Community
Wiki Posts
Search

good 1/12 scale car

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default good 1/12 scale car

thinking about getting out of nitro on road due to no tracks here in maryland. thinking about getting into 1/12th scale electric whats a good car? i have been looking at a few they all seem to be built the same. let me know whats up thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
thinking about getting out of nitro on road due to no tracks here in maryland. thinking about getting into 1/12th scale electric whats a good car? i have been looking at a few they all seem to be built the same. let me know whats up thanks
They are all good.
Pick your color.

You may want to go to your local club race to see what the "fast" guys are running.
They can help you get up to speed quickly.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Find out what brand parts your LHS stocks, and get one of those brands' cars. Saves many headaches when you break something on race day.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mahamoti
Find out what brand parts your LHS stocks, and get one of those brands' cars. Saves many headaches when you break something on race day.
^^good advice. The CEFX Griffen is the the car I like. I have owned almost all of the new link cars. CRC is also a very fast car, but its not as robust as lets say a 12r5.1. Like what was said previously, buy what your LHS stocks parts for.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

everyone so far has had some great advice for ya. for me the BMI Copperhead 12 with the BMI front end is my weapon of choice ! everyone is going to tell you they like the car that they drive but just look at all the cars and pick whichever will suit your needs the most .. all choices are good. but its the little things that matter most. i chose Quality and ease of maintenance.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
They are all good.
Pick your color.
Exactly. There is not a bad car out there right now. Well, maybe that chinese copy of an old Coraly car I saw a while back but other than that, no bad choices.

I like the CRC car though. Performs great, easy to get parts and support for and very inexpensive.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

even the old T-plate cars a still competitive and with the speedzone 1s saddle they seem to be popular still
Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

thinking about the MRH track? i will be running a CRC car there before too long.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know what they say, an old Corally is better than a new anything else. SP12's will rule forever! Actually these guys are giving good info to get started in 1/12 racing. Look for local support for the car you choose and don't be afraid to ask questions. Most every racer will steer you to the setups and driving help you will need. Go get'em!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Best advice given is to get what the LHS has parts for it.

I drive one of the only AE 12R5.1 at a track and LHS that is CRC country. You should see my parts box. It's full. The reason it's full is that hardly anything breaks on the R5.1.

Seriously all the 1/12 cars are good and you can't miss with any of them.

I like the Serpent and Corally but parts are scarcer then hen's teeth and they are very pricey like the Xray. The CRC is the best bang for the buck.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi,

I like Toyota RAV4 EV, an electric SUV .. This is amazing car ...
And i also refer it to you ...
Thanks
Old 05-25-2011, 03:04 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

a couple have xrays (lotta xray TC guys here so its natural), however u will see a ton of 5.1s and crc present. not so much on corally and serpent, and it seems that folks ignore bmi when it comes to carpet in this area. but yes carpet is back in md, so pick ur poison and go.

the 5.1 is indeed tough, already did some practice to try and remember what it was like, it was an open day so i had to pick my spots to go out usually when these traxxas rally cars a lotta folks have came in for a break or batt swap. Tough stuff when i got it wrong.

R
Old 05-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UltegraSTI
-snip- when it comes to carpet in this area. but yes carpet is back in md, so pick ur poison and go. -snip-
R
I am curious about the location of an on-road track running 1/12 scale in MD. Can someone point me to it?

I run at the C in Frederick, MD currently.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

BMI DB12RR no tweak ar
Or the Copper head also designs around the less weak system and a new front end.

Crc are nice cars also but a bit pricey.

I have a DB12RR For sale if any one interested and i will also give you a good deal on the complete new front end designs to go with the 12RR.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bencason
I am curious about the location of an on-road track running 1/12 scale in MD. Can someone point me to it?

I run at the C in Frederick, MD currently.
middle river hobbies new in-store carpet track. just opened (well moved to their new shop w/the track from their old store on other side of shopping center).

opening day is planned for 6/11. further detail-find mr robert dodge for detail. their also on facebook 'maryland carpet racing'

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.