Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Lipo chargers? >

New Lipo chargers?

New Lipo chargers?

Old 06-06-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New Lipo chargers?

Looking to see if anyone has in the future a lipo battery charger with a brushless motor testing capibilities? Since this is where everyone elcetric will be going shortly.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting thought...

However brushless motors are a lot more difficult to power than brushed ones. It's quite easy to run a brushed motor from a NiMH charger output. Not the case for brushless which need controller logic to run.

For that reason I doubt a lipo charger with a brushless motor tester built in would be economic to purchase. But you never know!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

like a Competition electronics charger.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Looking to see if anyone has in the future a lipo battery charger with a brushless motor testing capibilities? Since this is where everyone elcetric will be going shortly.
\

It's kind of pointless since most only use the motor run feature to break in new brushes, you can't judge a motor by the numbers you get on the charger...
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

That's how I've done my motors for years.I don't have a dyno and the one I had I sold years ago.Doing the motors on a Turbo is all that was needed. what I'm looking for is something that will give me some sort numbers to make my observation and compair. The numbers on the dyno are just that numbers. What's done on the track is what counts.You see someone else has something to measure the magnets on the rotor.When you over heat the motor or just get it alittle hot it will effect the motor and something on the all in one charger would he helpful.