R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2003, 10:47 AM   #16
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Fantom does not inflate their #'s.

What you see is what you get!

We are always testing stuff, as of late we bought various top end packs from the LHS just to test our proceedures compared to theirs.

Fantoms are true.

Korgae

SMC

Last edited by Korgae; 04-19-2003 at 12:14 AM.
Korgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 03:08 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Quote:
What do you mean second batch? Did he ship them to you and you sent them back for better numbers?
No, sorry wasn't clear -- this was the second order I placed with ProMatch. I wouldn't return batteries just because they were as promised, but the best possible within the range promised. Besides, my driving and tuning skills do not justify it.
dicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 03:35 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Hey Korgae....I thought that SMC matched Fantom's cells for them is this true?
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 03:57 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

FUK_WRX (he,he...gotta love that name) . Nah, most of the matchers put "real" numbers on their cells. The problem is in how they match them. Some companies numbers look better because they use different matching equipment and use different standards for voltage loads and discharge times. This is where it's real important to know a bit about the company you deal with. If they don't or won't tell you what standards they use......go somewhere else. Also remember that big name advertising costs big money!! And you know who ends up paying for it....we do!!
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:34 AM   #20
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Kevin K,

let me rephase that, We buy various packs from the LHS, including our own.. to test the effect of "shelf life" and to compare what other matchers cells look like on our machines. ( were racers we are looking for data that will tell us about our product, ways to improve our performance for our customers)

Danny is writing an artical on the subject of different proceedures within matching varibles. based on his opinion and research results.

The important thing is to pick a company that you feel comfortable with, sometimes price plays an role, which is fine. sometimes its all out performance whatever suites you as a racer and fits your buget is the right choice for you.

I have found that some racers like the feeling of buying direct form the matcher, while others wnat to go into their LHS and simply buy whats on their shelf.
Neither is wrong or right.

Matchers either sell direct to racers or to distrubutors and then onto the hobby shops.

it would be wrong to think that the "big" matchers are making a killing, they have to allow room for the middle man and the LHS to make $$ all while sticking within a competive "street price".

the advantage is larger one time orders to distrubutors l(less shipping and paperwork) but less margin its a trade off .. margin, VS labour cost.

Korgae
SMC
Old 04-19-2003, 12:41 AM   #21
Tech Addict

PRO-MATCH baby!
Chris@WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:51 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]
PRO-MATCH baby!

Those you got today are my batteries!!!
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 07:36 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Shelf Life

Hi Korgae! So how long is the shelf life of a brand new, unassembled matched GP3300 pack?
jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 08:37 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Those you got today are my batteries!!!
you were there before me you could have bought them first.
Chris@WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote