Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-01-2007, 10:54 AM   #31
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Team Kwik Send a message via MSN to Team Kwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Nick,

Good post and it is pretty much what I do as well. Tell Shaun Awesome job at the Reedy race! He had me beat in the main by a couple of guys!! LOL

Tell Shaun I'll see him at the next one and you need to come out and play more too!

EA
We haven't settled on what we are going to do for the nats yet but you can expect to see me in Vegas =)

Nick
Old 06-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Everyone knows its not the Motor or the Driving that makes a car fast, its the Stickers . There are some things that go on that are questionable I am sure, it happens in every form of racing at every level. There is a way I know of to Tune a Brushless Motor, if you watch RCTvLive episode 701 or 702, there is a RPM ring just inside the endbell which you can slide to get more torque or horsepower out of the motor.

Last edited by Big B; 06-01-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Should have just made this the plug your sponsors thread
Old 06-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

SteveSteve Bahnatka
Old 06-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #35
Tech Initiate

Hey BlackedOut-

Don't forget the value in the customer service you receive from most of these guys.

I had a CO27 from EA die on it's first run from a mysterious short. Eric replaced the arm and sent it back to me at HIS cost - Try getting the one you buy from the hobbyshop replaced after you've installed it.

Their motors ARE better, and most of these guys will help you out even if you don't buy anything from them.

Well worth the extra 5 bucks in my opinion.
traffic_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #36
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yep, we all cheat....thats it. Did you see my guys at cleveland.....we didn't have a very good weekend......our stuff just didn't have it that weekend.....

There was no need to crank any comms lately, as some have as much as 10 degrees in them straight from the factory......you can see it with a naked eye....

At the Novak race, they started enforcing a max degree tolerance.....snowbirds did the same, as did carpet nats. Travis's 19t motor was torn down two times, after his tq run and his win.....passed the comm check both times with the guage they had, which is very very accurate.

While its not well known, at the Vegas race....they had a comm measuring tool, but were not really enforcing a limit, because of the production tolerances they measured on the handouts before the race. Travis TQed the 3rd round of stock touring, but during teardown, there was a small chip missing out of the bottom side of comm lock.....the lock itself was not broke, in fact the chip was on the back side, where is would not even chip if you tried to crank it. Trav's car stuttered at the end of the 2nd round run, so we think something got bound up in the motor and came out.....garrett did not notice the chip and just rebuilt the motor.....Scotty's staff noticed the chip and the discussion began. Even Jim Dieter threw in his 2 cents and said it wasn't twisted, but was either a factory defect or something nicked it while running. In the end, they threw out the run and the motor was removed from the race. We grabbed his back up motor.....I had it measured BEFORE the 4th round, it came out at 1 degrees advanced (within roar specs) and way less that the 4-8 degrees most motors had. They also marked it with a special ink....the thing had a frickin loose wind on it that I pushed towards the center to prevent it from hitting the magnets. I told them flat out, watch, he will destroy that previous tq......using the same pack from the 3rd round, trav destroyed the TQ again.....the motor was torn down, measured the same....and had the mark. This was repeated in the main as well.....passed with flying colors.

The measuring tool I have is the same one scotty uses at the novak and vegas.....Stephen sobtokka's dad made it, the thing is very trick and highly accurate...besides Scotty, I was the first to get one of these from Stephen's dad.....wasn't cheap.

ANY day, you want to come to my shop, I will let you open a brand new case and teardown as many as you want.......you will see how some are + or -....up to degrees or more both ways.....the 19t stuff is worse.

None of our drivers get hand picked motors.....we send all team guys unbuilt stuff in most cases.....we don't cherry pick, never have, never will.

Building a fast stocker is easy if you know what you are doing and take the time.....a little effort goes a long long way.

If anything, if we were cranking, it would be DOWN.....to get the motors within compliance so we didn't get a DQ....

Later EddieO
Old 06-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #37
Tech Adept

should have been DQ'd for the entire race after your guy was first caught!

Not just 1 round... big deal...

Someone needs to be made an example of. I'll be happy to fuel the fire at Clevland this year!

Hose' Consequo
march to my own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #38
Tech Legend

Too bad , Eddie no one believe`s you ....
Its not your fault ...

Its the design of stock motor`s available today ...

Too easy to cheat or "tune" as you say. Having sponsored stock driver`s only made thing`s worst for you tuner`s .......

Now look at you , no one with experience will even compete against another unless he has motor tuner as a sponsor.....

Did it to yourselves, and you will never get it back ....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Building a fast motor is not rocket science. It's the same thing that makes these drivers fast, their motors scream, and them be consistently at the top. It's called attention to detail. There is no need to cheat when you put effort into things. It's why some people are successful in whatever they do, and why the same people that are at the back of the pack in racing are at the back of the pack in life.

Best quote ever: Effort equals Results - Roger Penske
Old 06-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own
should have been DQ'd for the entire race after your guy was first caught!

Not just 1 round... big deal...

Someone needs to be made an example of. I'll be happy to fuel the fire at Clevland this year!

Hose' Consequo
Fuel the fire all you want, there's only two guys who collectively call the shots at Cleveland, and I'm relatively certain, that you're not one of 'em.

If the comm lock is chipped on the backside, and even JIM DIETER states it's a defect, not a result of cheating, then I don't believe there's any reason to throw out even that round, much less the driver. If someone's cheating, they need to be made an example of, BUT only if it's proven they've cheated. Disqualification only after verification not over speculation. It's the old innocent until proven guilty thing.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #41
Tech Adept

O.K.

One final thought before I take off for the day.

Be very careful about sharing information with others. These people may be your best friends or even worse might be teamates of yours...

I have been in this hobby longer then most of you. I started when we were charging our 12 scale cars with cords... I have seen alot! From the days of Willie Decker running the entire triple crown series with iliegal batteries that had been re heat shrunk to the current motor scandle.

This cranking of motors at major events lately burns me and many others bad and I vow to do whatever it takes to clear it up if that means naming names or raising holy hell at the events! I will No problem

Clean it up!

Every major event needs to have a trained unbiased motor head checking with the proper tools. I think you may see a little differnet mix making the stock and 19t shows!

Hose Consequo
march to my own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own
O.K.

1. I have been in this hobby longer then most of you. I started when we were charging our 12 scale cars with cords... I have seen alot! From the days of Willie Decker running the entire triple crown series with iliegal batteries that had been re heat shrunk to the current motor scandle.

2. I think you may see a little differnet mix making the stock and 19t shows!

Hose Consequo
1. Been there, done that. Yep, there was some cheating back then. Eventually he got caught didn't he? 20 years ago has nothing to do with the situation now. I built my own rip at the champs last year, My car was as fast or faster than any other car out there, I didn't cheat. Of course I didn't drive that well either.......

2. Nope, it'll be the same guys, and they'll be just as fast. Because they can drive, and they know how to set-up a car. I cordially invite you to "quitcherbitchen" and realize that you probably had your ass handed to you by wheel, rather than HP.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #43
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest

2. Nope, it'll be the same guys, and they'll be just as fast. Because they can drive, and they know how to set-up a car. I cordially invite you to "quitcherbitchen" and realize that you probably had your ass handed to you by wheel, rather than HP.
Now days that kind of racing only can happen in modified.....
Old 06-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quit complaining and go work on your car..
KyLayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #45
Tech Legend

I don`t have too work on my ride , it`s fast and legal and powered by a mod motor....

Will keep complaining if it can help restore the integrity and fair racing back in the stock class`s....