R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-23-2003, 02:47 AM   #31
Tech Regular

I'll be upgrading from my Novak Fusion to a GT7 soon, does anyone think i'll be able to notice a difference between the two? Like is the GT7 that much smother than a enry type one. I'll be using it with a BB Monster. Also, what is the turn limit for the GT7, thanks
Johnny J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:17 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I believe there is no turn limit with a GT7. I found the GT7 to not have very good punch, but is very smooth. Good mod 12th scale speedo.

I recommend the KO VFS2000....
Old 04-23-2003, 05:15 AM   #33
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Re settings for GT7, if you run stock like I do then set it to programme 6. You can't get much punchier than that.

You can also adjust your transmitter to give you more punch by upping the throttle curve and punch.

For hot wind mod motors, if you have a time problem (battery duration), run programme 1. If not run programme 2.

Hope my suggestions help.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:23 AM   #34
TC3
Tech Regular

the quantum has a very punchy stock motor programm too.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:28 AM   #35
TC3
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. MR4
Way to go Lucyinthesky

Hey TC3, why don't you come over to Malta & we'll show you if we have any good drivers or not!!!! he he

C U
well i was at the last euros in lostallo swiss. and i didnt seeanyone from malta in the A main, or in the B main or in C and D, E........
but maybe i ll be in malta for holiday next year

@johnbull
i think u know a lot about racing, but my opinon is, the quantum is better!
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:46 AM   #36
Tech Master

no to novak! they spent all there R&D cash on brushless. the gt7 is a toy compared to the keyence speedo. my pick would be keyence than lrp than radio shack than novak.
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:50 AM   #37
Tech Legend

Just about anyone thats fast in the N/w runs a LRP.....

Not everyone , but just about......

I also have driven the new Novak GT-7....
It seem to be very good, as good as the LRP anyway....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:39 PM   #38
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

You will notice a big difference between the GT7 and the Fusion. If you use program 4, "Aggressive Stock" it'll be really really punchy.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:20 PM   #39
Suspended

Get a quantum comp ESC they ROCK.
R C king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:15 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
no to novak! they spent all there R&D cash on brushless. the gt7 is a toy compared to the keyence speedo. my pick would be keyence than lrp than radio shack than novak.
Whoa, those are emotional words. Why do you think novak speedo's are bad?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:11 AM   #41
Tech Master

look at the technology being used in the keyence speedo than take a look at the novak stuff. it's easy to see who did there homework and who is just re packaging a old concept. it doesn't help novak any when alot of there speedos are shutting down in mid race? novalk was at one time the hands down best speedo on the market..now they are happy just being novak..they realy spent alot of time and money on the brushless stuff and in time it may pay off. but as of today right now there are a few speedos that are way better than the gt7..keyence lrp and i think futaba has a nice speedo also...i think futaba is made by lrp also? you want the best speedo money can buy it is a keyence.. and on the subject of novak..look at bobs chargers these days..ouch they are still stuck in the late 80's...the pitbull and lrp chargers have way more features and are just better chargers..not to mention the gfx is in a class all by itself! soooo that is why i say steer clear of novak till they get back into the game again..if novak makes a great speedo or charger i'll be the 1st to come on here and tell you about it. peace!
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:18 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
well i was at the last euros in lostallo swiss. and i didnt seeanyone from malta in the A main, or in the B main or in C and D, E........
but maybe i ll be in malta for holiday next year

@johnbull
i think u know a lot about racing, but my opinon is, the quantum is better!
Well, because people dont show up at big race events, one cant conclude they cant drive.

I'm neither a Novak-fan. However, the point is there's no need for talking badly or be insulting.

Peace.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:23 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
look at the technology being used in the keyence speedo than take a look at the novak stuff. it's easy to see who did there homework and who is just re packaging a old concept. it doesn't help novak any when alot of there speedos are shutting down in mid race? novalk was at one time the hands down best speedo on the market..now they are happy just being novak..they realy spent alot of time and money on the brushless stuff and in time it may pay off. but as of today right now there are a few speedos that are way better than the gt7..keyence lrp and i think futaba has a nice speedo also...i think futaba is made by lrp also? you want the best speedo money can buy it is a keyence.. and on the subject of novak..look at bobs chargers these days..ouch they are still stuck in the late 80's...the pitbull and lrp chargers have way more features and are just better chargers..not to mention the gfx is in a class all by itself! soooo that is why i say steer clear of novak till they get back into the game again..if novak makes a great speedo or charger i'll be the 1st to come on here and tell you about it. peace!
I think you have some good points here. I've never understooded why people are so impressed by the Millenium charger.

On the other hand, I think the brushless is good work. Better power and lower maintenance is nice. However, the prices has to go down, otherwise the entry to this hobby is too expensive. But it seems that almost all electronics are high priced at first, later it use to be more affordable.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:00 AM   #44
Tech Adept

Novak might be using old technologies....but it is not "obsolete" and I really feel that the Novak Speedo has a good built quality.

Another point is Novak still winning races around the world....so it proved that the Novak is still a contender.

Peace...

Andreas
Pembalap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 08:53 AM   #45
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Micro FETs may be new technology...but BIG FETs certainly does not automatically mean it is no good.

Have you seen the technology inside the GFX?? I can tell you that it does not feature in the "rocket science" category...much closer to the Novak technology than you think!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote