R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-18-2001, 03:33 AM   #136
Regional Moderator

yep i think im going to get a V7.1
1. cause its cheap....and competitive
2. cause i want to support lrp in malta (the lrp guy in malta has helped me alot!)
any info i need to know about this ESC?.....do i need to run a CAP will it help???
who of you guys runs this esc.....which is the best set-up for mod TC?
thanks

Last edited by mr4-malta; 09-18-2001 at 05:34 AM.
mr4-malta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 09:57 AM   #137
Tech Rookie

MARVI It does makes a lot of difference. Like the quantum competition that i've been using. So far no problems with it and i've come across with the tc2 and it didnt match up with the quantum. I guess he is really LOST with the half billion set up for the tc2. Well, at least thats what he is saying cause he is trying to copy the drive freq. of the quantum.
REEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:06 PM   #138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

REEDY: this is what will happen to you when we race tomorrow
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 03:49 AM   #139
Tech Master

Default What's this speed control about? Is it legal?

Noticed this recently: (Ok so it's probably old news to the pros).

Quote:
The GMASP speed control is a completely new design from the ground up. The new features include the integrated steering and throttle system, which allows you to use the transmitter to pre-select the turn radius according to your car's adhesion on the track surface, rather than just the deflection of the steering wheels. The GMASP then adjusts the throttle and steering in such a way that the turn radius you have selected is maintained as accurately as possible. All you have to do is use the transmitter to inform the speed control of the speed you wish to use through the turn. To a large extent this new feature avoids the problem of oversteer and understeer. If the car is badly set-up, is fitted with poor tyres, or you are running on a slippery or uneven track, this function alone can certainly improve your lap times by 5 - 10%. Naturally this offers advantages to the competition driver, but it also makes the GMASP speed control an excellent choice for beginners and weekend drivers. The GMASP functions for throttle/brake and steering can be activated and disabled.
http://www.gm-racing.com -> Products -> ESC SPeedos -> ASP

Do the newer esc have such stuff? Sounds too good
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 01:02 PM   #140
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Alvin: From what I have heard about that GM ASP speedo is that it is not legal for sanctioned events! According to the rules it's ability to alter drive when the wheels are slippping and altering the steering makes it illegal. At least this is what I have been lead to believe, and told.
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 02:16 PM   #141
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

WailinOnYa is right. The xtra features on that particular unit make it very illegal. But, unless you plan on racing at a sanctioned event then don't worry about it.
Old 09-24-2001, 08:41 PM   #142
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hi guys, I have been using a Tekin P12 for years, never had a single problem with it, but unfortunately few weeks ago when I turned the switch ON it remained "full throttle" all the time. What do you think would be the cause of the said problem? Thanks
oro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 11:31 PM   #143
Tech Regular

oro2: Have you tried resetting it, or if possible using it with another receiver and radio to see if it does the same thing, just to make sure it isn't a TX or RX problem. I have had similar problems happen with speedos and usually resetting it does the job. Not really sure what ever causes it!
Old 09-25-2001, 03:54 AM   #144
Tech Addict

Thanks for posting a reply WailinOnYa, yes I tried reseting it and using some of my other radio gear just to make shure it wsnt the radio gear that causes the problem. Some of my frends told me that the mosfets maybe shorted or open (busted). Do you know anything about my old Novak 410MXc??? Thanks again....
Old 09-25-2001, 01:11 PM   #145
Tech Regular

oro27: There is a place called Express Tech in California that can repair Tekin speedos due to the lack of help from Tekin itself. The phone # is (949)-388-9042 or try contacting them at [email protected] or [email protected] . As far as your old Novak 410MXC, I remember them, but never owned one, they also had an 410M1c if I remember correctly. As far as repairs goes on that, I would say that most likely it will not be repairable due to how old it is, but you could post on the Novak site just to make sure.
Old 09-26-2001, 03:42 AM   #146
Tech Addict

thanks again. I have another question, do we really need to install an external S.diode on the motor? Can this help my faded brake back to life. Well Im using now my old ESC Novak MXc, peak stock motor, and a 2pcka radio. (It will be for rally use) What is the value of the S.diode will I use? thanks again.
Old 09-28-2001, 11:54 PM   #147
Tech Regular

oro27: If your using the old MXC then it's not required to use the diode on the motor. Only the newer, as in cyclones, tempests, etc. require the diodes. I am not positive if it would help the brakes on the MXC or not, being that it wasn't designed to be used in conjunction with one, but I wouldn't think it could hurt it any either, you could try it and see! The Tekins have never required the external diodes either, they have one built into the speedo. I have also heard of Factory drivers using 2 diodes at a time on their motors, which is supposed to limit the brake fade even more. I don't know the values of the diodes, sorry, You can probably find the values on the Novak site though!
Old 09-29-2001, 08:56 PM   #148
Tech Apprentice

are shottkeys really necessary? what advantages can i get from using them?
Garapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 12:25 AM   #149
Tech Regular

Garapata: They are only required on speedos that say that they are required. All of Novaks high end speedos require them, I am not sure about their sport models, and I know the reverse ones don't require them because of the reverse polarity due to the reverse. They are supposed to keep the brakes from fading, as the speedos temp increases (higher heat = more resistance) the brakes strength has a tendency to lessen, the diodes help keep this to a minimum. Keeps the braking power consistent through the entire run! As a side note, I have run cyclones without the diode a few times and have had no problems or ill effects! I would in no way encourage this though just to avoid any possible problems or hassles! I think it may just be a sales issue, in that by telling people they are required, that people in general will keep buying them, most likely from Novak themselves, in return giving them more profit, they aren't all that cheap! This of course is only my opinion and is in no way supported by any true facts! I am not saying they don't work, but more or less that they may not really be required to keep damage from happening to the speedo like Novak states in their instructions!
Old 09-30-2001, 12:49 AM   #150
Tech Master

Default CS electronics Rocket 2000/Max

Hi,
Are either of these ESC allowed in racing?

CS Eletronic Rocket Max http://www.cs-electronic.com/rockmax/rockmax.htm
CS Eletronic Rocket 2000 http://www.cs-electronic.com/r2t.htm

Thanks.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote