R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Prism's will fit the hudy arbor, Chester ran them at the HT race. Double Pink Prism front part# is JAC2735. Compounds....

Fronts
Black-40
Magenta-32
Dbl Pink-35
Lilac-38
Purple-40

Rears
White-25
Yellow-30
Gray-35
Pink-30
Magenta-32
BBSpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #32
Tech Regular

The new 1/12 rims look sick, worth every penny.
SoCalMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Why all the hype about the Rubberz tires? Is this a new technology or revolutionary tire compound that will greatly improve on todays present tire wear and consistency? If not, then what's the big deal? Same old cheap, fast wearing, expensive rubber tires as the rest of the common tires...why bother then? At least then offer them at a cheaper price, and help bring the general price down....
Hey you might start a ruckus here, or a rhubarb with that kind of talk!
SoCalMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Why all the hype about the Rubberz tires? Is this a new technology or revolutionary tire compound that will greatly improve on todays present tire wear and consistency? If not, then what's the big deal? Same old cheap, fast wearing, expensive rubber tires as the rest of the common tires...why bother then? At least then offer them at a cheaper price, and help bring the general price down....
I see you are trying to catch Marcos J by posting some ridiculous posts. Why don't you wait to see what is presented to the public instead of making negative comments about....get this.....A PRODUCT THAT HAS NOT EVEN MADE IT TO THE MARKET YET!! Why people do this is beyond me. Everyone has an idea as to how things should be done and how much they should cost. You forget that in the end, even though we play with toy cars, this is a business and pays bills and puts food on people's plates. Try having a more open mind and look at ALL situations from both sides. In the end I am sure you will be able to make a much more educated decision on what you buy and why you buy it.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMitch View Post
The new 1/12 rims look sick, worth every penny.
All right....what did you do with the real Mitch? lol.

Some of the distributors have the 1/12 tires already. We are shipping and have plenty in stock. I know it is not the season, but it's just around the corner.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Hey guys,
Mitch is a cool guy.. He likes to buy tires in bulk to save money and to help out all the guys who run at Socal..

We all know to go to Mitch if we need something because most of the time he will have it.

Thanks Mitch
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:17 AM   #37
Tech Regular

The new Rubberzz in the blue "32" compound are perfect for med to low grip applications,,,,,,They worked well for me at the Glen Burnie charity race(parking lot) I found them to be too stuck at the Colisem(indoor asphalt),,,,I can't wait to try them on carpet,,,with Horsham staying open ,,,that will be soon.
Pantheon Motorsports

These fish,,,are frozen.
LBSR415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #38
Tech Initiate

Rumor has it that these tires are designed by Josh Cyrul....I cannot wait to run these! Rims look awesome.

What is next 10th? Nitro - 1/8th or 1/10th? Want them all!
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

How about some big rim TC foams.

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #40
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Trying to get the grip we demand out of rubber tires for a 3.1 lb car requires very soft rubber compounds, especially compared to full-size race cars. It's no surprise they wear out as fast as they do.

The only way I can see having tires that give similar grip levels with much less wear is to go to harder compounds, but wider tires...say 28 mm.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see a potential market for 'spec' rubber tires that last longer. They don't have to be as fast as first-run RP30s if the club forces everyone to use the 'spec' tire.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:41 AM   #42
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Blackstock ran them on his CEFX up here @ ROAR Nats (Champion of 19t) and I've got a feeling Jaco has a product everyone will be willin' to try

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I could get these new 1/12 scale tires?

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
Does anyone know where I could get these new 1/12 scale tires?
CEFX http://cefxraceway.net/?mainURL=/sto...b8yj/JACO.html has them look under 12th scale near the bottom.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jack,
Thanks for the new tires.

Now, how about updating your website with information on the new tires and some pictures too. How about adding the shore rating chart (and rubber type, if different) to your site as well! It's been missing for years. Posting the info here is ok for the short term, but please update the website as we all know where to find that. Finding the info on your web site is much easier and more official than digging through a bunch of forum posts with a lot of mis-information.

Last edited by James35; 07-17-2007 at 11:28 AM.
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote