R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to dogenia Send a message via Yahoo to dogenia
Default HPI Sprint question

I tried the search button but still I'm at a loss here.

I'm trying to help this guy in the club with his HPI Sprint 2.

His main problem is that he keeps melting his spur gear adapter which means that the car wont move forward.

Additionally now the front differential only spins on one side under load. As long as the diff is outside the car it functions as it should but as soon as you put it inside the diff housing and close everything up the front left wheel of the car does not spin when power is applied.

Granted the car is simple enough to figure out but this really got me stumped.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Don
dogenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogenia View Post
His main problem is that he keeps melting his spur gear adapter which means that the car wont move forward.

Additionally now the front differential only spins on one side under load. As long as the diff is outside the car it functions as it should but as soon as you put it inside the diff housing and close everything up the front left wheel of the car does not spin when power is applied.
Don
Spur holder is simple there is supposed to be a pin behind the adapator - I suspect it has fallen out and been lost or the screw has come loose and the pin dropped out. if it's melted you will probably need to replace.

The other problem check the plastic housings they will crack if you get a good hit and the diff will bind - if it is broken check the A arm pins as well as they bend as well.

Or it could be the diff have you pulled it apart and checked it the drives only run on the plastic and can wear.
ShrekNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to dogenia Send a message via Yahoo to dogenia
Default Spur holder

Actually the pin in the spur holder is always there, the point is that you cant keep replacing the same part over and over. This guy is currently running in 19 turn spec. Can the Sprint maybe only handle up to a 27 turn without melting the spur holder?

As for the tranny I did pull out the tranny and open it. There seems to be a fair amount of play, which lets the bevel gears push apart, which could explain the one side spinning. Can this be shimmed out? Maybe a piece of gas tubing in the outdrive?
dogenia is offline   Reply With Quote