2008 Snowbird Nationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

It wasn't bad but it's not the first place you would pick for vacationing. I dont think the site had anything to do with the racers trashing it, I have been to many races where the host hotel wasnt happy with the way the rooms were left.

Cleveland dont have the problem because the hotel would charge you for it. And they have in the past from what I have heared. So I think the fear is there.

And as far as it being boring at the champs, it can be for an out of towner.
Esspecially when they are from a larger city.

It maybe jumping on other occassions but being a cold Holiday weekend people are indoors with family, that may make it really quiet.

Its not a bad thing just another opinion which does'nt need to be bashed.

The champs is one of the best races but it is something to not be compared to other races. It has clout and been around for a long time. To me its like Indy ( the grand daddy of all races) .

The thing with the Bird's hotel is it just adds to the fun of it, some may not understand. Realistically Its hard to find a place that will allow us to race. They may once but the truth is there are alot of careless people out there. Look around your clubs/tracks you know who they are. Not bad people or anything they just have carlesness issues!

Bottom line is THE FREAKIN SNOW BIRDS ROCK!!!!!

Go AHead FLAME ME! MUHAHAHA!
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Snowbird Nationals-72.gif  
Old 06-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No 'Birds bashing EVER!! I've been there, and I LOVED it. Cleveland, like any other Major Metropolitan area has hot and not so hot spots. I can see what you're saying about the Holiday weekend slowing down some of the better night spots though.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

This thread makes me think back to when I was a group sales manager for 4 and 5 diamond resort hotels. Since I know a alot about RC, there's no way in hell I would have ever booked an RC race at either one of those hotels. The rooms were too nice for RC gear and working on cars, the meeting space was too nice for racing and it was always occupied by more than one group, mixing an RC race with other groups would make them angry, and most RC enthusiasts behave like they have a touch of autism and having a hotel full of them would be a nightmare.

Only a noob sales manager at a nice hotel that desperately needs revenue over the group's preferred dates would ever do it and then he/she would never rebook the group because hotel ops managers would be super pissed that the RC group was allowed to stay at the hotel in the first place. Groups like RC'ers usually have to bounce around venues to stay at nice hotels because no one ever wants to rebook them. IMO, the ideal property for an RC race would be a run down 2 or 3 diamond property that has tons of meeting space, but doesn't get a lot of group bookings.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have to agree, that the hotel isn't good but who cares. Im there to race, not to spa. I barely used the bed this year, I was wrenching. I even had to deal with double and a half chargings on my card. But the race is MY FAVORITE RACE. I hope the rooms aren't much more money if the races is moved. Becasue, if it is moved into Universal or whatever food and everything else is more expensive in the parks not just the hotels.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I like the fact that once I get to the hotel, there is no need for a rental car. I can walk to most everything I needed for the entire week.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Is it true, are they really thinking about an F1 class? Would be very interested.
Heath
Old 06-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

No there will be no f-1 class.

SO let me get this straight for the past 3 years all the talk about the birds has been The Hotel sucks they need to move the race. now that it actually might happen people are bitching. lol

do you really think The Mike Boylan (the Bill France of the rc world) would move the race to a place that jacked up the prices on rooms. The Birds is Mike's child and as it grows things need to change.

let's all just wait to see what Mike has for the announcement.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Fairtrace no disrespect to you budd but you were one of the front runners bitches about the hotel,I've only been to 1 snowbird but if change is for the better so be it
Old 06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I really didnt complain about the hotel. Oh and I can have an opinion, deal with it. I said I love the Snowbirds this is my favorite race by far. I know Mike will do whats best and I will be there.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've been to the birds twice. But thank you for knowing more about my trips then I do.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davepull
No there will be no f-1 class.

SO let me get this straight for the past 3 years all the talk about the birds has been The Hotel sucks they need to move the race. now that it actually might happen people are bitching. lol

do you really think The Mike Boylan (the Bill France of the rc world) would move the race to a place that jacked up the prices on rooms. The Birds is Mike's child and as it grows things need to change.

let's all just wait to see what Mike has for the announcement.
oh thats right!! they are taking out oval and making it a On-Road event only or better yet make oval run clockwise
Old 06-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

you sure do have a big mouth Marcos
Old 06-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

talk about not using the bed. I ran stock oval this year and had to be back up for 12th stock first thing in the morning. now that was fun! maybe this year skeen will let me stay for the oval mains.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I like the fact that I can walk to anything I might want to see or go to eat while staying at the Legacy without haveing to worry about a ride. I've stayed at places far less hospitable than this place, and really, I'm not there to go to the weight room, or the spa,, I'm there to race. (Okay, in my case run around the track and make laps,,,) I just hope that maybe Mike is going to let us old farts run together without all you young whippersnappers. I vote for a Masters class!!!

Rock on Mike and the Thunder crew and next time it'll be year 6 for me, and I am the L-Main King!

Just went to the Snowbirds site and the video playing,,, sure is NOT the hotel with which we are all familiar with,,,,
Old 06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Dates for this years race Jan 29 - feb 3 2008

and it will not be at the same location

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.