Old 06-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default radio help

m11, 3pk, m8, helios or nomadio?
civiceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Go to a hobby shop that will allow you to hold them all and then determine which one feels better in your hand. If you are asking which is best, there is no best, only what feels good and works for you.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Nomadio....
Old 06-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #4
Tech Addict

helio every one that i race with has this radio and it feels really good
Old 06-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to $rusty$ Send a message via MSN to $rusty$

It's just personal preference. People are gonna say there radio is the best, because for them. It is. I personally use the ole KO Mars R with drop down wheel and spek. I don't see myself changing radios until this one quits working.

thercbarn.com
$rusty$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Default Radio's

Buy whatever feels good in your hands, thats all that matters. They are all packed full of features and are all top notch radios. Personally for me I have an M11, I love the big screen and and it's well balanced, not to top heavy like the 3PK, whatever feels good will drive good. Just my 2 cents, anyways to each his own.
_pilot_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:58 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

After owning a M11, went to the Ko Propo Helios, and love it. You can buy one from speedtech for $179 then add the spektrum system. BUT there is another radio on the horizon that looks very promising, The Spektrum DX3R! Take a look at it at www.spektrumrc.com. Should be out real soon.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

M11 all the way I love mine.
Tim W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro View Post
After owning a M11, went to the Ko Propo Helios, and love it. You can buy one from speedtech for $179 then add the spektrum system. BUT there is another radio on the horizon that looks very promising, The Spektrum DX3R! Take a look at it at www.spektrumrc.com. Should be out real soon.

People said the Nomadio Sensor was ugly... There are a lot of mis truths in that add, the Nomadio React IS the fastest radio and has many more features... Besides the ability to control Spektrum receivers, Airtronics and Futaba are on the way.... No other company's controllers are able to communicate with any other brand with the exception of the Nomadio...
Old 06-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to $rusty$ Send a message via MSN to $rusty$

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny View Post
People said the Nomadio Sensor was ugly... There are a lot of mis truths in that add, the Nomadio React IS the fastest radio and has many more features... Besides the ability to control Spektrum receivers, Airtronics and Futaba are on the way.... No other company's controllers are able to communicate with any other brand with the exception of the Nomadio...
I'm so sick of hearing they're the fastest radio. Honestly who can be able to tell. I know I can't tell from a AM to a DSM. Plus the Sensor is ugly.

Honestly go to you LHS, and ask to hold all the different radios, and go from there.

thercbarn.com
$rusty$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Nomadio controlling other DSM systems? Where is this info, Everything I've read on Nomadio stated that there DSM was some sort of military grade stuff and not Spektrum compatible. Has this changed within the last 2yrs? Not bashing Nomadio, heard good things, Spektrum is good too, maybe not AS Fast, but we're splitting hairs at this point. The new DX3R will still be cheaper and just as light. Maybe a little more competition will get nomadio to drop there prices a bit.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro View Post
Nomadio controlling other DSM systems? Where is this info, Everything I've read on Nomadio stated that there DSM was some sort of military grade stuff and not Spektrum compatible. Has this changed within the last 2yrs? Not bashing Nomadio, heard good things, Spektrum is good too, maybe not AS Fast, but we're splitting hairs at this point. The new DX3R will still be cheaper and just as light. Maybe a little more competition will get nomadio to drop there prices a bit.
On the Sensor you have to switch the software in the RC Desktop on the React it's model specific... The Sensor doesn't have all the built in memory that the React does... But yes, both radios need to slow down to be able to communicate with the Spek units...

You can get the React at TQrcracing for $230 with the promo code: Radio... How much cheaper do you want???

You can use this coupon (click link) and get $20 off a case or a free Temp sensor.....

How much more do you want??? If you have Spektrum receivers you can use them too....
Old 06-10-2007, 03:21 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Go the Helios/JR Z-1 with the wheel extension....weapon!
Old 06-10-2007, 05:18 AM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I will say also go to your LHS and hold each one. hold for a few minutes. Also ask to place some batteries in too. this way you will get a better feel for it. even ask if you can walk around the store. Or even better hold like your on the drivers stand. and pretend you doing a round or qualifing. and time yourself for 5 minutes. You might look like and idiot doing so. bu you will get the feel for the radio. Oh don't forget to extend the antena. they actully will degined to keep the radio more balanced. If your curious what I have it's an M8 why cause I like the feel and got a it a great price.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #15
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrrus View Post
I will say also go to your LHS and hold each one. hold for a few minutes. Also ask to place some batteries in too. this way you will get a better feel for it. even ask if you can walk around the store. Or even better hold like your on the drivers stand. and pretend you doing a round or qualifing. and time yourself for 5 minutes. You might look like and idiot doing so. bu you will get the feel for the radio. Oh don't forget to extend the antena. they actully will degined to keep the radio more balanced. If your curious what I have it's an M8 why cause I like the feel and got a it a great price.
i also wanted an m8 but couldnt find one
civiceg is offline   Reply With Quote