Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fly_wheel
here r pictures of my broken lower chassis...

sorry pictures too big, will resize tomorrow... coz now is 4am... (just finish dismatle my car...)
some aluminium option parts can be found at:

http://www.muchmoreracing.com/store/...x&cPath=32_149

any1 has anymore links to some other part makers for s400..? can post it up here for sharing purpose... thanks...

Chassis can be found for Europrean area on www.the-border.com,..

To break the chassis that way, must of hit object at a 90degree angle, or jumping something!!!! Just wondering how!!

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Hello guys:

Past week I chatted with serpent, it looks that they are trying to at least have sparte parts for the cars and have clients satisfied. They didn't told me how exactly when, but it looks promising. I hope that they start with spare parts again, I love my car and have some clients that love them too. The car is so easy to drive and set up for people like me that aren't experts on EP that will be a shame to loss this car.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Chassis can be found for Europrean area on www.the-border.com,..

To break the chassis that way, must of hit object at a 90degree angle, or jumping something!!!! Just wondering how!!

Good luck!
funnily, my car was hit by some other 5 or 6 cars when the pile up happen... i'm not sure myself how that crack it too... but it cracks... the rest of the car is still in very good condition, even the shell is still very good...
Old 08-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
Hello guys:

Past week I chatted with serpent, it looks that they are trying to at least have sparte parts for the cars and have clients satisfied. They didn't told me how exactly when, but it looks promising. I hope that they start with spare parts again, I love my car and have some clients that love them too. The car is so easy to drive and set up for people like me that aren't experts on EP that will be a shame to loss this car.
great, please keep us update with the progress...
Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

funnily, my car was hit by some other 5 or 6 cars when the pile up happen... i'm not sure myself how that crack it too... but it cracks... the rest of the car is still in very good condition, even the shell is still very good...
Weird!!! One heck of a hit on asphalt, judging the scratches on te bottom of chassis. Sure it is the weakess part of chassis. Thats the way it goes!!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Hello guys:

Who you talked to at SerpentUSA??
Old 08-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hello guys:

Isn't that what they've been saying since October/November of last year?
Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

In the UK, the s400 has been loosing interest in the bigger races, but could be gaining where people are selling the car because of part worries, and being passed on to people happy to pay not much for the car and take a chance on the spares.

If the s400 was going to make a comeback, i'd expect to see someone high up in Serpent, or a A drive Team driver make an announcement in some good visual places, such as this forum to keep the car going.

If there isnt anything to report on from HQ and nothing is said, where does that leave people with an S400?

all said purely IMHO! ....
Old 08-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Weird!!! One heck of a hit on asphalt, judging the scratches on te bottom of chassis. Sure it is the weakess part of chassis. Thats the way it goes!!
most of the scratches were made after the crack as i keep the car run for the next few minutes in the heat... the front shell weight puching the bumper down hence causing so much scrathes...

Who you talked to at SerpentUSA??
edgar is from serpentUSA... n he (from serpent) is the only 1 dare to reply here again... but i think they r trying, just wish it's a solid hope...

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Isn't that what they've been saying since October/November of last year?
hopefully this time is for real...
Old 08-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

even billy easton is MIA now....seem like no top A-Main racer r using the S400....because why? i guess serpent is more concentrate on GP instead of EP. i think they come out with EP just because they dont want lose to XRAY...this both company always fighting.....

why they dont sign Jilles groskamp to drive their ep too ?? since jilles is driving their 733....
Old 08-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=M-Technic;6231085]Isn't that what they've been saying since October/November of last year?[/QUOTE

Maybe october!! Car was released a year b4. Problems started when Serpent shipped all gear to China. Crossing Slovakia to Chinese probably is the problem. Get the correct personal to operate gear. Though maybe 6 months for the change. Thier concerned with the 733's,966's &S240. Parts for the S120 is even getting short.

Serpentiers!!! Guess we have to wait on it. Bummer!!! And it's getting old!! Management problems!!! lol!!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? S400

I've been trying to replace my stock clunky steel turnbuckles with titanium ones. Does anyone know of titanium turnbuckle "sets/kits" that I can buy? I looked into lunsford, buying seperately but it adds up to about 70 bucks...kind of steep. any help please. Also I would like to replace the steel CVDs with aluminum or titanium ones, my stock says 48, does this mean that tamiya CVD's that are 48s will fit too? Is the diameter going to git through the S400 sized bearings in the uprights and steering knuckles?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Serpent4ever
I've been trying to replace my stock clunky steel turnbuckles with titanium ones. Does anyone know of titanium turnbuckle "sets/kits" that I can buy? I looked into lunsford, buying seperately but it adds up to about 70 bucks...kind of steep. any help please. Also I would like to replace the steel CVDs with aluminum or titanium ones, my stock says 48, does this mean that tamiya CVD's that are 48s will fit too? Is the diameter going to git through the S400 sized bearings in the uprights and steering knuckles?
u can get 3racing 64 titanium 3mm turnbuckles from RC Market

3 packs 25mm
1 pack 38mm
2 packs 15mm

2 pieces in each pack, there u go full set with 1 extra piece of 25mm... all cost less than USD30... u can run tamiya 46mm cvd... but rc market have the serpent aluminium cvds in stock too... or else u can get all from RC Mushroom too... they have some parts in stock also... good luck...

Last edited by fly_wheel; 08-21-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks much.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default bradir Flywheel

Serpent bro,, any updates regarding the chassis? Your fresh chassis here is waiting for you,,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.