Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #31
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
How will that work ?

No one is buying the Trinity imported brushless.....
There are no less than a dozen BL companies out there that will OEM motors to YOUR specs in any wind, setup, color, etc. Its just a matter of getting with the right one that offers a good reliable product and will work with you and not just sell you some of their cheap knock off stuff. Thats what is going to separate the companies. Who knows what they are doing and what to change in production and who doesnt.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #32
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Hard to make money, since ROAR has established the maximum BL motor retail price at 129.00
Obviously its not to hard to make money on them since Novak has come out with quite a few new motors to meet the demand. And I am sure that Bob is not doing this out of the kindness of his heart!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #33

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
There are no less than a dozen BL companies out there that will OEM motors to YOUR specs in any wind, setup, color, etc. Its just a matter of getting with the right one that offers a good reliable product and will work with you and not just sell you some of their cheap knock off stuff. Thats what is going to separate the companies. Who knows what they are doing and what to change in production and who doesnt.
Yep.

Motor tuning is not dying with brushless. Just evolving. You'll see custom cases for your rotors. Special tools for testing and tweaking rotors. You will see guys selling blueprinted BL motors, we'll be buying them up by the thousands and cherry picking the best rotors and cans. It's not going to make life any easier or cheaper for the racer in the long run, it's just going to be different technology. Firmware patches for your BL ESC for just $49.95 that promise increase in low end punch and top end RPM are just around the corner. Not to mention that USB (or Firewire) to ESC adapter you're going to have to buy to upload the new firmware to your ESC. Some guys will say there is no "magic code" to change that will make the ESC "more powerful." But do you really think the guys coding the software RIGHT NOW are coming out with a solid version 1.0? There is always someone who can write code better than the last kid, and someone will find a way to make a ESC perform better, or different, and it will make you want to spend money.

It's going to be fun, and profitable. Then we'll see the forum filled with people whining that you have to be a uber geek to race now days.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #34
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Obviously its not to hard to make money on them since Novak has come out with quite a few new motors to meet the demand. And I am sure that Bob is not doing this out of the kindness of his heart!!

EA
I dunno. Sometimes I think he is.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:58 PM   #35
Tech Master

I would say li-pos will be legal in some classes next year in ROAR after the Demo Class ran at the Electric Off-Road Nats in Albuquerque, NM. ROAR VP Dawn Sanchez posted this on Trinity Tech Talk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
well, its a week after the event and I have finally caught up....

the lipo demonstration went very well. Although, I was quite perplexed why other BL companies didn't show up to run and show ROAR their motors and give us some instruction on their manufacturing.. but I guess it simply says...

nobody cares. The motors on the list seem to be sufficient. The rules seem to please everybody and there is no need for change.

As for the Lipo inclusion, things are looking good. This was definately a great showcase on the durability of the batteries at an off road event and I'm happy to state that I will present my findings at the next ROAR meeting regarding rules.

Thank you to everyone who came to the nationals and especially those who traveled distances especially for this demonstration. Its good to see the membership speak up for what they want and I can assure you, ROAR is listening.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR VP
I think ROAR was shown at this event the dangers of li-pos were blown way out of preportion with internet gossip!!!!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolas View Post
Yep.

Motor tuning is not dying with brushless. Just evolving. You'll see custom cases for your rotors. Special tools for testing and tweaking rotors. You will see guys selling blueprinted BL motors, we'll be buying them up by the thousands and cherry picking the best rotors and cans. It's not going to make life any easier or cheaper for the racer in the long run, it's just going to be different technology. Firmware patches for your BL ESC for just $49.95 that promise increase in low end punch and top end RPM are just around the corner. Not to mention that USB (or Firewire) to ESC adapter you're going to have to buy to upload the new firmware to your ESC. Some guys will say there is no "magic code" to change that will make the ESC "more powerful." But do you really think the guys coding the software RIGHT NOW are coming out with a solid version 1.0? There is always someone who can write code better than the last kid, and someone will find a way to make a ESC perform better, or different, and it will make you want to spend money.

It's going to be fun, and profitable. Then we'll see the forum filled with people whining that you have to be a uber geek to race now days.
keep telling yourself that, just curious if people like you and others want that extra speed why won't you just run modified
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #37

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
keep telling yourself that, just curious if people like you and others want that extra speed why won't you just run modified
I am just going with the feedback I am getting from our customers. You don't think it will happen? In a community where a guy will drop $150 for a pit board you don't think any of what I said is true?

The BL 'revolution' is modified. Brushed modified is in more danger than any other class. What I am talking about is modified. Brushed stock and 19t will hang on way longer than brushed modified..
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to BigDaddyT

Quote:
Hard to make money, since ROAR has established the maximum BL motor retail price at 129.00
There's more than enough room there to keep us happy and occupied. ROAR isn't the be all and end all either (also a different thread).

Many of the popular systems right now don't meet ROAR requirements anyhow. People are still having a heck of a lot of fun with them in their local club races.

In many ways - Novak is accelerating how fast tuners and OEM's are coming to the table. By creating "Brushed Equivalent" motors that are way more powerful than their "Brushed Equivalents" we're all scrambling to come to the table with alternatives. I think you guys really seriously need to consider an OEM strategy because it's coming whether we like it or not. We can all work together on this.
BigDaddyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #39
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

i think the brushless motors are plenty powerful right off the shelf
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

[email protected]' co-sign
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #41
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Amen.
Throw in the next turn faster and be done.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
I second that...
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #43
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
I second that...
ygpm
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
...Finally is there an industry standard for brushless motors such as rules by roar,brca,jmrca and ifmar because some electric racing recuire brushed and brushless motors to run in seprate classes?...
and nobody has yet addressed this point.
it's not relevant for mod, so i'm talking in the context of stock or 19T.
wyl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:56 AM   #45
Tech Master

Quote:
Ummm, Bob came up with that maximum price, LOL.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote