R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Definatly not a one-way up front. I have adjusted the setting on it myself. Nothing is binding, and as per recommendations, I have increased the throttle trim a little to stop excessive drag brake.
TimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:18 AM   #17
Tech Adept

I had bought a second hand trf415 and had the same problem it had diffs in the front and back. The problem was the diffs. Make sure that they aren't over tight I backed mine of half a turn and never had the trouble again, hope this helps.
16skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

I forgot this car was set-up for carpet at one point. The droop screws were screwed in really far, which I am guessing was causing the rear and to lift.

Should I back them all the way out so they do not contact the chassis? Or leave them partly in?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Droop settings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
I forgot this car was set-up for carpet at one point. The droop screws were screwed in really far, which I am guessing was causing the rear and to lift.

Should I back them all the way out so they do not contact the chassis? Or leave them partly in?
If you don't have the maunual to set your droop, I would set the arms so they are at least paralllel to the bottom of the chassis and equal to each other,from left to right. Although 3mm is a good starting point for the rear! I also measure from the top of the axle to the bottom of a tweek board or table without the tires on of coarse just to make sure they are equal from left to right. Front droop is usually more, around 4mm.
Just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 06-05-2007 at 02:53 PM.
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I had this same problem with my T2. Here's what fixed the problem:

1. Slighty increase the front end dampening (1 less piston hole open or slightly thicker oil or slightly stiffer spring or make the front shock more upright on the shock tower).

2. Increase rear droop (about 3 over ride height seems to work pretty well for most people).

The problem was that the car was transfering so much weight to the front end during turn-in that it was picking up the inside rear tire. Once that happens it will try to come around on you. Increasing the rear droop will give a little further to go before it tries to pick up and increasing the front dampening will keep it from transfering so much weight forward. Do it in small increments and I'll bet you'll see results.
qwkpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Tim,

The best advice I can give is for you to ask for some help from one of your local fast drivers. Preferably one that uses a T2.

Next to that, I'd recommend posting your *entire* setup in the XRAY Forum Setup Online Setup Sheets. It would be better for all of us to understand how your car is setup first. Then we'll be able to provide more focused advice.
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:55 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the help guys. I reset the droop on the car to 3.5mm in the rear, and 4mm up front, and the car was practically on rails. A very slight push, but it was managable, and really didn't hurt me much. Went from 21 laps last week, to just shy of 24 this week. If I wouldn't have been an idiot and put the car on the lid once, I would have had the 24th for sure.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #23
Tech Master

I tried foams on asphalt last week (rubbers aren't here yet). I've come up with a few reasons to not run foams on asphalt.

1. Running 5mm ride height, I was doing good to get 2.5mm droop, and often could only get 1.5mm droop.
2. Lots of time spent between rounds setting ride height and droop.
3. The car was COATED in dry foam powder/dust. I've never seen anything like it, and it's definitely a different kind of foam remnant than I saw on carpet.
4. Wheels cut the front lower shock captured end when in the outer arm position. This was severe - much worse than foam wheels cutting the rear lower shock captured ends when in the outer arm position.
5. Good luck getting the right rollout for a 13.5 brushless on 53mm tires.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
I tried foams on asphalt last week (rubbers aren't here yet). I've come up with a few reasons to not run foams on asphalt.

1. Running 5mm ride height, I was doing good to get 2.5mm droop, and often could only get 1.5mm droop.
2. Lots of time spent between rounds setting ride height and droop.
3. The car was COATED in dry foam powder/dust. I've never seen anything like it, and it's definitely a different kind of foam remnant than I saw on carpet.
4. Wheels cut the front lower shock captured end when in the outer arm position. This was severe - much worse than foam wheels cutting the rear lower shock captured ends when in the outer arm position.
5. Good luck getting the right rollout for a 13.5 brushless on 53mm tires.
Guys around here like it. They call it super touring class. BL, lipo and nitro foams. All the speed of nitro and none of the mess.

Were you running carpet or nitro foams?
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #25
Tech Master

Small carpet foams
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote