R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Need help! Mamba max software problem (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/169378-need-help-mamba-max-software-problem.html)

MrUnlimited 06-22-2007 10:48 AM

Need help! Mamba max software problem

Hi,

My pc recognize the Mamba max but when I connect and try to install the drivers for my laptop it stops because it has not a digital signature by Microsoft and only software with that signature can be installed. I have always used the PHX-link witout any problem for my mamba 25 in my M18. I have installed the latest software from CC and also microsofts dotnet frameworks but I still cannot use the CC software to setup the esc. Hope someone can help me.

MrUnlimited 06-22-2007 08:11 PM

C'mon guys, somebody has a solution?:sneaky:

Super_Roo 06-22-2007 10:05 PM

What OS you running? There is known issues with Vista. Also dont use framework 3.0, the software was designed for 1.1 (or 2.0 maybe).

There is a fix for Vista users on the CC web site or check out the CC thread here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...136426&page=32

MrUnlimited 06-23-2007 03:39 AM

I'm running Windows XP SP2 with all updates so no Vista. The problem is that windows says the PHX-link driver is not recognized since it has no Windows logo on it. So I need another driver to make the PHX link compatible with my esc and OS. I am using als framework 1.1

Super_Roo 06-23-2007 10:54 AM

I vaguely remember reading on one of the CC threads that you need to be signed on as the administrator, I dont no if this is the case for XP SP2 though.

Sorry I cant offer much more help but I'm sure if you point your questions towards the CC thread I previously posted you will find someone there that can help you.

Good Luck

hobbipro 06-23-2007 12:44 PM

I'm a vista user, and had to read there FAQ to find out what to do. First I downloaded the newest version, to do this you have to install it by "save", into documents or whatever file thats easy to find it, whatever you do dont hit the "run" tab. After you've done that, open documents and proceed to open it, mine said its not Microsoft approved, but you can install it anyway. After it installs it will place a new CC icon on the screen. If you try to open it with the left mouse key, it will say there's an error, But if you right click on the icon a list comes up and you simply click on "open as administrator" then it will open it and work perfectly.

GRC_Rider 07-04-2008 02:02 AM

Mamba max software issue

I am also having trouble installing the software. I am running windows XP. I just bought my mamba max 4600kv last week. I am pretty new with brushless motor too. Any help will be appreciated.

Yeti35 07-04-2008 07:44 AM

You just click through the signature box and allow it to install. It is only telling you that Microsoft was not sent the driver for approval. It will work fine, just install it. I had the samething with the Losi software.

Mooshu Beef 07-04-2008 08:15 AM

I also had problems of the computer not recognizing it initially, but then I read the instructions on the site. I forgot to download the drivers automatically. When the computer detects the "new device" click on the bubble. EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU'VE ALREADY INSTALLED EVERYTHING YOU NEED you need to do this step.

It will ask where you will download drivers from, and you have to say to download "automatically." If you have the Castle Creations Link installed in your computer, it will find the drivers for the mamba max.

If none of this works, contact Castle Creations. They have guys on the other end of the line that know what they're talking about. However, we should be able to help you out here (especially seeing that it is a holiday in the United States (4th of July)).

GRC_Rider 07-04-2008 09:43 AM

Thanks for the help! I will try to reinstall the software and see what happens.

UltegraSTI 07-05-2008 06:38 AM

i wish CC would just put this stuff on mac's. that way it would work. its not on them, its on microshite

R

RURC 07-05-2008 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by ultegrasti (Post 4605405)
i wish CC would just put this stuff on mac's. that way it would work. its not on them, its on microshite

R

I agree. I hate having to change my Mac OSX to Windows to run my software. Hell even making it work on Linux would be a improvement.

PapaJay 08-22-2008 04:07 PM

I have similar problem on my laptop too, solved by now.
this is caused by installed security application on windows, in my case my laptop was halt during the USB installation, is this happened to you?

try restart your laptop and go to safe mode by pressing F8 during boot up.
then you can install the USB driver by plug in the mamba max to the USB port, then restart the laptop when it finished.

hope this can help...

-jimmy

tdeal823 08-27-2008 07:07 PM

OK I finally got my Castle Creations Mamba Max castle link driver working!!!!

This last post made it all click.
I shut off all my firewalls,virus scans, and turned off the internet..

Bingo it installed perfectally
Thanks
Tony