R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What makes a radio fast? is it the processor? or the module and receiver? For example, you can have KO EX-10Helio radio, but with Spektrum it seems it can transmit at faster rates...so how does it do it? Is it the Spektrum module and receiver that helps it transmit that much faster then before? And if so, then its the module and receiver that speed things up, which means, any one of today's radios like KO, M11, 3PKS, etc, can all have those insane speeds with Spektrum modules...the advantage then comes in to the one using the faster more reliable module/receiver system and if they can get even faster if they are HRS compatible (Futaba) and high speed and advanced high speed modes(KO/JR Z-1)!
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
You will notice the difference at the end of a 5 min race! When you can push your car hot into corners for a bit longer and brake a bit later, you'll a little advantage per lap, which at the end adds up to winning by .5 to 1 second, due to your radio/receiver speed alone!
This is the funniest thing i've read all week
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
What makes a radio fast? is it the processor? or the module and receiver? (KO/JR Z-1)!
It's the processor and the module/rx. The processor has to be able to process the information quickly to send it to the module, the module then has to transmit the signal, and the receiver has to process what it receives. It's a very integrated process. Any difference you feel between the Spektrum and KO module receiver combos is more than likely a perceived difference. I've heard many people say that they belive the Spektrum Pro gear actually feels slower than the stock Helios Comp module and rx. We're talking about some very scant ms. The human physiology can only react to things so quickly, and it's nowhere near 5ms so I don't think you'd actually feel a difference in the Futaba, KO/JR, Spektrum, or Nomadio, response wise, since they already process way faster than we're capable of processing.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #19
Suspended

Talking

Any radio/receiver combo can be fast if you strap an 8X1 motor and a 10-cell battery to it.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth View Post
Any radio/receiver combo can be fast if you strap an 8X1 motor and a 10-cell battery to it.
I've found that kinda rip makes the rx go really fast, but the transmitter starts to feel kinda slow. Car seems to get to things way earlier than the transmitter thinks it does!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #21
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Ok,

From the time you turn the wheel alittle and/or pull the trigger the fastest to send that signal to the servo or esc, of the ones you listed is the actual futaba FAAST 2.4 running in hrs with digital servo

2nd is spektrum HRS for 3pk

3rd is spektrum pro for 3pk

I own all of the above and can state for a FACT I can feel the difference. I was running a regional having switched from spektrum HRS to Spektrum pro, to run the micro recv, and after my first race my buddy goes ' why you turning so late and coming out of turn so late?" I say 'no HRS'....it is very obvious.. I went straight to the Futaba FASST.....
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote