Wiki Posts
Search

best stock motor tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
He did? ...I've been running my same brushless 13.5 and 4300 since September of last year with no issues.

yes he did

and well that makes it better!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
Hey EA.

How about Cleveland? No cranking and swapping...

I know there was no checkin...

I also know there was some jiggin... right?
actually cleveland does tear downs we didn't have a guage for timing on the arm until this year just so you know we tryed to get one last year and we were put on a waiting list.But I have the guage in my hand as we speak.

Last edited by bill941; 06-04-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Yap this motor is the best money can buy after 7 years fo racing I have enough of brushed motor. I've been running my Novak Brushless system since last year (september) I have no issues of what so ever. I just have to upgrade my 4300 with a sintered rotor and thats it. There is a few people at my track that's complaint about some of us run brushless and for them it's it's not fair, But Lap times is between brushed and brushless is Identical it's just the reiaibility of the motor, Effeciency and not to mention you don't have to cut the comm every heat to be eompetitive.
Yep I agree, I put my brushed stuff in last weekend as I have to start thinking about the ROAR Nats, and I won 19T (2nd place was also brushed) and came in second in stock (1st place was also a brushed car), lap times were faster with the brushed motors. I do however have 9 motors I now have to cut/brush/zap after that weekend
Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A perfect setup on your car will get you alot further then a pro built stock motor.. After a run or two there setup is gone, and you have to rebuild it yourself.. The only thing you get by buying a tuned motor is hopefully you got a solid motor to keep rebuilding.. Ive had good and bad from certain bulders.. the thing i hate most is getting a motor with a .275 com.. if the com isnt in the .290 range and strong, the motor in my eyes is junk.. Com truing is an old trick some places do to increase power.. My fastest motors are all big coms.. Get the bushings right, the brushes seated, align the hodds, and find the magnetic feaild the the motor will run fine..
Old 06-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Yep I agree, I put my brushed stuff in last weekend as I have to start thinking about the ROAR Nats, and I won 19T (2nd place was also brushed) and came in second in stock (1st place was also a brushed car), lap times were faster with the brushed motors. I do however have 9 motors I now have to cut/brush/zap after that weekend

well which do u like more?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
well which do u like more?
...I put the brushless back in last week
Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Legend

Funny .....
Old 06-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I agree with that but there is nothing I EVER Do to my motors that isnt legal at a big race or at a club race, and none of this takes more than a couple minutes and under 100 dollars. Minus the zapper of course. You need a bushing reamer and a hood aligner. That is all.
Where can I get hold of a bushing reamer?
I had all the other various aligning tools etc but I can't do anything with the bushes at the moment (other than polish etc)

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Where can I get hold of a bushing reamer?
you can get standard machine shop reamers from either industrial hardware stores, or even McMaster Carr online. I use the 0.1250, as it's mainly for deburring the hole from mfg more than anything else.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

haha yeah i bet... ohhh well i just need to find 300 bucks, then im good
Old 06-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Without looking back at all of the pages, I would suggest there are a number of good stock motor tuners - with Team Kwik being who I use.

The key point is that you want a tuner who isn't trying to sell you their brushes.

There are different correct brushes for different applications.

Every decent motor tuner will do a good zap (attempting timing from the zapper doesn't work - I have my own zapper and have tried).

All you really want from a good stock motor tuner is a good zap, a good com cut, the correct brushes/springs for what you are asking for and, most importantly, making sure the brushes align and throwing out the bad ones they get from Trinity (or wherever).

Anything else they might commit to is fake.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

More national titles then most teams......and I have nor any of my guys ever reamed a bushing.....u will never get it straight......pointless....

Later EddieO
Old 06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Suspended

Zapping does nothing to a "new motor" so why even offer it..
EVERYTHING IS OEM from trinity so what you get is what "everybody gets"...
All motor tuners are on the same page when they open the case of motors for the first time..

It all comes down to prefrence of the motor company of what brush/spring to push on its customers..
Old 06-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Zapping does nothing to a "new motor" so why even offer it..
EVERYTHING IS OEM from trinity so what you get is what "everybody gets"...
All motor tuners are on the same page when they open the case of motors for the first time..

It all comes down to prefrence of the motor company of what brush/spring to push on its customers..
Yea they are hoping for the most motors with the best tolerances out of the batch...lol
Old 06-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
More national titles then most teams......and I have nor any of my guys ever reamed a bushing.....u will never get it straight......pointless....

Later EddieO

Does your head have a hard time fitting through doorways????lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.