R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Wild Cherry- Didn't mean you, I was talking about March to My Own.
KyLayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #47
Tech Legend

It`s all good ....

I get a bit heated bout all this..

Been 2 year`s sense I raced in a stock class, never will race the class again until I know it becomes a race of equal speed again....

Roar could impose a power limit , but NOOOOO !!!!!

They won`t !!!!

That would only be too easy to do, and make stock a competitive class again...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #48
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
yep, we all cheat....thats it. Did you see my guys at cleveland.....we didn't have a very good weekend......our stuff just didn't have it that weekend.....

There was no need to crank any comms lately, as some have as much as 10 degrees in them straight from the factory......you can see it with a naked eye....

At the Novak race, they started enforcing a max degree tolerance.....snowbirds did the same, as did carpet nats. Travis's 19t motor was torn down two times, after his tq run and his win.....passed the comm check both times with the guage they had, which is very very accurate.

While its not well known, at the Vegas race....they had a comm measuring tool, but were not really enforcing a limit, because of the production tolerances they measured on the handouts before the race. Travis TQed the 3rd round of stock touring, but during teardown, there was a small chip missing out of the bottom side of comm lock.....the lock itself was not broke, in fact the chip was on the back side, where is would not even chip if you tried to crank it. Trav's car stuttered at the end of the 2nd round run, so we think something got bound up in the motor and came out.....garrett did not notice the chip and just rebuilt the motor.....Scotty's staff noticed the chip and the discussion began. Even Jim Dieter threw in his 2 cents and said it wasn't twisted, but was either a factory defect or something nicked it while running. In the end, they threw out the run and the motor was removed from the race. We grabbed his back up motor.....I had it measured BEFORE the 4th round, it came out at 1 degrees advanced (within roar specs) and way less that the 4-8 degrees most motors had. They also marked it with a special ink....the thing had a frickin loose wind on it that I pushed towards the center to prevent it from hitting the magnets. I told them flat out, watch, he will destroy that previous tq......using the same pack from the 3rd round, trav destroyed the TQ again.....the motor was torn down, measured the same....and had the mark. This was repeated in the main as well.....passed with flying colors.

The measuring tool I have is the same one scotty uses at the novak and vegas.....Stephen sobtokka's dad made it, the thing is very trick and highly accurate...besides Scotty, I was the first to get one of these from Stephen's dad.....wasn't cheap.

ANY day, you want to come to my shop, I will let you open a brand new case and teardown as many as you want.......you will see how some are + or -....up to degrees or more both ways.....the 19t stuff is worse.

None of our drivers get hand picked motors.....we send all team guys unbuilt stuff in most cases.....we don't cherry pick, never have, never will.

Building a fast stocker is easy if you know what you are doing and take the time.....a little effort goes a long long way.

If anything, if we were cranking, it would be DOWN.....to get the motors within compliance so we didn't get a DQ....

Later EddieO
Eddie0, send me a few of those twisted motor i don't care about tech i just want to go fast, guys Eddie0 and EA are good guys just let it be.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
Eddie0, send me a few of those twisted motor i don't care about tech i just want to go fast, guys Eddie0 and EA are good guys just let it be.
EddieO, EA, Latif, Sarquis, Shawn at Kwik, Goop from Hurricane, They're all great guys and they all do great work without cheating. Some people just hate losing......
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to turd ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own
Someone needs to be made an example of. I'll be happy to fuel the fire at Clevland this year!

Hose' Consequo
I'm buying a front row seat for this. I wouldn't miss it for anything.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #51
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
EddieO, EA, Latif, Sarquis, Shawn at Kwik, Goop from Hurricane, They're all great guys and they all do great work without cheating. Some people just hate losing......
I bought a whole tray of motors from Sarquis at a great price, and they run great!

Haven't been able to get a hold of him lately to thank him, unfortunately.
Ass Toot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #52
Suspended

I put on my robe and wizard hat.....
bloodninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #53
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_boy
Hey BlackedOut-

Don't forget the value in the customer service you receive from most of these guys.

I had a CO27 from EA die on it's first run from a mysterious short. Eric replaced the arm and sent it back to me at HIS cost - Try getting the one you buy from the hobbyshop replaced after you've installed it.

Their motors ARE better, and most of these guys will help you out even if you don't buy anything from them.

Well worth the extra 5 bucks in my opinion.

well billy (track owner) i know for shure would! but idk, i will try the brood, and if i dotn like it then boo hoo i spent 5 more bucks on it lol....
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

team broad is good and the motors rock!
racingboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingboy14
team broad is good and the motors rock!
Is team Broad some chick that tunes motors? Is she hot?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Is team Broad some chick that tunes motors? Is she hot?

if u want it to be that way
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Brood put out a great product. Garrett, EddieO, Wes and Jeff have always taken care of me. I would recommend the products they sell to anyone and would let anyone teardown any of the motors I get from them. These guys are great and all the motor tuners outthere have too much to lose to be accused or caught cheating. keep up the great work guys and see you all in Vegas.

Larry Tom
tofuburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

just dont buy axiom, they will rip you off. bought 2 blueprint motors from them, and thought id check them. first comms had 2.5 thou taper so had not been trued from factory. neither had perfect brush alignment. and one was not shimed correct,rang them up and was told you cant always line up brushes correctly. then dont call it a blueprint if you cant blueprint it .shame axiom shame. do any tuners actually balance the arms, becuase i have never seen one redrilled and ive seen lots, and some definatly vibrate more than others.
lignum vitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #59
Tech Master

MARCH TO MY OWN: Would like to know exactly who you are?

Not sure how much experience you have at major races, but like what was said earlier. Any races that I am affiliated with are run with the best tech possible.

Since I started holding National and World Level Events, JAMIE TENNIES Has always been my Lead Tech Offical, He ALWAYS!!! is inspecting and tearing down motors for inspection. Infact, this past weekend at the Reedy race, he torn down a bunch of motors and all passed tech with our timing gauge. I am confident that the events we hold are run with best tech possible.

So when you are generalizing and say the all major races have cheaters. Dont include Our events. Novak IIC ,Reedy.

Thanks,
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Full Throttle Motorsports has some great motors and batteries. Bill has great customer service, and can be contacted here.