is a few bucks cheaper! I bought one a year ago and paid BigTime for it, lol.
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 08:02 PM   #482
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to imataquito Send a message via Yahoo to imataquito

what features does the keyence have ?? is it as good as the GM ???

seen and tested the GM but not the Xtreme ... so need some help here
imataquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 12:02 AM   #483
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It has 3 default parameters, or setups similar to what novak has on their cyclones and it has 4 empty profiles that you can setup and make yourself, so all in all there are 7! You can set the Drive, Brake and Neutral Brake frequency's from 100 to 20,000 khz, minimum drive power or how quick the car moves at the start of the trigger pull, minimum brake, neutral width adjustment or how far you have to pull the trigger for throttle or brake before the action takes affect (adjustable independently for both throttle and brake), engine brake which applies brakes to the amount of recovery of the transmitter trigger, torque control, dash power limit which increases the torque setting for the first initial trigger pull, voltage level for time measurement-this function allows you to set a voltage drop limit which the speedo times from your first trigger pull and ends when it reaches the voltage limit which you set (allows you to see how gearing changes and track changes will affect your effective run time), percentage of drive, brake and neutral brake setting, battery voltage display, internal temp display-in fahrenheit or centigrade and I think that is pretty much everything. I had a problem with the neutral point being very large on mine to start with, I had to pull the trigger a noticeable amount before the car would move. I tried everything to eliminate the large trigger pull but the neutral setting wouldn't eliminate this. Come to find out it was the radio, the Keyence doesn't come with a parameter setting sheet for different model radios only for setting the speedo. So I set the radio up with settings from a Tekin speedo guide and walla, I could easily adjust the neutral point from the speedo then, I have it set very sensitive, so that the slightest pull on the trigger will have an affect! Works great, neat little speedo!

Last edited by WailinOnYa; 12-21-2001 at 12:10 AM.
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 10:24 AM   #484
Tech Adept

any quantum sport pro user here???any comments on it....please post away....will really appreciate it
thanks
wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 08:30 PM   #485
Tech Master

hm..... the gm has a TURBO function which sounded nice cause it will hold curent at 70A for 5 different duration selected by the user before going to 720A!!!! + u can replace wires + its used by masami

whats the peak Amp rating for keyence? can u replace the wires?
does the speedo get HOT?
Old 12-21-2001, 10:45 PM   #486
Tech Apprentice

Diesel31, Thanks for the advice. This controller is saweet!!. Setting it up is kind of a hassle, but after that it's smooth. The adjustabilty is great. The directions are not as clear cut, for me anyway, as some would have you to believe. But after literally studying them, I was able to get the adjustments where I needed them. I like especially like the brakes. With the right amount of adjustment, I'm now able to brake smoother and closer before turns.

Diesel, I'll be getting with on finding out set-up tricks when I play with it some more.

Imataquito, Get the Keyence, you won't be sorry. There's a DASH function on it that's the same as the Turbo function in the GM. And, after working with their other products, (switches, sensors, amplifiers), for 15 yrs, I can say their stuff is very, very reliable.

Last edited by Stika525; 12-21-2001 at 10:50 PM.
Stika525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 09:03 PM   #487
Tech Master

um ... does the esc get hot ?? is the wires replacable ?
Old 12-22-2001, 09:31 PM   #488
Tech Apprentice

The hottest I've seen it get is 91deg F. That was running stock on SMHs, until the pack dumped. Well over 5 min. You also don't need to get a Pit Wizard or any PC interface programs to adjust it. The wires are replacable. As far as the temp thing goes, ALL ESCs get hot. Some maybe more so than others but they all do. The real question should be how much can it stand. I've read or heard about almost all of the high end speedos burning up or malfunctioning at high loads except the Keyence. Not saying that it hasn't happened, just haven't heard. The GM is a good one, they're hard to get here, and I figure if they are hard to get, then they are to get serviced. So if you can get any speedo quickly and get it serviced just as fast, go with that one. Just weigh in all the factors before you decide. I chose it because of my experiences with their other products, and because all of my other choices were poof prone. Good luck.

Last edited by Stika525; 12-22-2001 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2001, 08:27 PM   #489
Tech Master

Default TOUGH CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

tough choice!!!!!!
keyence V zero xtreme or GMv12
someone help me ..... can i start a poll ?? if yes HOW ?
argh ... might dump these 2 and go for the v7.1 !!
whats the foword curent and peak foword curent for the keyence ??

GM's peak is 720A foword curent is 200A, not sure .......
hows keyence?

does keyence give glitch or the reciever etc etc ???
i can get the keyence instantly if i want but with the GM i gota wait for it to arrive
service... yea keyence is faster .....
but but i dont see any sponsored drivers using it ... so...
TOUGH CHOICE!!!!!!!
:/~ :/~ :/~
Old 12-23-2001, 11:26 PM   #490
Tech Apprentice

Sponsored drivers, hmm. Well that makes your decision a whole lot easier. Why not just find out what your favorite sponsored driver is running, and get that one. OR, you can do some leg work, get the specs on the ESCs that you're interested in, and chose the one that best suits your needs. I chose the Keyence because it had what I needed. The others did not. I don't have to buy a Pit Wizard, worlds kit, large capacitor, or a PC interface option. Now I'm not saying that those items are worthless, unnecessary, or anything like that. I saying that for the ESC that I chose to best suit MY needs, those items are not required.

So, in a nutshell, do your homework and get what you need, not what some sponsored driver has. I guarantee it would not make you as good or as fast as they are. I can't think of any better advice to give you. Again, good luck.

Go back thru this post and read what others have said about different speedos. That's what I did.
Old 12-24-2001, 03:21 AM   #491
Tech Elite

imataquito - they're all very good speedos - i think worrying about their peak amps is pointless, because they're all very high.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 03:55 AM   #492
Tech Rookie

Angry

hey guys wat can u say about mtroniks speedos???
coup pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 11:29 AM   #493
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F
Default Tekin Speed Star

I have a question and was wondering if someone, anyone can assist me.

I'm using a Tekin SpeedStar in my F-1 I normally run a Cyclone TC but I'm going with a speedstar on this kit. My Tc3 is hard wired and the TC come with only 3 post, neg to the battery, neg to the motor and pos to the battery (to the motor as well). The speed star comes with 4 wires, neg and pos for the battery and neg and pos for the motor. My question is this, can I not use the pos wire from the motor and just use the pos wire from the battery and tap off that to go to the motor. I just want to use 3 of the 4 wires and want to know will this ESC handle this configuration without any lost of power to the ESC.

Thanks in advance and take care

Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 11:42 AM   #494
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Tekin Speed Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike F
I have a question and was wondering if someone, anyone can assist me.

I'm using a Tekin SpeedStar in my F-1 I normally run a Cyclone TC but I'm going with a speedstar on this kit. My Tc3 is hard wired and the TC come with only 3 post, neg to the battery, neg to the motor and pos to the battery (to the motor as well). The speed star comes with 4 wires, neg and pos for the battery and neg and pos for the motor. My question is this, can I not use the pos wire from the motor and just use the pos wire from the battery and tap off that to go to the motor. I just want to use 3 of the 4 wires and want to know will this ESC handle this configuration without any lost of power to the ESC.

Thanks in advance and take care

not sure about tekin...but i once took apart an LRP speedo with 4 wires and saw the red wire (+ to motor and + to batt) are connected at the same "port" just that 2 wires are connected...i rewired the ESC and changed it to a 3 wire config! it works perfectly fine...nothing seems to go wrong...if you really want to change it to 3 wire config...take apart the ESC and see if the positive wires are connected at the same port!
disaster999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 11:43 AM   #495
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by coup pal
hey guys wat can u say about mtroniks speedos???
they are small and efficent!.....y?
disaster999 is online now   Reply With Quote