R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #91

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
team brood is the only dang motors they carry, i guess that does make them a little popular. and being on the track at the same time as trav isn't really "running" with him.
Last time I was at SIR we were not the only thing on the shelf, much to my chagrin.. What makes us popular is that we're the fastest motors they carry.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #92
Tech Adept

so where else have you "raced". uumm not FW, not TRCR, not SARCAR, not RAIN city, not Hobbytown, not redmond or atomic hobbies, not peel it, where else might you have gotten your experience from besides SIR. if you did it wasn't around here. it doesn't matter how many cars youv'e "owned" before the xray, not of them have any track time. YOU can use all the semantics you want, but we can read what your not saying.

now i will take your advise and shut up. i am done.
vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #93
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolas View Post
Last time I was at SIR we were not the only thing on the shelf, much to my chagrin.. What makes us popular is that we're the fastest motors they carry.

your right i stand corrected. but you are the only "motor tuner" brand they carry. no HV, no axiom, no EA, no Kwik, no, no, no
vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #94
Tech Legend

At all the races I attend, Axiom rules and the Brood`s drool ....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #95
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

ok guys i just wanted to know who has the good tuned motors, not a flame war

i have to read all the posts just to make shure no one has said anything else and its all just to flame someone

anyways, i will order that motor today i hope
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #96
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I had too..LOL

To be honest all of us are well. Just choose whom you fell the best with.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #97
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post

I had too..LOL

To be honest all of us are well. Just choose whom you fell the best with.
Well put Tag.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #98
Tech Elite

ok then

well what do tuners do to polish the comms? would a dremel or something with a polishing bit in it work? it would atleast clean off the comm wouldnt it?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #99
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
ok then

well what do tuners do to polish the comms? would a dremel or something with a polishing bit in it work? it would atleast clean off the comm wouldnt it?
they cut the comm with a lathe. if you plan on switching to brushless in the very near future, don't buy one.

if you ask around at the track next time you're there, i'm sure somebody will cut your motors for you.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussB View Post
they cut the comm with a lathe. if you plan on switching to brushless in the very near future, don't buy one.

if you ask around at the track next time you're there, i'm sure somebody will cut your motors for you.

i already got it cut once.... not near future i dont think really... 270 bucks is a jip imo, waaay to much for what it is, i mean a mamba max is 160.... kinda dumb... unless there new ss stuff is better
Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #101
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

Quote:
i already got it cut once.... not near future i dont think really... 270 bucks is a jip imo, waaay to much for what it is, i mean a mamba max is 160.... kinda dumb... unless there new ss stuff is better
and the mamba max doesn't have an available accepted stock or 19t equivalent. the novak setup is a bargain, especially when compared to the price of a brushed motor, esc, lathe, spare brushes, motor tuning crap, motor runner, etc...

yes, the mamba max setup is cheaper. but lets think about this... you bought a moore speed cyclone. why? there are cheaper cars out there. there's the cyclone s, and on paper it does the exact same thing as your car but at half the price.

ask around next time you're at the track. there's a reason the novak stuff is the local standard.

not to knock you, but frankly it doesn't matter what tuned stock motor you get for the speedworld cup... it will have absolutely 0 impact on how you do. the driver is the most important part at your level. TRACK TIME!!! get some TRACK TIME before the race and it will pay off 10x more than a faster motor will. even if you can only make it out for a few runs, or nobody else is there, track time is what will make the difference.

and when you get to the point where the extra power will matter, you'll have enough experience under your belt that you could probably tune up a decent stocker yourself.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #102
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussB View Post
and the mamba max doesn't have an available accepted stock or 19t equivalent. the novak setup is a bargain, especially when compared to the price of a brushed motor, esc, lathe, spare brushes, motor tuning crap, motor runner, etc...

yes, the mamba max setup is cheaper. but lets think about this... you bought a moore speed cyclone. why? there are cheaper cars out there. there's the cyclone s, and on paper it does the exact same thing as your car but at half the price.

ask around next time you're at the track. there's a reason the novak stuff is the local standard.

not to knock you, but frankly it doesn't matter what tuned stock motor you get for the speedworld cup... it will have absolutely 0 impact on how you do. the driver is the most important part at your level. TRACK TIME!!! get some TRACK TIME before the race and it will pay off 10x more than a faster motor will. even if you can only make it out for a few runs, or nobody else is there, track time is what will make the difference.

and when you get to the point where the extra power will matter, you'll have enough experience under your belt that you could probably tune up a decent stocker yourself.

i know that....... im just saying its kinda stupid i mean lrp, and tekin (i think) have sensorless bl race spec motors and speedos, well i just dont get why there is no stock spec one, there all mod.... yes i could have bought a different car, but almost 300 bucks for a speedo and motor, and billy says i will have to replace the motor alot because they ware out... i mean wow

and i am, im going a few times next week, its just this motor when i firt got it i soldered it up and the solder dripped, and they dripped onto the lil peice of metal that goes from the screw to the endbell, and that happened on bolth sides and i tested it and it SPARKED HUGE, so i just think theres something wrong with it...... i have 82 bucks for racing, usually my dad will pay the fee, so that and i still have 3 more free practices... but if u all dont think mine is screwed up then i will run it

Last edited by BlackedOutREVO; 06-04-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #103
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own View Post
Wow.

What I said the other day needed to be said... Hopefully it raised the awareness of what was happening in stock racing at the end of the 06 season. I say this because just before Novak things began to improve but there still not wear they need to be to get things leveled out!

H.C.
Unfortunately, you are right on about the spec class and it has been like this for a while. Cranking the arm wasn't new. Zapping magnets, adding timing a bit here and there all add up to where we were at right before the last Novak race. People were doing amazing lap time and of course they are top drivers too, you start to wonder why all their lap time fall off half a second as soon as Scott start checking timing. At the end of the day, the faster drivers still win but it's nice to know we are dealing with a level playing field. It's really up to the race director and tech to check motors, people start doing funny things and they have all kind of excuses LOL.
RickyIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:53 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
billy says i will have to replace the motor alot because they ware out
He did? ...I've been running my same brushless 13.5 and 4300 since September of last year with no issues.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy View Post
He did? ...I've been running my same brushless 13.5 and 4300 since September of last year with no issues.
Yap this motor is the best money can buy after 7 years fo racing I have enough of brushed motor. I've been running my Novak Brushless system since last year (september) I have no issues of what so ever. I just have to upgrade my 4300 with a sintered rotor and thats it. There is a few people at my track that's complaint about some of us run brushless and for them it's it's not fair, But Lap times is between brushed and brushless is Identical it's just the reiaibility of the motor, Effeciency and not to mention you don't have to cut the comm every heat to be eompetitive.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote