R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #361
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,187
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Stock timing? What temps where you getting and what size track?
stock timing (o degrees) temps around 164 ,track superior hobbies
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #362
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Whats the KV of the 10.5?

Thanks
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #363
Tech Regular
 
Thistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 495
Send a message via MSN to Thistle
Default

question for you all...
Does a brushless motor blow up if the sensor wire is not attached, or does it simply not spin?
Reason I'm asking, is I've just fried my motor and an Orion 3200 li-po pack.
I was binding my module & receiver, and when I finished, I pulled the throttle. The motor sparked and smoked... and now the battery is dead. I don't know if the reason was the missing sensor wire, or if the positive connector came in contact with the graphite top deck.
Any thoughts?
T2 007
LRP Sphere (Still works... at least on brushed. I don't have another brushless to try)
Orion Vortex 6.5
Orion 3200 Li-po (reads 6.1 volts + to - ... 4.2v + to balance port... 1.7v balance to - )
I don't have a balancer to try...
Thistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:52 AM   #364
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

im not sure about the sensor side of it mate, but that may have been the problem since you are using a sensored esc. im using my vortex with the mamba max, sensorless esc...

The battery problem though, u dont need a balancer, u can charge each cell individually http://www.teamorion.com/FAQ/Balancing+LiPo
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:42 AM   #365
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
question for you all...
Does a brushless motor blow up if the sensor wire is not attached, or does it simply not spin?
Reason I'm asking, is I've just fried my motor and an Orion 3200 li-po pack.
I was binding my module & receiver, and when I finished, I pulled the throttle. The motor sparked and smoked... and now the battery is dead. I don't know if the reason was the missing sensor wire, or if the positive connector came in contact with the graphite top deck.
Any thoughts?
T2 007
LRP Sphere (Still works... at least on brushed. I don't have another brushless to try)
Orion Vortex 6.5
Orion 3200 Li-po (reads 6.1 volts + to - ... 4.2v + to balance port... 1.7v balance to - )
I don't have a balancer to try...
My guess is simply does not spin... When someone's sensors are damaged, the motor usually cogs. I'm not sure, but does the sphere work when the sensor wire isnt attached?
I'm going with your positive connector- top deck theory, but how does your positive connector hit the top deck when its hooked up to the battery?

Did the sparks come from within the motor? Open it up, look for burn marks or a burny smell. That'll tell you if its fried.
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:21 AM   #366
Tech Addict
 
Born2Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 737
Default

GM 4.5 Evo3 6800RPM/v
Speed Passion 4.5 10.800 RPM/v !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Novak 4.5 9000 RPM/v
LRP X11 VECTOR 4.5 7800 RPM/v
MM 7700 7700RPM/v
ORION 4.5 could someone tell us the RPM/v ?

So what is the true RPM/v for these motors?Except Novak 4.5 all the others are sintered motors.Why such a difference? After all GM-ORION-SPEED PASSION are the same motors (Feigao).
__________________
Whatever
Born2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:33 AM   #367
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Although they come from the same factory, i suspect there are some differences, namelly the rotor diameter and can design. I have the Vortex 4.5 wich is 12.5mm. My speed passion 3.5 is (not completely sure) 13mm.
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:56 AM   #368
Tech Addict
 
Born2Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Although they come from the same factory, i suspect there are some differences, namelly the rotor diameter and can design. I have the Vortex 4.5 wich is 12.5mm. My speed passion 3.5 is (not completely sure) 13mm.
Some differences? 6800 RPM with 10800RPM is not some difference.We are talking about motors that come from the same factory (Feigao).Unless all these numbers are not true.
__________________
Whatever
Born2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #369
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yes there are some differences in design. The Kv ratings differences are indeed very big, but to be honest i dont give that much meaning.
Because Kv doesnt say much about power and because i dont really trust the numbers brands give. Wattage would be a better way to measure power, but than again, you cant compare different brands because they use different ways of measuring.
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:06 AM   #370
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,222
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Its true that all of them come from the same factory, but none of them are the same
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #371
Tech Addict
 
Born2Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Yes there are some differences in design. The Kv ratings differences are indeed very big, but to be honest i dont give that much meaning.
Because Kv doesnt say much about power and because i dont really trust the numbers brands give. Wattage would be a better way to measure power, but than again, you cant compare different brands because they use different ways of measuring.
ORION & CC doesn't give any informations about the wattage so i don't know how i could compare the ORION 4.5 and the 7700 without specifications.And how someone can be sure about the wattage given from all these brands? Speed passion says 429 watts for the 4.5 and 10800 RPM/v. GM says 540 watts for the 4.5 and 6800RPM/v.After all ,even if they aren't the same motors ( personaly i think they are the same),with all this big difference on the given numbers we sould have an a very big difference in performance.Have we ever seen this diffference?
__________________
Whatever

Last edited by Born2Run; 12-14-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Born2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #372
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
GM 4.5 Evo3 6800RPM/v
Speed Passion 4.5 10.800 RPM/v !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Novak 4.5 9000 RPM/v
LRP X11 VECTOR 4.5 7800 RPM/v
MM 7700 7700RPM/v
ORION 4.5 could someone tell us the RPM/v ?

So what is the true RPM/v for these motors?Except Novak 4.5 all the others are sintered motors.Why such a difference? After all GM-ORION-SPEED PASSION are the same motors (Feigao).

Whats the 10.5's KV then? I need to know that, and orion hasnt replied to my email I sent over a week ago..... I cant find the motor info...
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #373
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,187
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Whats the 10.5's KV then? I need to know that, and orion hasnt replied to my email I sent over a week ago..... I cant find the motor info...
i think they are around 4,200 kv or so
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #374
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i think they are around 4,200 kv or so
Nice

Thanks
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:54 AM   #375
Tech Elite
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,196
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King
Default

Hey guys quick question about my 7.5........

It seems like its "Dead." Now Ive never run a BL motor before, and in my T4 it has really no punch at all, I would say its around the same speed as my 19T as well. Its a Brand New Motor, so Im not worried about it being messed up, but it just doesnt seem right to me, unless a 7.5 just isnt that fast.

My other question is that when I slow down it has super locking brakes, the other thing is that sometimes I hear a clicking sound, as if its skipping on the spur/pinion, but the mesh is fine. Its obviously not like a brushed motor, so Im trying to figure BL out so far.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Pro-Line - Team Orion - Stickit1 - Schelle
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Orion Vortex 13.5 Brushless Motor SammyZ R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 09-10-2008 08:31 PM
Orion Vortex 6.5 Brushless Motor AaronR R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 02-25-2008 06:35 AM
Team Orion 3.5 Brushless Vortex Motor Racer4Life R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 08-01-2007 10:55 AM
Team Orion Vortex brushless motor 10.5 $50 macaofriend R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 07-14-2007 11:02 AM
Team Orionís Vortex Brushless motor gearing? JoeyE Electric On-Road 2 06-30-2007 11:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net