R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2001, 06:31 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

t35bl dimensions:
the casing is approx. 210cm wide x 87cm high x 247cm long

i dont know the exact weight but its about as heavy as 3 battery packs.
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 08:28 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Guys, xray and daniz24, thanks heaps for the very useful information.
rcethilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 09:02 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by marvi
t35bl dimensions:
the casing is approx. 210cm wide x 87cm high x 247cm long

i dont know the exact weight but its about as heavy as 3 battery packs.
Is the Turbo35 a pain to take to the track compared to taking a millennium and a RT2 discharger? Because I need to buy a new discharger and will think about upgrading my charger. What do you think?
rccarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 09:18 PM   #49
Tech Regular

It depends how big is your car trunk.

Here is my T35 with a customized face plate.
MissX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 11:22 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

well, i got a separate plastic box for my t35, compared to having a millenium and rt2 that fit inside a toolbox. if your track doesnt have a 12v power output, then youll also have to bring along a separate power supply for the t35. all these stuff add up to the things you have to bring to the track. in my case, i dont mind bringing lots of RC stuff because its just a short walk from my car to the pit area. if youre having trouble lugging all your stuff to the pits, i suggest a small cart with wheels. but this may be difficult when you have to climb up some stairs.

missx: that's a cool t35 faceplate! did you make that by yourself? what material did you use? i plan to make one out of sheet lexan. will it work or do i need softer plastic for the buttons to work? i also plan to paint the case with a different (darker) color because at the end of the day, the t35's white case becomes all dirty. how did you remove the original face and install the new one? do you have to remove screws on the t35 or is there a way to remove it without opening up the unit? sorry i have too many questions but that really is a cool faceplate! it surely stands out in a sea of t35s!
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 12:17 AM   #51
Tech Adept

Mad Max, is the the concept behind the so called "Autocharge" in Schulze, GMVis and Yokomo??

xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 12:35 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Hi Marvi,

I am glad that you like my T35. Here are the steps, and I like to share the process.
1. You will need to unscrew four screws from below, but open the casing from top. I don't know if it will void any warranty, but you might be able to slide the front panel without opening but it's rather difficult.
2. Once you open the top cover you can slide up the front panel and peel the plastic cover.
3. Scan this on your computer to get the right button, and LCD position.
4. Fun part ! now you can create any pict from your dog, girlfriend, cars within the dimension of original T35 cover. Don't forget to mark the button position.
5. Print your result via a laser or an inkjet printer. I did mine on laser for crisp image.
6. Cut out the opening for LCD
7. Laminate the result with plastic or you can just insert a thin plastic book cover to protect the finish cover. No don't use lexan because it's too thick, and you will have a hard time to press the buttons.
8. Carefully reinsert everything into the box, make sure no cables are pressed againts the box cover, Done !

Attached you can find my other design.
MissX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:38 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Default Yokomo BMS Charger

Whats the Yokomo BMS Chrger/Discharger like? Is it as good as the others mentioned in this thread? What are it's features?
It's cheaper than the Turbo35, but has it got the features?
Would you recommend it?
Also what is the size and weight of it?
Finally is it safe for Sanyo 3000HV's?
Thanks.
rccarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:53 AM   #54
Tech Master

To Miss X,

I never tought your cover is selfmade. Can you send me the layout files?

Thanks in advance because I'm too lazy making it.

Please send to [email protected]
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 04:23 AM   #55
GKC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to GKC

Anyone knows anyway I can get to Competition Electronics via email rather than fax or mail? Thanks
GKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 04:32 AM   #56
Tech Adept

Pyramid, I just sold my T35 BL last week and I still have Miss X self made face plate. The design is pretty similar to the one that Miss x show us, do you want it ??? he...he...he... just kidding
Old 12-06-2001, 07:26 AM   #57
Tech Master

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by xray
Pyramid, I just sold my T35 BL last week and I still have Miss X self made face plate. The design is pretty similar to the one that Miss x show us, do you want it ??? he...he...he... just kidding
Thanks for the offer, I just want to try and play with the layout.

So if you still have the layout, it would be great.....
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 07:58 AM   #58
Tech Adept

rccarracer,
Can you tell more on BMS charger.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:13 AM   #59
Tech Apprentice

xray -
Shultze was supposedly able to do it. It is in a couple of the top of the line I think. I can't comprehend the German to english translation that they have on their site. so I cannot be certain which models can do this.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 09:35 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max
xray -
Shultze was supposedly able to do it. It is in a couple of the top of the line I think. I can't comprehend the German to english translation that they have on their site. so I cannot be certain which models can do this.
Maybe, there are some chargers better than the Schulze unit, maybe bigger, maybe smaller, maybe more simple, more complicated.

On my 16 years in R/C I've played with lots of chargers (Schumacher PC5, CE Linear Turbocharger (the grandpa of the T35), Tekin BC-112A, Several victors (Original, Senior, some Super IQ flavours), GM Commander, Yokomos, and much others).

There's a moment you need to seat and think about the type of charger you need. When I go to track I carry several things and my bag slowly transformed in a huge pack. There was the moment who I decided that I needed the Schulze unit, rather than carrying with 3 chargers and 3 dischargers a power supply I pack my Schulze and the PS.

For in-house, I have a TM4 neatly installed on my working desk with another PS, if I need to charge i take my charger and no problem.

I assure you that this charger is the best i have seen in my years (the first time I've seen was at the Andy Kraemer hands and we talked about these charger) it convinced me and bought a unit.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote