Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya's Track Achievements >

Tamiya's Track Achievements

Tamiya's Track Achievements

Old 06-05-2007, 08:57 AM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
TA05ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 76
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tamiya's Track Achievements

I am a Tamiya freak! So, am really curious on Tamiya's track achievements in international events thus far. Hope you guys can fill up on the details - chronologically.

Will start the ball rolling here, I may be wrong and I am sure there are more.

Title - Chassis - Driver

2002 3rd IFMAR ISTC WC - TRF414M - Surikarn Chaidajsuriya
2002 TITC - ??? - Surikarn Chaidajsuriya
2004 LRP TCM TRF415 Marc Rheinard
2004 4th IFMAR ISTC WC - TRF415MS - Marc Rheinard
2006 LRP TCM TRF415MSX?? Marc Rheinard
2007 Reedy ROC TRF415MSXX - Marc Rheinard
TA05ers is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM
  #2  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 20
Default

Marc also won the euro's in 2005 and the TITC as well that year with TRF415MSX.He also won the worlds warm up and The DHI Cup 2005 and 2006.For the last couple of years he won pretty much everything with the TRF415 MSX and MRE.He won the Reedy Race the last 2 years as well.I might be wrong but i think that's about it m8.
MSX Mad is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 AM
  #3  
Tech Adept
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
Posts: 244
Default

You should build a anondized blue shrine somewhere so all the Tamiya freaks on the planet can face it 5 times a day in prayer.

What is it about Tamiya that invokes such an obsession? I've never understood it.
RobertV is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
 
RC Scoring Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Elm Grove, WI (Milwaukee area) USA
Posts: 2,010
Default

Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
You should build a anondized blue shrine somewhere so all the Tamiya freaks on the planet can face it 5 times a day in prayer.

What is it about Tamiya that invokes such an obsession? I've never understood it.
Robert, nice avatar, is that your new drivers license photo
RC Scoring Pro is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 AM
  #5  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
hierog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 893
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
You should build a anondized blue shrine somewhere so all the Tamiya freaks on the planet can face it 5 times a day in prayer.

What is it about Tamiya that invokes such an obsession? I've never understood it.

LOL, i know you hate it when John and I show up at speedworld! It's something about the Japanese air that rushes out of a NIB Tamiya Kit that gets me.
And the fact is, if your gear looks great and matches, you race better!

BTW, it's only 4 times a day - 6am, high noon, 3pm and 9pm. Make sure your facing South (towards Aliso Viejo!)

Last edited by hierog; 06-05-2007 at 11:01 AM.
hierog is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:24 AM
  #6  
Tech Adept
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
Posts: 244
Default

LOL! Right on man, glad you have a sense of humor about your addiction.

The first step to recovery.. is admitting you have a problem!
RobertV is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:27 AM
  #7  
Tech Adept
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
Posts: 244
Default

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro View Post
Robert, nice avatar, is that your new drivers license photo
Don't hate on Richardson! You obviously have never enjoyed the show Deadwood that ran on HBO. (best series produced for television ever)
RobertV is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
  #8  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TA05ers View Post
I am a Tamiya freak! So, am really curious on Tamiya's track achievements in international events thus far. Hope you guys can fill up on the details - chronologically.

Will start the ball rolling here, I may be wrong and I am sure there are more.

Title - Chassis - Driver

2002 3rd IFMAR ISTC WC - TRF414M - Surikarn Chaidajsuriya
2002 TITC - ??? - Surikarn Chaidajsuriya
2004 LRP TCM TRF415 Marc Rheinard
2004 4th IFMAR ISTC WC - TRF415MS - Marc Rheinard
2006 LRP TCM TRF415MSX?? Marc Rheinard
2007 Reedy ROC TRF415MSXX - Marc Rheinard

Don't forget, In 1996, David Jun won Tamiya's first International TC Car Championship Title driving a TA03 chassis design, that had the motor hanging over the front of the car. To comemorate the victory, Tamiya came out with the David Jun TA03 Champinoship Kit, 58200. This kit is quite collectable and rare today.
Tsquare is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 10:12 AM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,782
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Don't hate on Richardson! You obviously have never enjoyed the show Deadwood that ran on HBO. (best series produced for television ever)
100% correct
Josh Hohnstein is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 12:16 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
Leester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wrong Planet
Posts: 1,055
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tsquare View Post
Don't forget, In 1996, David Jun won Tamiya's first International TC Car Championship Title driving a TA03 chassis design, that had the motor hanging over the front of the car. To comemorate the victory, Tamiya came out with the David Jun TA03 Champinoship Kit, 58200. This kit is quite collectable and rare today.
marc also won the 2005 GP Batteries Carpet world cup. and won reedy last year.
Leester is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
  #11  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
TA05ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 76
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Well, Tamiya is definitely a more commercialised brand compared to the rest. I guess it's either you love it or you hate it. No in between.

Hierog, I agree with you that if your gear looks good and matches, you race better. And I like things which are blue...

The idea about an anodized blue shrine? That would be good idea.

Anyway, to summarise on tamiya's track record.

Title - Chassis - Driver

1996 Int'l TC Championship - TA03 - David Jun
2002 3rd IFMAR ISTC WC - TRF414M - Surikarn Chaidajsuriya
2002 TITC - ??? - Surikarn Chaidajsuriya
2004 LRP TCM TRF415 Marc Rheinard
2004 4th IFMAR ISTC WC - TRF415MS - Marc Rheinard
2005 Euro - TRF415MSX - Marc Rheinard
2005 TITC - TRF415MSX - Marc Rheinard
2005 DHI Cup - TRF415MSX - Marc Rheinard
2005 GP Batteries Carpet WC - TRF415MSX - Marc Rheinard
2006 DHI Cup - TRF415MSX - Marc Rheinard
2006 LRP TCM TRF415MSX Marc Rheinard
2006 Reedy ROC TRF415MSX MRE - Marc Rheinard
2007 Reedy ROC TRF415MSXX - Marc Rheinard


Anymore?
TA05ers is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 02:56 AM
  #12  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 20
Default

2006 GP Carpet World Cup Marc Rheinard TRF 415 MSX
MSX Mad is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 03:02 AM
  #13  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

quick correction... the RROC 07 car was an MRE with bits of MSXX on it (top deck mainly), if it helps
415 info
TryHard is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 03:02 AM
  #14  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Didn't they have a major win with the 414M2 and the EVO as well?
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:10 AM
  #15  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: England
Posts: 421
Default

2002 was the 2nd ISTC World Champs. [2000 in Yatabe Arena was 1st, 1998 was only a world cup and hence not a WC] And hence 2004 was the 3rd World Champ.

At the 2002 even Surikarn used the 414M2.
Bigger Brother is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.