R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Which Stock motor?

Hi all,
New to EP racing, Just bought a T2.
I'm thinking of getting the NOVAK XBR sport X 13.5 Brushless pack.
Is this a good system to race Stock class, and will the XBR sport ESC run the 13.5 Pro Motor?
Any help much appreciated..
NITROTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You will want to check with your local track to see if they allow Brushless to run with stock , they might have a BL class. Also ask around the track and see what people are running, the people that race there will have the best knowledge of what works and what dosen't. Looks like the XBR will run down to an 8.5 BL, but you may want to ask the brushless thread. http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/xbr/index.html
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #3
Tech Addict

yes it is ok the only thing different is the rotor. The problem that i had with the XBR is that it overheated alot for me so i say if you going to spend that mch for a brushless system you should just get the real deal and get the GTB/13.5 instead of the XBR/13.5. What is it like 30 or 40 bucks difference. if your racing and very competitive get the GTB version but if you think of it you will probally get into racing eventually so just go ahead and buy the GTB with your 13.5

sorry if its some bad english

tyler
Old 06-15-2007, 01:18 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Might want to think about getting brushed motor. I havent come across anyone one in the Socal area running a competitive stock brushless setup......just about everyone one running Pro tweaked/boutique CO27. Even most of the sponsored drivers who occasionally run the stock class for Ss&Gs run CO27.
GCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #5

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah...CO27 is the dominate stock motor right now, if your thinking brushed stock, think CO27..
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
Tech Initiate

i don't know about you, but i can dominate the hph pro stock rubber class with the kc racing epic x. it seems like i'm running a 19 turn motor, and im telling you, it not only looks like it, but i can. the guys even wanted to check my car before the race when i was doing a warm up lap!

kc racing all the way!

- viper55
viper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Yes Stock racing.. Nothing like a CO27 based motor.. No matter where from.. There great motors...

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper55 View Post
i don't know about you, but i can dominate the hph pro stock rubber class with the kc racing epic x. it seems like i'm running a 19 turn motor, and im telling you, it not only looks like it, but i can. the guys even wanted to check my car before the race when i was doing a warm up lap!

kc racing all the way!

- viper55
Viper you in the SoCal area?
GCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #9

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alright..yay..lets start another which stock tuner is best thread..

ROAR X is good on larger tracks, or flowing tracks, but it's hard to beat the CO27 when you can just keep gearing it lower and lower. Most tracks a properly geared CO27 will have more rip out of the corners, AND have high end RPM. ... Regardless of who tuned it.

But if the cars never really have to slow down and you can keep a ROAR X in it's sweet spot, it's a very good motor.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote