R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #301
Tech Master

Holy cow! That is a lot of rooms. I just emailed them to where we are at, sounds like more than last year already. Tony - hide the cookies and when Julie ain't lookin' I will have hers and mine.

I will check on 'sleep number' dyno numbers, I think I heard Competition might be making one
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #302
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Thats a bummer, Sleep number beds for a race I slept a total of 20 hours in 2 years. Doh.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Thats a bummer, Sleep number beds for a race I slept a total of 20 hours in 2 years. Doh.
But now those 10hrs will be quality hours.....
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #304
Tech Master

Non racing... but Thunder Racing has some real Thunder and Lightning going on right now in my backyard... check out the live webcam:
http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/liveweather.htm

We have the tropics heating up down here so I have a weather page I keep going.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #305
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Kind of sucks you have to pay for the full stay in advance. Most hotels do not require that, but only require a credit card number to hold the room. At least this is what I have found when trying to book on their website. Anybody else found out differently?
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #306
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
Kind of sucks you have to pay for the full stay in advance. Most hotels do not require that, but only require a credit card number to hold the room. At least this is what I have found when trying to book on their website. Anybody else found out differently?
Wow, I booked mine last week and they said they wouldn't bill my card till after my stay was over, and I got the deal. Man am I glad I booked when I did.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #307
Tech Master

I will see what the scoop is. I just read the contract and the hotel site and this is what it has on it:

GUARANTEED RESERVATIONS
All reservations must be guaranteed and accompanied by a first night room deposit, or guaranteed with a major credit card.

I am sure if they made a mistake they will take care of it. They have a great staff and great reputation on the line.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #308
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike when we made our reservations they told us that there would be no billing of credit card untill end of stay.

Yup sure is a lot of rooms this early, Maybe we can take over the place and fill all the rooms.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #309
Tech Master

I am sure no matter what we are taking over that place!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:43 AM   #310
Tech Master

Hello racers! Talked to the hotel yesterday. Lots and lots of rooms already reserved - more than ever for this time of year. Just a note: registration open around Thanksgiving. I have been getting a lot of e-mails on this. And practice begins Tuesday that week. We are going to limit entries again this year. Last year's schedule had the most compliments ever so we are going to keep this number to keep the same time frames. Everyone seems to be extremely excited about the new venue. We surely are!!

We have a big carpet race in Florida this weekend. You can watch it live on our webcam starting Friday night:
http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/thunderslive.htm

Check out all about the Snowbirds here:
http://www.snowbirdnationals.com
A lot of history on the race is here: http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/racehistory.htm

NEXT UP are sponsors, as we are sending out all the info on Manufacture's Row. This years ballroom is bigger and better!

THEN finalizing plans on a pre-race VIP past champs party and late-week party poolside with music and more. Maybe Hollie and the girls will stop by! The Radisson is an awesome place!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #311
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder View Post
Hello racers! Talked to the hotel yesterday. Lots and lots of rooms already reserved - more than ever for this time of year. Just a note: registration open around Thanksgiving. I have been getting a lot of e-mails on this. And practice begins Tuesday that week. We are going to limit entries again this year. Last year's schedule had the most compliments ever so we are going to keep this number to keep the same time frames. Everyone seems to be extremely excited about the new venue. We surely are!!

We have a big carpet race in Florida this weekend. You can watch it live on our webcam starting Friday night:
http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/thunderslive.htm

Check out all about the Snowbirds here:
http://www.snowbirdnationals.com
A lot of history on the race is here: http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/racehistory.htm

NEXT UP are sponsors, as we are sending out all the info on Manufacture's Row. This years ballroom is bigger and better!

THEN finalizing plans on a pre-race VIP past champs party and late-week party poolside with music and more. Maybe Hollie and the girls will stop by! The Radisson is an awesome place!

You mean practice begins Tuesday of the week the race is on right?
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 AM   #312
Tech Master

Correct

Tuesday Jan 29th practice
Old 08-22-2007, 08:55 AM   #313
Tech Master

BTW we have a bunch of racers heading to the IIC that will be racing this weekend. Everyone from FLA can't wait to see them head West and represent. Should be a great race here in FLA this weeekend:

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/FCC.htm
Old 09-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #314
Tech Master

Default Snowbird UPDATE

Hello race fans! 5 months away until the 'birds practice begins today (on Tuesday) and race plans are coming along nicely!

I wanted to pass along some 'new' news on the race:

The Radisson Resort is over half full, with a ton of racers with reserved rooms already. More rooms than ever this far out - awesome! The new location and facility have received great responses. Make those reservations if you plan on racing. Hotel details on our race site. In case you missed it - we have a brand new home for the 14th annual race. See the promo video here: http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/vid...rdRadisson.wmv

We are happy to announce that MACS, Mobile Air Conditioning Society, a large worldwide automotive organization, is having their 28th annual trade show convention the same week as the Snowbirds just a couple miles from the 'birds at the Disney Coronado Resort. They have become sponsors of the 2008 Snowbirds and we are working together on many cross-promotions between our two events. This is a tremendous opportunity for the RC car industry, as all the top players in the automotive world will see RC possibly for the first time. MACS is opening up their doors to our racers and families with free passes to their trade show, will be advertising the Snowbirds with an ad in their monthly worldwide magazine, and will be handing out a race flyer at their event to the their thousands of attendees. They want to provide their participants something to do while here in Orlando and this will drive spectators to the Snowbirds and organized RC racing like never before. Plus we are setting up a small RC track at their trade show for people to see and try RC racing firsthand. This is going to be fun! And to top it off, Disney is providing a 'Cars' racing theme for their function, making this is a great fit and 'a match made in heaven!'. The MACS event has special guests, prizes, entertainment, and more, so it will provide something extra for our group to do while here, and since many of our racers are in the automotive field this is a great tie-in. With all the talk about getting outside exposure for RC racing, this could not have worked out any better. We are extremely excited to be working with MACS and the possible long-term relationships we are establishing with some outside companies.

Something extra for you Miss Snowbird Hollie Winnard fans. Hollie will be on TV starting Tuesday September 18th on CW TV, as she is staring in the fourth season of 'The Beauty and the Geek'. Tune in and cheer her on! Many of you have had your picture taken with her the past couple years at the race and have seen her in our promo ads and more. http://www.cwtv.com/shows/beauty-and-the-geek-4/cast

Make sure to check out our race website for complete hotel news and start watching for more race information as we start announcing sponsors, and classes the next couple months. Entry will be out around Thanksgiving. You will be able to sign up on-line. Once again, entries will be limited. We have some fun stuff planned at the hotel this year and will be announcing that in the future. Also have some cool Snowbird gear on the site for sale. http://www.snowbirdnationals.com

Mike Boylan
[email protected]
Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #315
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Best Yet

Mike this looks to be the biggest and best snowbirds race yet. I can say I am really excited as the hotel looks AWESOME.

Can't wait to see some of the hottest drivers, trophy girls and rc wizardry all under one roof! Cya there.
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote