R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-29-2001, 01:23 PM   #436
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

RCCadet: Yeah, I've got a G10 in my Yokomo MR4-TC Special. I've had it since it first came out. My G12cIII is in my 1/12th car.

Both Tekin ESC's are pretty large by today's standards, although, they both work flawlessly. The LRP Quantum is a perfect size for my 1/12th car. BTW, I love the G10 also.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 04:56 PM   #437
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

im about to get a new esc and im looking at either the v6 or v7. is there a noticeable difference between the two? they look almost exactly the same on the outside, except for the decals. is the v7 far ahead in performance compared to the v6? or will the v6 suit me fine? ill just be running stock most of the time and a few mod runs once in a while. thanks for any info!
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 08:43 AM   #438
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

marvi: pick a speedo with replaceable wires. You thank yourself latter for it!
Old 12-02-2001, 05:22 PM   #439
Tech Regular

Default ESC help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.... my LRP F1 Digital Pro has self destructed today.... probable cause.... moisture....

now I am sick and tired of the UK misty weather and everytime I use my car is like treading on egg shell... I do have moisture precautions.... but unless this 3 week old ESC blows up while driving a P2K Pro died of a manufacturing fault, I want to buy one that can resist water....

What I am looking for is a ESC with reverse which can be disabled.... so when I am practicing I dont have to run to the car when I am stuck... but when racing I prefer to be forward only.... does that make sense???

I am currently running stock P2K Pro.... but I will be buying a D4 12x2 or LRP 12x2 motor.... so I prefer to have a no limit ESC.

All suggestions will be most welcome.... I dont really need price cos in UK is generally higher anyway, so I will pick the one I can afford......

Thanks!

My F1 Digital is 4 years old and it is still perfect....but it only handles down to 16T
sonneteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 05:42 PM   #440
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

just got a quantum competition. is it necessary to get the worlds kit? i think it includes a heatsink and 2 capacitors, a small one for stock and a bigger one for mod. ill mostly be running stock in my tc3.
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 02:37 AM   #441
Tech Master

Sonneteer,
Perhaps you wanna try an Mtronics speed control? They seem to be based in UK too..

http://www.mtroniks.net/reverse.htm

It's also waterproof, which is why I'm bringing it to your attention! U might also wanna consider some schulze ESCs, some of them are waterproof too!

Regards,
Alvin
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 02:01 PM   #442
Tech Initiate

but do the mtroniks have reverse disable? i didn't think so but i don't pay much attention to mtroniks anymore - too battery-hungry to race with effectively - so i'll be getting a V12 shortly to replace my pants sprint!
TCRboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 03:32 PM   #443
Tech Regular

TCRboy

Can you tell me who sells the V12 in UK (online or LHS)?
Thanks!
sonneteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 05:38 AM   #444
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TCRboy
but do the mtroniks have reverse disable? i didn't think so but i don't pay much attention to mtroniks anymore - too battery-hungry to race with effectively - so i'll be getting a V12 shortly to replace my pants sprint!
Can you tell us a bit more about the RZ series of speed controls? You seem pretty knowledgeable about them. 'cause they seem pretty good for the price.

Thanks!

~Alvin
Old 12-07-2001, 02:10 AM   #445
Tech Initiate

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by sonneteer
TCRboy

Can you tell me who sells the V12 in UK (online or LHS)?
Thanks!
I know apexmodels sells them - their website is www.apexmodels.com and you will be able to get contact info from there. hope this helps!
Old 12-07-2001, 02:15 AM   #446
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Alvin

Can you tell us a bit more about the RZ series of speed controls? You seem pretty knowledgeable about them. 'cause they seem pretty good for the price.

Thanks!

~Alvin
its a variable frequency speedo. the rzR has just been brought out and will set you back a hefty 150. i think it's quite good because they won an off road euro champs recently - but mrtroniks don't have a good reputation when it comes to efficiency.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:57 AM   #447
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TCRboy

its a variable frequency speedo. the rzR has just been brought out and will set you back a hefty 150. i think it's quite good because they won an off road euro champs recently - but mrtroniks don't have a good reputation when it comes to efficiency.
Yes, the variable frequency is very interesting. Supposedly it's meant to have low freq while accelerating and high freq when in the higher revs.

The question I have is that the frequency range seems rather high, in my newbie opinion. 3.75Khz to 6Khz. Good? Bad? At a glance this newbie says it's geared more for mod motors. But 6khz?!

Efficiency - can you tell me more about why it's not efficient? I mean, saying it's not efficient - does it suck batteries? Or?

Also, this ESC is VERY affordable in Singapore. S$210 each

~Alvin
Old 12-10-2001, 02:55 AM   #448
Tech Initiate

well i've got a sprint interactive (MTRoniks). This sucks the batteries like nothing else, I don't know if the same applies to the models higher up the range. it was so bad on this front that i've now ordered a GMV12
Old 12-10-2001, 03:01 AM   #449
Tech Master

So basically what happens is, compared to your old esc, the mtroniks gives you lower run time, is that correct? Were you using the same motor comparing the 2 ESCs?
Old 12-10-2001, 05:21 AM   #450
Tech Initiate

i haven't actually taken delivery of the GM yet, but on paper it should give longer run times. is hould get it on wednesday and hopefully will test it on thursday, so i'll give you more info then.