R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-19-2003, 10:05 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default You can't really vote on this unless.....

You have driven all three cars to compare. Even if you have driven all three cars, the best is very subjective. It's like Ford or GM or neither. And if you are really want to be objective, it will be the TC3, hands down, based on all the national and world championships under its belt. Just my $0.02

Last edited by elnitro; 04-19-2003 at 10:12 AM.
elnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 02:11 PM   #17
TC3
Tech Regular

I have driven all three cars, and have to say, that the barracuda is the best. so here is my second vote for the R2 ( i have two votes! ), but surikarn is a very nice guy.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 02:24 PM   #18

I always have this question and nobody answering it. R2 and Evo2 have the same motor and battery setting, so R2 should have same problem like Evo2 right? If not, why?
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 02:30 PM   #19
TC3
Tech Regular

the r2 doesnt have any tourquesteer..
if u wnat u can use the pal conversion, it has the same motor position as the evo3..
Old 04-19-2003, 02:34 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well if you truely want to have a vote for "the best" then you can't dismiss a car because you personnally don't like it.....

There are many thousands of people that will argue in favor of the TC3......

Preformance per dollar........ TC3
Ease of tuning....... TC3
Ease of use........ TC3
parts availability......... TC3
style........ yes the other cars are prettier
Hop-ups........ TC3
Durability......... If your a total hack the TC3 is a little fragile, BUT I have raced them on and off for 3 years and have replaced maybe 4 sets of arms, and 1 suspension in carrier...... thru about 3-4 hundred battery packs!!!!

elnitro- the TC3 has yet to win a worlds title, however it does hold national ttles in electric and nitro forms......

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 02:52 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Well if you truely want to have a vote for "the best" then you can't dismiss a car because you personnally don't like it.....

There are many thousands of people that will argue in favor of the TC3......

Ease of tuning....... TC3
Ease of use........ TC3
parts availability......... TC3
Hop-ups........ TC3
Durability......... If your a total hack the TC3 is a little fragile, BUT I have raced them on and off for 3 years and have replaced maybe 4 sets of arms, and 1 suspension in carrier...... thru about 3-4 hundred battery packs!!!!

elnitro- the TC3 has yet to win a worlds title, however it does hold national ttles in electric and nitro forms......
All very good points...but,,,
for example
Ease of tuning....... TC3(the R2 is right there with it I'm sure the SD will be there too)
Ease of use........ TC3(also true but the R2 is good right out of the Box)
parts availability......... TC3( this comes down to what country you live in also.. )
Hop-ups........ TC3( But why would you want to buy 1 million hop ups for a car ) j/k
Durability......... If your a total hack the TC3 is a little fragile, BUT I have raced them on and off for 3 years and have replaced maybe 4 sets of arms, and 1 suspension in carrier...... thru about 3-4 hundred battery packs!!!! ( also this is great...but this is your driving style... lets say you have your joe rookie that wants th get the latest and greatest TC on the market...I would think that durability has to have some roll in your desision...the EVOIII took a beating by most Japanese Magazines due to the Sh!tty front gear that had problems..)

But Like I said before.... most of these Shaft Drive Cars that are out there now are "ALL" good and each have there weak points...there is no "Super Shaft TC" that is the Perfect one ....

My 2 bit's again
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 03:13 PM   #22

TC3, Where can I find more info about PAL stuff.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:28 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

I kind of think these topic's are pointless, they are all good cars but it always comes down to the person behind the wheel.
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:42 AM   #24
Tech Elite

yes it's pointless.
but actually more like a survey of which is more popular and have higher ownership(this doesnt necessarily mean a better car)
altho i voted for the Evo , i'm tryin to sell it off to get an SD(for easier parts and support).ironic huh?
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 05:53 AM   #25
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Vote Barracuda

Barracuda all the way
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 08:03 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well, I've only driven an EVO 3 but that makes no difference...I'd still vote for the Tamiya !!! It's a Tamiya thing !!!
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 11:26 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

why no AE?

anyway, i vote for the yokomo MR-4TC SD
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 12:04 PM   #28
TC3
Tech Regular

ok, here is my 3rd vote for the barracuda !
barracuda is now leading !
Old 04-20-2003, 12:16 PM   #29

Dude, one vote per member ONLY.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:14 PM   #30

Some people like to judge by driving experience, durability, and performance. Other people like to judge by the desigen, look, and the experience with the manufacuturer. Here's what I think: I think all three car are equal by durability and performance. For driving experience, you really cannot judge by that because it depends on driver. Each driver have different driving habit and the way they drive. I haven't drove all three car, so I just judge by their designs. It's also very hard to choose because I like all three cars. For R2, I give it 10 of 10 for special unique design. The only thing that keeping me away are steering, battery, and motor setting. Battery and motor are not the problems because you can converted to other side like most shaft car. I don't know why R2 use turnbuckle shaft between two steering. Which make very hard to adjusted to make two steering perfectly parallel to each other. That make it has 4 points to adjusted plus the one from servo. I have HPI RS4 Pro2 before and it uses the same thing. I really hate it. Yokomo use it on their SD too, but SD use the latested stuff. Like SSG and newly develope bearings. If Tamiya not release the Surikarn Evo3, I will choose SD or R2 over regular Evo 3 because the front gear problem and look. I have 414mII and I enjoy working on it. Evo3 use the same suspension as 414m, so they can share parts. That is the main thing I choose Surikarn Evo 3. I hope the front gear problem is fixed on Surikarn Evo 3.

Last edited by Aku-Man; 04-20-2003 at 01:42 PM.