Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 03:23 PM
Suspended

Default Pulsar Charger

how do you guys like it?
Old 04-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

good charger but the rest of the feature's are nothing to write home to mom about.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Here we go again..hehehe!

I love this charger. It charges excellent, not one false peak yet and trully chargers my batts to the Max. I have 21 different batteries ranging from old 2400's to sanyo 3300's and worked very well. I just follow the recommended settings with no hitch. I have 2 now.
Past 2 days I was using the matching feature Which does a one time cycle (discharge,charge then discharge) and gives you the capacity, average voltage and discharge time in seconds at 10amps. Now I know which of my batts are the weakest and the strongest.
I also use it to run my lathe and break-in my motors and even get readings from it. So, I don't know what is so useless about the other features when other high end chargers don't even have this options.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What I didnt like about the pulsar is that the delta peak is only adjustable in 5mv increments. If you want or need something in between that you are out of luck. Also, I prefer a 20amp discharge like my Indi 16x5v6 has. And lastly, no peak voltage reading when the pack is done. Other than that its a great charger.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I really like mine. It actually made my battery packs punchier, and gave them better run time. I use all the features to check battery packs, and to run my lathe.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Everything published by LRP on their website about Pulsar, and printed on the box works well, and they are all quite nice to you use.

The drawback is the "disco light" backlit, that isn't very readable in darkness. The discharge current is 10A, non-adjustable.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sushi Boy
I really like mine. It actually made my battery packs punchier, and gave them better run time. I use all the features to check battery packs, and to run my lathe.
same here!
Old 04-22-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by izzyracer
Here we go again..hehehe!

I love this charger. It charges excellent, not one false peak yet and trully chargers my batts to the Max. I have 21 different batteries ranging from old 2400's to sanyo 3300's and worked very well. I just follow the recommended settings with no hitch. I have 2 now.
Past 2 days I was using the matching feature Which does a one time cycle (discharge,charge then discharge) and gives you the capacity, average voltage and discharge time in seconds at 10amps. Now I know which of my batts are the weakest and the strongest.
I also use it to run my lathe and break-in my motors and even get readings from it. So, I don't know what is so useless about the other features when other high end chargers don't even have this options.
just what i wanted to say also!
yes,10A discharge is not too much,but consider this:
u dont match ur cells anyway,so run,10Adischarge,then straight to the trays.perfect combo.
i'm fortunate enuff to be having the non-disco backlight,altho u still cant read it in the dark.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

i have a question for you fellas..my buddy just bought a lrp charger and when the pack is finished charging everything works fine the charger peaks at the threshhold he sets it at..but when he goes to re peak the pack it will not peak at the set threshhold it justy keeps on charging? is he doing something wrong?
Old 04-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Suspended

I just ordered one adn it should come on monday,
Old 04-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
i have a question for you fellas..my buddy just bought a lrp charger and when the pack is finished charging everything works fine the charger peaks at the threshhold he sets it at..but when he goes to re peak the pack it will not peak at the set threshhold it justy keeps on charging? is he doing something wrong?
If you're talking about NiMH, yes. They should not be re-peaked without letting them cool for several hours. If repeaked while warm, the voltage drop of NiMH is very slow and the peak detection is unable to detect the peak, especially if it's set high.
What's the value of "the threshold he sets it"?
I'm using Pulsar with NiMH's (Sanyo 3000 & 3300, GP 3300) at 10-15 mV peak, no more, works well. Running modified only.
Most important thing with NiMHs is to get them ready just in time (like 5 minutes before the race) and go racing while they're still warm. If they have time to cool down, the output voltage drops until they warm up again. Use the timer feature of the Pulsar.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

As a charger it is very good. But to avoid hurting anyone's feelings I won't coment on the other features Their are better values to be had that is for sure.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

I'ev had one about 6 weeks and so far am very happy with it.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

olev thanks for the reply but i must say i have a turbo 35 and i can repeak with it till the cows come home and it peak detects just fine? i think he is going to return it for something else. he cant afford to have this thing fry a pack because it was not made or designed with himh in mind. why is it the turbo 35 has no problems with the peak detect on a repeak but the lrp does? maybe a bug in the software? they need to fix that asap..we all try real hard to get them up before we race but sometimes we like to hit them one more time for good lucks sake,lol.

here is what would be the ultiamte charger..ac/dc dis-charges at up to 30 amps..charges all types of cells up to 10 amps motor run up feature up to 20 amps..up to 10 minute lock out feature..5 volt output to run lathes..no bigger than a turbo 35 is now..oh yeah and under 350.00 would be nice also.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Doesn't the Integy 16X9 have those features?

BTW, no problem repeaking with my pulsar.

Later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.