R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-25-2007, 03:07 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Good value setup station

Whats a good value 1:10th touring car setup station? Alot of people say Hudy are the best.. i'm sure they are right. I would like to know of the less expensive brands what are people using and finding good.

Cheers,

Ben.
Phroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:23 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

If youre not looking to spend a ton Hudy does sell 4 stands with the clear toe-in gauge by themselves. It's a lot smaller than the "briefcase" model (comes in a roughly 3x3x18 " box ) and still has what you'll need. I had the briefcase model and never used the tweak station. And the rest of the small bits in the case fit in a pretty small space and can be bought seperately. Just my perspective. I had the 1st gen integy station and found it unreliable for me.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:26 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rampal

I have the Team Magic one.... it is OK, I think pretty similar in quality to the HUDY one....

this: http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...6056&pageNum=1
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
If youre not looking to spend a ton Hudy does sell 4 stands with the clear toe-in gauge by themselves. It's a lot smaller than the "briefcase" model (comes in a roughly 3x3x18 " box ) and still has what you'll need. I had the briefcase model and never used the tweak station. And the rest of the small bits in the case fit in a pretty small space and can be bought seperately. Just my perspective. I had the 1st gen integy station and found it unreliable for me.
i am also using the clear ones.. does the same thing but cheaper..
|JayFlores|2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

why hos nobody mentioned the integy one. it's complete, and you can get them used in the $45 range or new in the $60 range on "that auction site"...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:46 AM   #6
Tech Elite

I'll stick my oar in as I always do in these kind of threads.

"Setup stations" are a waste of time. When do you ever race your car with 5mm acrylic squares instead of tyres?

Best setup system is a flat board (Hudy sell their own boards seperately, I got the 1/10th version for £12.99 UK), a camber gauge (RPM is reliable and easy to use) and a ride height gauge (I use a 3racing one, you can also use it to measure droop if you place the chassis flat on the board without tyres).

Put the wheels you will be using on the car (assuming they are not distorted), set your ride height first, then your droop, tweak, cambers etc, recheck and you are good to go. Total expense under £30 UK. And probably a better setup car than any setup station would give you.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:59 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I recently heard of this brand of setup station:
http://www.rc-setup.com/

Personally, I use a ride height gage, 1deg and 2deg paper triangles that I printed from AutoCAD, and a digital inclinometer for front toe.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 AM   #8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
"Setup stations" are a waste of time. When do you ever race your car with 5mm acrylic squares instead of tyres?
What? Yes, there are alternatives to setup stations that will get you close, but nothing is more accurate than a quality setup station. You can get the basic Hudy setup station for around $120 wich is the same price as the Team Magic or the high end Integy https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=HUD109305 You really don't need the All IN One Setup Station, odds are you probably already have a setup board and ride height gauge. Also MIP maks a good tweak board (station) for around $30 that will work with 1/10th and 1/12th
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I use the Integy all in one setup. And myself, I think its just as good as the Hudy
chris72983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I've swtiched over to the Speedmind setup station. It's very nice. Speedtech sells them.

I used to have the purple integy one, but the etchings are horrible and the lack of bearings made it a little too inaccurate for me.
ittjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:40 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
I disagree. In my opinion, measuring camber against the side of tires is less accurate than a setup gauge. If the face of the wheel is slightly warped or has a bit of CA glue you don't notice the accuracy of the measurements is out the window. This isn't to say it can't work or fast guys don't use it. Ultimately it's up to the end user to choose what works for them.

I do agree with andrewdoherty and Big B. I picked up the Hudy all in one and I don't use most of it. If I had to do it over I would get just the Hudy setup gauges, the Integy setup board with tweak gauge, Hudy balancing tools, and a ride height gauge.

All you need is this...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRJH8&P=7

This...
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=HUD109305

These...
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=HUD107880

And a decent ride height gauge.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittjv View Post
I've swtiched over to the Speedmind setup station. It's very nice. Speedtech sells them.

I used to have the purple integy one, but the etchings are horrible and the lack of bearings made it a little too inaccurate for me.
It must have been a while since you had the Integy system, I got my pro system from them about 2-3 months ago and It has bearings and the etching is very clear
chris72983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the integy one has bearings, but it has too much slop imo. other than the hudy, the team magic one is a good value

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #14
Tech Adept

ive heard integy or even a hudy setup station are inaccurate and is a waste of money, dont know why they say so.have anyone encountered this?
civiceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #15
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiceg View Post
ive heard integy or even a hudy setup station are inaccurate and is a waste of money, dont know why they say so.have anyone encountered this?
, IMO Hudy has the best tools, dosent matter if its hex drivers or setup stations, their fit, finish, and quality of materials is second to none. Whoever told you that they are a wast of money was somking something, the $60 Integy one is ok for the price
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote