R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #16
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,396
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymBeam View Post
fugly deans plugs and external balancing port. no sale
That was the prototype version in the pic. The production pack has standard "deans" plugs.
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #17
Tech Regular
 
GymBeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Losi|Novak|MuchMore
Posts: 434
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

why not bullet plugs. and internal connector
GymBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:38 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

is this out in the market already?



bullet connectors would be better, imho
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #19
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

i just got mine yesterday and istalled it in my B4.nice fit with no interference.i will post some pics tommorow. i will be running it for the first time this weekend.a big plus is the instructions.very easy for guys new to lipo to follow.

i am happy they came with the deans connectors.you can easily hook the bullet connectors up backwards if your in a hurry and i have also heard of problems when running them with some of the brushless setups.something like that it made the motor stutter or something.one of the locals down here was running them with his mamba system and changed to deans after the manufacturer advised him to.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic
 
tbeardmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: aka "Rock Star"...!
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Where can I find the dimensions?... will it fit in a PHi?
__________________
BMI DB10R, Corally RDX PHi, BMI 12R..!!
Need a "real" car... contact me at:
www.beardmorechevy.com -or- www.beardmoresubaru.com
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 PM   #21
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Are the 'bullet" connectors that everyone is talking about, the Corally style plugs?

If so, I've never heard of any problems with the brushless systems. How can zero loss connectors on the battery cause the motor to stutter?

As for the supposed ease of hooking them up backwards...well jezzz...

Its also easy to put your charger on the wrong setting when you use it to charge LiPo, NiMh, etc...., sometimes you just have to take a second and slow down and pay attention. There are a lot of ways to make mistakes if you aren't careful.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:11 PM   #22
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
Are the 'bullet" connectors that everyone is talking about, the Corally style plugs?

If so, I've never heard of any problems with the brushless systems. How can zero loss connectors on the battery cause the motor to stutter?

As for the supposed ease of hooking them up backwards...well jezzz...

Its also easy to put your charger on the wrong setting when you use it to charge LiPo, NiMh, etc...., sometimes you just have to take a second and slow down and pay attention. There are a lot of ways to make mistakes if you aren't careful.

as i said,this is what i was told.i never used them because i think they suck.i can smoke a cigarette while filling my gas tank if im carefull but i would rather not take the chance
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:41 PM   #23
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
as i said,this is what i was told.i never used them because i think they suck.i can smoke a cigarette while filling my gas tank if im carefull but i would rather not take the chance


Agreed.... Deans plugs are fool proof! The less chance of making a mistake the better.
zake540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #24
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymBeam View Post
why not bullet plugs. and internal connector
Balance taps are way better IMHO
zake540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Will these cells accept a 2C charge rate like the Orions?
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #26
Tech Regular
 
GymBeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Losi|Novak|MuchMore
Posts: 434
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

re corally bullet plugs, after you do it for 10 or so times u cant mix it up, its like putting on the left and right shoe, how many times have you put your left shoe on your right foot. its the same thing. unless your in the dark, it never happens.

and yes i have had to put my shoe on in a hurry to leave the house, and i still never done it.

these external plugs make it look plain ugly, if one wants to use external deans, then you can still have bullet plug connected to a female deans like the orions have., oh thats right, you can still mix it up
GymBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:45 AM   #27
Tech Champion
 
heavy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5,138
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymBeam View Post
re corally bullet plugs, after you do it for 10 or so times u cant mix it up, its like putting on the left and right shoe, how many times have you put your left shoe on your right foot. its the same thing. unless your in the dark, it never happens.

and yes i have had to put my shoe on in a hurry to leave the house, and i still never done it.

these external plugs make it look plain ugly, if one wants to use external deans, then you can still have bullet plug connected to a female deans like the orions have., oh thats right, you can still mix it up
Might look ugly but will be much easier to install in a Mi3. With the Internal plug types one plug is right under the top deck and very hard to plug into.
__________________
Honorary Life Member Logan RCCC -Mi6EVO and Serpent F1
Honorary Life Member Chargers RCCC -Cat K1 Aero
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6EVO
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, SVR,Schumacher Storm BigWig
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #28
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,665
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Deans plugs

--

Hopefully Adrian can come on here and post some info. He has been running the Core for awhile now with his Mi3.

Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:16 AM   #29
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

i got a chance to run the pack this weekend.it was unreal.tons of power and no need to charge every round.i love it.


as for the bullet connectors.run em if you like.i do not like them as much as the deans plugs and i have seen them have problems.say what you will but i have seen it with my own eyes.you will not convince me that they work as good as you say.i have seen too many times the problems with them.everyone at the local track has gone away from them
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:15 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
i got a chance to run the pack this weekend.it was unreal.tons of power and no need to charge every round.i love it.


as for the bullet connectors.run em if you like.i do not like them as much as the deans plugs and i have seen them have problems.say what you will but i have seen it with my own eyes.you will not convince me that they work as good as you say.i have seen too many times the problems with them.everyone at the local track has gone away from them
Good news...whre are the pics, Jason? How's that BMI pan car comming along?
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SMC Lipos 7.4 5000mah wfdfiremedic Electric On-Road 624 08-27-2008 10:09 AM
CORE 5000MAH LIPO FOR SALE jsfrcfrk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 08-05-2008 11:09 AM
Core R/C 5000mah 2s 7.4volt LiPo SchuMi2 Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-08-2008 04:24 AM
New SMC Lipos 7.4v 2s 4000 and 5000mah HardCase IOwNMkeG R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 03-30-2008 01:54 PM
Core RC 5000mah Hard Cased LiPo - Brand New!! XACDesigns R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 01-08-2008 11:25 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:01 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net