Wiki Posts
Search

How cool is the new look!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default How cool is the new look!!!

Ebay style feedback for the trade forum, online notification, funky banner fonts etc...

I like!!!

What do you have to do to get 'alpha elite' status?
Old 06-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You have to pay now to be able to put links in your signature. But I realize Shane has to get paid somehow to run this site.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Aside from the trader feedback and the "flat look"/font of the site it doesnt seem terribly different. I like the Smiles being easier to get to. Im not sure I like the new logo. Speed seems about the same.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

I like it very much........ looks modern like Windows Vista
Old 06-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
You have to pay now to be able to put links in your signature. But I realize Shane has to get paid somehow to run this site.
Yeh, This is the only downfall IMO, Sig's should be something that comes with being a standard member, I reckon, if your a paying member, Ads should be hidden, PM inbox amount is made higher, Etc.

I do however agree that he needs to get paid somehow, But wouldn't the ads pay for a large majority ?
Old 06-02-2007, 05:59 AM
R/C Tech Founder

The disabling of sig links actually had more to do with abuse than with generating revenue. I find it somewhat silly that somebody would choose to subscribe only to put a link in their signature.

Over the past few years as the site has grown, I find that while 80% of the membership has a fine, small, unobtrusive signature, there are quite a few who use giant fonts, links all over, advertise their referral sites or shops, and so on.

To me, it's important that this site does not just become a big dumping ground for stuff like that. I hope that this will effectively discourage people from going all out crazy with stuff like that.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

the add to the left is really annoying, or was that always there?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal
The disabling of sig links actually had more to do with abuse than with generating revenue. I find it somewhat silly that somebody would choose to subscribe only to put a link in their signature.

Over the past few years as the site has grown, I find that while 80% of the membership has a fine, small, unobtrusive signature, there are quite a few who use giant fonts, links all over, advertise their referral sites or shops, and so on.

To me, it's important that this site does not just become a big dumping ground for stuff like that. I hope that this will effectively discourage people from going all out crazy with stuff like that.
The big signatures were definately a big distraction. Thanks for removing them.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Can't you limit sig text size's, Along with limit the amount of characters in sigs ?

The new layout looks great, I love the new funky logo
Old 06-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

i love the new look and the logo reminds me of hotwheels so I dig it
Old 06-02-2007, 06:05 AM
R/C Tech Founder

@myk505: There were always ads on the left side of the screen.

@[[john]]: The signatures are currently limited right now in length (paying or otherwise). I am sure someone will complain but it is pretty liberal, you can get probably 5 lines of text in there.

All of the credit for the logo goes to the one and only J. Filipow, who was kind enough to design it for me and give me some direction on the rest of the look. I'm sure I didn't do him justice with the rest of the rather plain design.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

sweet! there is finially a mulitquote button!
Old 06-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Excllent job! Looks awesome! Why the limit on feedback though? I was trying to leave feedback for past deals but it stopped me and said I can't leave any more feedback today???
Old 06-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

why isn't the trader feedback linked to ya Referrals???? arrant they one in the same ????
Old 06-02-2007, 06:10 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
Excllent job! Looks awesome! Why the limit on feedback though? I was trying to leave feedback for past deals but it stopped me and said I can't leave any more feedback today???
This is only in place until you have 5 feedbacks. It is to prevent people from registering extra accounts for the sole purpose of pumping up their own rating. Normally this won't be a big deal, since you probably won't be doing that many per day... it's just kind of a pain as we switch over. But I think it's in everybody's best interest.

Originally Posted by ALBERTO
why isn't the trader feedback linked to ya Referrals???? arrant they one in the same ????
The referrals occur when somebody signs up for the site and uses you as a reference (i.e. my buddy so-and-so told me about this site). They don't really mean much, just another interesting statistic really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.