R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #76
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
On asphalt I ran around a 5.85FDR on mine when the Novak guys were running a 5.0. That was with the bonded rotor that comes with it. With the Sintered rotor 1 tooth bigger and it runs cooler...no performance changes noticed though.

EA
I sent you a PM EA....


The LRP sounds good in my future Just have to see what you say on gearing from the novaks, If I cant gear it where I wanted, then probably wont buy one and do the novak...

BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:34 PM   #77
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I sent you a PM EA....


The LRP sounds good in my future Just have to see what you say on gearing from the novaks, If I cant gear it where I wanted, then probably wont buy one and do the novak...

I dont have any idea how to gear a novak as I have never ran one...just the LRP and know what they guys were running on them at the last track I ran at.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #78
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
I dont have any idea how to gear a novak as I have never ran one...just the LRP and know what they guys were running on them at the last track I ran at.

EA
I thought you said I have ran all the motors somewhere here?


Hmmm, Well 4.9-5.0 is my track here for the novak, so what would you guess? You run 5.85 FDR, So Where should I start? would 5.80 be equal to novaks? Im really confused as what to do.... I ordered a sintered rotor, LRP X-11 Vector, and LRP TC sphere

My wallet hurts

Last edited by BlackedOutREVO; 08-09-2007 at 11:56 PM.
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #79
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I thought you said I have ran all the motors somewhere here?


Hmmm, Well 4.9-5.0 is my track here, so what would you guess? You run 5.85 FDR, So Where should I start? I ordered a sintered rotor, LRP X-11 Vector, and LRP TC sphere

My wallet hurts
AE: 5.85 for a 13.5
I'm running 5.0fdr with a 10.5orion.

BOR... you mean your dad's wallet hurts? and you have to do extra chores...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
AE: 5.85 for a 13.5
I'm running 5.0fdr with a 10.5orion.

BOR... you mean your dad's wallet hurts? and you have to do extra chores...


Yeah, I know.... I hope I dont gear it around that at then its geared WAY off

And sorta, Its my B-day money So pretty much it was my money
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #81
ROV
Tech Fanatic
 
ROV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

So i just got new novak 13.5 ssand with all my spur's and pinon can only gat a FDR of 6.5...am cyclone 78 spur 29 pinon 48 pitch,,car 2.4375
Question is this too much 4 the motor as i have not run it yet.....and is the ss sinterd rotor??
any suggestions welcome
edit woops wrong thread sorry..
__________________
TELL THEM ROV'S HERE AND HE'S RUNNIN WHEELS THAT ARE READY TO RACE !!!
CEO TRASH TALK TOURING HOME OF WA'S CHEAP TRASH PISSTAKES
AM PSYCLONE,HOTBODIES D4,NOVAK,LRP,HACKER,MEGA,EFLIGHT.JR,KOPRO,HITECH, SPEKTRUM,TRAKPOWER,OS,CDC,SWASHDRIVE JET,ZENOHA,WEMOTECH DUCTED,LIPO4GO,LOSI,KOKOM,CDC,5IVE,8IGHT,XXCR,LST,CASTLE

Last edited by ROV; 08-10-2007 at 12:16 AM.
ROV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #82
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

I sent LRP a email on gearing.....


But anyone have any starting points? After spending over 300 bucks, I dont want to blow a ton more on pinions, I know if I didnt want to buy lots of pinions and spurs I should of did the novak, But any starting point should be better then nothing

EA says 5.85 so I think around there? Why do the LRP's want less gear? How hot was it running at the FDR EA?
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #83
Tech Elite
 
Leodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,058
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I sent LRP a email on gearing.....


But anyone have any starting points? After spending over 300 bucks, I dont want to blow a ton more on pinions, I know if I didnt want to buy lots of pinions and spurs I should of did the novak, But any starting point should be better then nothing

EA says 5.85 so I think around there? Why do the LRP's want less gear? How hot was it running at the FDR EA?
According to the user guide that comes with the motor, LRP advises 5.5 for a big tc track and 7.0 for a small tc track and that's with the bonded rotor.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #84
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
According to the user guide that comes with the motor, LRP advises 5.5 for a big tc track and 7.0 for a small tc track and that's with the bonded rotor.
Dangit! Forgot to say 13.5 again lol

But hmmm, for a 5.5? Then wow IDK where to even start gearing the LRP
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #85
Tech Elite
 
Leodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,058
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Dangit! Forgot to say 13.5 again lol

But hmmm, for a 5.5? Then wow IDK where to even start gearing the LRP
No, that's the FDR for the 13.5 on a small track (7.0) and for a big track
(5.5). Since you have the sintered rotor, you'll be able to gear up a gear or two from those recommended FDR's.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #86
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
No, that's the FDR for the 13.5 on a small track (7.0) and for a big track
(5.5). Since you have the sintered rotor, you'll be able to gear up a gear or two from those recommended FDR's.
Well with Novaks at 4.85-5.0
Monster stock at 6.59
CO27 at 6.25


Cant you tell how the track is? I know drivers preferance, and gas brake, Punch etc.... So what do you think? Too bad I cant run a pinion and take it back if I dont like it lol..
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #87
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Martinez View Post

Brandon,

Well it really depends on the track. If you go by our gearing chart i would gear it near a 6.0 for a small track and about a 5.0 for a larger track. try it and let me know how the motor worked out for you please.

Bill Martinez
Customer Support Specialist
Associated Electrics, Inc.
E-Mail: [email protected]
P: 949.544.7500 x2115
F: 949.544.7501
That is what Bill from LRP told me, Took like 2 hours for him to reply, too slow I thought it would be atleast a day.. So I think my track falls under Med size, But I will start at just under 6.0 and go down
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:13 PM   #88
Tech Fanatic
 
Nexus Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
AE: 5.85 for a 13.5
I'm running 5.0fdr with a 10.5orion.
The orion BL motors need lots of gear. I've seen someone go all the way down to a 4.3 on the Vortex 10.5 before it started losing performance!
It's my guess that this is why it is taking Orion a little while to release their 13.5 - they might need to redesign the motor so it will use somewhat conventional gears. Can you imagine a 13.5 that requires a 3.1 FDR to run right ?
__________________
NEXUSRACING.com
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #89
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Tower updated their status on the Orion 13.5 from "Order Pending" to 'Late Aug." So, maybe it's finally coming.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #90
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing View Post
The orion BL motors need lots of gear. I've seen someone go all the way down to a 4.3 on the Vortex 10.5 before it started losing performance!
It's my guess that this is why it is taking Orion a little while to release their 13.5 - they might need to redesign the motor so it will use somewhat conventional gears. Can you imagine a 13.5 that requires a 3.1 FDR to run right ?
Gosh, 3.1 lol... Yeah that would be some gearing.. LOL

Thats wierd, Orion needs gear.. LRP doesn want much gear, And the novak is in-between, Yet they all run the same lol, Well LRP and novak from what I have heard
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net