R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-20-2003, 04:11 PM   #31
Tech Master

you guys are funny as all heck! what shaft drive car is the best? no brainer guys..the tc3 has won more major races in the last 6 months than all three of those cars you have listed. not to mention parts availability..what car other than the tc3 are you going to be able to run into the hobby shop and buy parts for it in seconds? what shaft car has been out for years before these immitators? this thread is a bad joke. i'm sorry but the tc3 will be in the winners circle at more major races this year than any other touring car combined! after market parts you say? yup tc3 wins that hands down also. when you boyz dont win this year you all can blame it on those toy cars you own! tc3 rulez!
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 04:50 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
you guys are funny as all heck! what shaft drive car is the best? no brainer guys..the tc3 has won more major races in the last 6 months than all three of those cars you have listed. not to mention parts availability..what car other than the tc3 are you going to be able to run into the hobby shop and buy parts for it in seconds? what shaft car has been out for years before these immitators? this thread is a bad joke. i'm sorry but the tc3 will be in the winners circle at more major races this year than any other touring car combined! after market parts you say? yup tc3 wins that hands down also. when you boyz dont win this year you all can blame it on those toy cars you own! tc3 rulez!

Uummm OK
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 05:31 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just to clear the air and no insult meant....The TC3 was not the first shaft drive car. That honor actually belongs to Tamiya. As for the TC3 being ONE of the best....you're right.That's undeniable. But let's be realistic.....other cars are as well built if not better. As for parts availability and aftermarket....well that depends on where you race in the world. Ask JDM(Dave) and he'll be glad to explain that in japan( a huge market) the TC3 is not as popular as Tamiya, Alex and others. Aftermarket parts....again...different market. The TC3 is a damn good car but it's only one of a group of very good cars.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:15 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have a TC3, its my first car, and i love it very much, but it just lacks the little things in my opinion... and the others being newer models, have improved on the shortcomings of the TC3...

i think whichever car brings out the better in you is the best car...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:54 AM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to RideRed98

R2 owns...thats a vote for me
RideRed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 01:08 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoracer
right.That's undeniable. But let's be realistic.....other cars are as well built if not better. As for parts availability and aftermarket....well that depends on where you race in the world. Ask JDM(Dave) and he'll be glad to explain that in japan( a huge market) the TC3 is not as popular as Tamiya, Alex and others. .
before rctech i've never heard of the TC3...well that might be me....but the brands i was familiar with were...kyosho, tamiya, yokomo and xray...
davioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 01:12 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

and sure...it wins some races...but it's not the car...it's the driver
Old 04-21-2003, 03:46 AM   #38
TC3
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Aku-Man
Dude, one vote per member ONLY.
yes, but i ve got 4 votes, because i am a very good driver
so here is another vote for the R2
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:46 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Rather than votes, I would like to see some regular comparisions.

As far as I can see, both the Cuda and Yoke, got far more adjustment, when it comes to camber links. Actually, it seems like Tamiya "downgraded" the the EvoIII with the Sulikarn, when it comes to camber links in the rear.

Which car is the the easiest to work on, the Yoke have real good diff access, but what about the others?
Old 04-21-2003, 05:05 AM   #40
Tech Fanatic

the evo 3's rear diff case is easy to remove...5 screws and ur done...front are a bit mroe cuz of the bumper
Old 04-21-2003, 06:01 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just 2 screws on the sd to have access to the diffs .plus the bumper screw on the front
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 06:12 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

damn...unfair!! haha...is it a possiblity that we can just tape on the gear cases?
Old 04-22-2003, 02:26 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys,
OK I'm going to out on a limb here but in my opinion I don't think the reason why the TC3 gets to the podium so often is that its superior to all other chassis on the market, instead I think its mostly the sheer numbers of people using them.
And why are so many using TC3's?? Well I think that has a lot to do with a good network of distributors and availability of parts as well as good advertising. You will also notice that it is only in the USA that it "dominates".
In asia and Japan the dominating cars are the Yokomo's, Tamiya's etc.
I think in the U.S. the TC3 is dominating because of its wide availability and parts back up. In Asia and other areas from what I read the TC3 does not enjoy the same domination.

I think a good driver will prove himself with any top Touring Car Chassis he chooses to use.
Sure some chassis have certain design features that may make them easier to work on or easier to tune but I think in the end its the driver that wins the day.

I like these comparisons but in reality I think that all they prove is what is the most popular car of the bunch.

Just a quick example... if I asked every one which chassis they would choose between the Tamiya TB Evo II (not the Evo III), TC3 and the Xray Evo 2 I bet most people would say that the Xray wins hands down or the TC3 is the one to get. The Tamiya TB Evo II would hardly get a mention.....
In reality, in New Zealand the Tamiya TB EvoII took out the first place in the recent 2003 Nationals in Stock Class and came second in the Modified Class losing to a driver of a Losi XXX-S.

Any way these are just my thoughts so please don't shoot me

Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:42 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Bang! I shot you...

No, seriously, what you said is very, very true.

For the record, where I live - Denmark, Europe - there's just a few TC3's. HPI have been very well represented, and XRay, Tamiya and Schumacher are also well represented. In my local area, there's a relation between what the LHS carry and whats in the clubs !

Personally, I choose from those factors: Availability, tunability, ease to work on, ridgity and price. Look/feel/quality/tease means something too. I like to be different. And there are cars I would never buy, because I simply dont like what I see.

This is a hobby and it's about having fun. So it's all down to get something you like, learn it to get the most out of it and driving style. Knowing your driving style and car insde and out, can take you a very, very long way...

Have fun.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:54 AM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Bang! I shot you...

No, seriously, what you said is very, very true.

For the record, where I live - Denmark, Europe - there's just a few TC3's. HPI have been very well represented, and XRay, Tamiya and Schumacher are also well represented. In my local area, there's a relation between what the LHS carry and whats in the clubs !

Personally, I choose from those factors: Availability, tunability, ease to work on, ridgity and price. Look/feel/quality/tease means something too. I like to be different. And there are cars I would never buy, because I simply dont like what I see.

This is a hobby and it's about having fun. So it's all down to get something you like, learn it to get the most out of it and driving style. Knowing your driving style and car insde and out, can take you a very, very long way...

Have fun.
Bingo!! The defence rests your Honour
Well summed up Cole

Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote