R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had an MM5700 for drifting, it was awesome as aye. But i went down to the 4600 cause gearing was too low for the 5700, and i was going through a few parts due to breaking, hehehe. the 4600 is great paired up with an orion 3200, using an 8.53 gear ratio, and 2 fans, it hardly ever gets hawt!!

I have never had or experienced these glitching and stuttering problems with mine. Most of my settings i have left at default.
What I need - Boss Motorsports 10.5, TRC LCG chassis, Ford F-150 SC body, Proline Protrac & a Brushless XXX-T CR MMP4600kv. Not alot!
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #17
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I can vooch for issues with using Spektrum stuff with my Mamba Max. It would failsafe alot. Switched to a synthesized setup and it worked flawlessly. One of the most adjustable systems on the market bar non.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

I have the mamba 7700. The first time i ran it, i had stuttering problems. I contacted castle creations and they suggested that my batteries were not supplying enough juice to the system. I thought it was joke as i was running the the ib4200s. Well, since changing to lipos, i have not had any of those problems.

The system is fast, and i have not had any thermal issues, unlike persons running other systems.

I particularly love the software as it allows you to make fine adjustments to the profiles. Infact, i had the laptop at the track today and was able to fine tune the race profile to suit my driving style.

absolutely love it.
skink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My 7700 has never hesitated...works fine with my "OG" Spektrum with no caps. Sometimes, if I spin out or crash where it goes backwards, it will go back a fraction of an inch...then forward...for a brief moment while it picks up the rotation, but it never stumbles or hesitates.

It's a hungry one though, especially if you have it geared up. You better have some good batteries...LOL...and good connections.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
My 7700 has never hesitated...works fine with my "OG" Spektrum with no caps. Sometimes, if I spin out or crash where it goes backwards, it will go back a fraction of an inch...then forward...for a brief moment while it picks up the rotation, but it never stumbles or hesitates.
Isn't that a stumble and a hesitation? It gets old after a while, believe me.
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:06 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Well...for a sensorless setup, I would say "No". That's how they work...it's not exactly a secret or anything. It never hesitates, as in "waits to move" -- and even the 1/4" it ticks backwards isn't significant...when it even occurs, which is pretty rare.

If you're racing, just make sure you have the car go forward as you "stage" and it will go just fine. If the last movement is backwards, it has to figure out which phase to fire first.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM

The Speedo is lighter than the Sphere and GTB and covers about the same square inchage.
Youre kidding, right? The mamba is 28.6% larger then the Sphere. Yes I did the math.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:52 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Well...for a sensorless setup, I would say "No". That's how they work...it's not exactly a secret or anything.
I would say yes! But, I am glad you are honest. This little 'tick' as you call it is fairly minor, nevertheless, a frustrating problem to any serious racer.
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
The Motor is no heavier than any other mod BR or BL motor.

The Speedo is lighter than the Sphere and GTB and covers about the same square inchage.
Mamba Max motor: 198g
LRP X11 motor: 169g

Mamba Max ESC: 48x33x30
LRP TC Spec: 38x33x32
(I admit that I don't have one of each to compare side by side, and I'm just going by published specs.)
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:05 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Once you learn to use good connectors, or none at all. Good batteries, and get your gearing correct. You are rewarded with a blistering fast system that is more reliable than most systems. I love the PC software, and its size is manageable. Remeber when novak specs the GTB they dont account for the D-cell capacitor, wires, and PC board that sticks out both sides, so its actually much heavier and larger than in the specs, peole love to point out the size of the mamba, but its really not bad, I know I own both.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

One major thing I would like to see changed on the Mamba Maxx is the location of the USB plug. How many people really have enough space to mount an esc that long lengthwise on the chassis so you can access the port? I hated having to take out either the esc or my other electronics to make a minor adjustment on the software. I know it may not be possible due to the way the esc is designed but it would be nice to see the plug on an end not the middle. As far as the "stuttering" issues....mine cut out in the middle of the back straight on my carpet track running a brushed 19 turn motor. Power cut out long enough for the car entering the straight to hammer me. Yes it was wired correctly, I was already into the trigger at the middle of the straight, and I was using a TQ Cells Team pack so the batteries were NOT an issue. In brushless mode in a modified A-Main using a similar TQ pack, I was #2 on the grid, tone went off, I hit the throttle, car stood still, #4 car hit me full bore, had to replace about $100 worth of RDX parts. When it ran right, it was awesome....I had too many issues with mine and decided to wait until they could iron out some of the issues before I try a Mamba Maxx again. I will try it again, but not for some time as I am very happy with my new LRP's....
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:40 AM   #27
Tech Elite

I have a Mamba Max and Mamba25. Just hooked up my mamba25 to V3.00 without problems but the Max is not found! I cannot hook it up. Have tried to uninstall and reinstall the software as wel as dotnet framwork by Microsoft and it is still not found by my computer using XP. What is wrong? Is it possible to hook it up through the seperate link for the Mamba25? This is strange. I always use Deans Ultra's for the units so that is not the problem. Hopefully CC has a solution for us. Besides of that I stll prefer the units above other units.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:06 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'd give castle a call tommorow to see why it wont recognize your mamba. I had a computer glitch when I first installed CC with XP about a year ago, sounds like the same problem. I dont remeber what we did, but I had to turn some setting on in the computer. Their customer service is tops, and walked me through everything. Now that I have Vista its a different problem loading the program, except running it as the administrator makes it run properly.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Maybe Joe or Bernie will post in this thread how we can solve the problems we occur now with the new Max esc