R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #16
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I think that droop should be set after tweak. Setting tweak changes the ride height and will change how much droop the car has on the side(s) of the car that was re-adjusted...
__________________
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #17
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Rhodes View Post
When using a tweak station, you are checking the end of the car on the non-pivoting part of the station. So if you have the front wheels on the pivot, and the rear wheels on the stationary, and the bubble is out of level, the rear of the car is tweaked. And vice versa for the front.
The tweak station is only showing how the car is cross balanced. If the bubble is down on the left with the front on the balance, it will be off to the left with the rear on the balance... Try it.

Shane's article has you tweak the front suspension to the rear chassis, then the rear suspension to the front. I skip that step by just throwing all four wheels on the station and tweaking them all at once. Bad, maybe, but it gets me on the track pretty quickly, and I got this habbit from guys that place in the A-main at large events... Even in Shane's article he shows that swapping ends on the station is useless.
__________________
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic
 
SlamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofcash View Post
Here's a link to XRC Magazines how to section that describes how to adjust tweak. http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=2&page=3
That was a good read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Rhodes View Post
When using a tweak station, you are checking the end of the car on the non-pivoting part of the station. So if you have the front wheels on the pivot, and the rear wheels on the stationary, and the bubble is out of level, the rear of the car is tweaked. And vice versa for the front.
I just don't see how that works. With all 4 wheels touching the tweak station they're all effecting the bubble level on the front. The front or rear shock collars can be adjusted to bring the bubble back to level.

The only way to eliminate the tweak on one end from another would be to use a droop block like in the XRC article above.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,121
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
I just don't see how that works. With all 4 wheels touching the tweak station they're all effecting the bubble level on the front. The front or rear shock collars can be adjusted to bring the bubble back to level.
Because when you have two wheels on the stationary part, and two wheels on the level, the excess load from the wheels on the stationary part, will show on the level side of the station as out of tweak.

Example - front wheels on level, rear on stationary. Level goes high to the left wheel, excess load on the front left wheel is resulting from excess load from right rear. You would decrease spring preload on right rear shock, and increase spring preload on left rear shock.
__________________
Retired from RC....
Quantum - St. Croix - Bass Pro Shops - XPS - Rapala
A. Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic
 
SlamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Rhodes View Post
Because when you have two wheels on the stationary part, and two wheels on the level, the excess load from the wheels on the stationary part, will show on the level side of the station as out of tweak.

Example - front wheels on level, rear on stationary. Level goes high to the left wheel, excess load on the front left wheel is resulting from excess load from right rear. You would decrease spring preload on right rear shock, and increase spring preload on left rear shock.
If you spin the car in the example above 180 degrees and place the rear wheels on the level the bubble would still read the same. Does that mean it's the front now that's tweaked?

In the example if the front shocks were adjusted by decreasing the front left preload and increasing the front right preload it would also bring the bubble back to level.

This isn't to say that adjusting the preload on only one end doesn't work though.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:52 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,121
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
If you spin the car in the example above 180 degrees and place the rear wheels on the level the bubble would still read the same. Does that mean it's the front now that's tweaked?

In the example if the front shocks were adjusted by decreasing the front left preload and increasing the front right preload it would also bring the bubble back to level.

This isn't to say that adjusting the preload on only one end doesn't work though.
I was just referring to the Hudy set up guide in my post. Everyone has there own method for adjusting tweak. Just remeber, if you need to adjust more than a little pre-load to get the car tweaked, there is usually something else wrong with the set up / chassis and should be addressed.
__________________
Retired from RC....
Quantum - St. Croix - Bass Pro Shops - XPS - Rapala
A. Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
w.t.b. tweak station fro 12th and 10th scale zx9crazy R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-24-2008 06:21 AM
Hudy 1/10th fixture,board, and tweak station SOuthernFRIED R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-24-2006 04:41 PM
WTB MIP Tweak Station and 1/10th TC Setup Station Charles Leto R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 03-23-2006 12:05 PM
MIP Tweak station for 1/10th touring cars FL_Racer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-05-2006 05:13 PM
WTB: Tweak station and Setup board for 1/10th sedan cpatel529 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-07-2004 01:08 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net