Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400 >

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Old 08-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc3team
He was a team driver, but not anymore. It was easier for him to get complete used cars and strip them down for parts.

I think that was the main reason I stopped liking Serpent after that. It didnt say much about the parts support back then!

Dont get me wrong, the car has had some good results to its name, but now... I don't see much of a future for the s400 for anything past club level.
I was witness to what the S400 is capable of in the right hands at our national event this past weekend, the 3 top local toruing mod drivers in our my country were running nose to tail all 3 with different chassis(JRXS type R, Mi4 and S400) the S400 is easily as good as the other 2. Doesn't help if it can't be fixed when something does break though.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default have chassis

Originally Posted by fly_wheel
looking for an affordable new lower deck for S400, who has spare unit and willing to let go for poor guy like me please PM me...

my car involved in a pill up right in front of a U turn after sweeper..! chassis broken now...
bradir,, pm and email replied udah.,,,,

u poor guy?.. not!!!

Last edited by sandrixx; 08-11-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skitee
I was witness to what the S400 is capable of in the right hands at our national event this past weekend, the 3 top local toruing mod drivers in our my country were running nose to tail all 3 with different chassis(JRXS type R, Mi4 and S400) the S400 is easily as good as the other 2. Doesn't help if it can't be fixed when something does break though.
Sounds great, there is no doubt the car is capable, I only say that the car has a limited future beyond club level becuase (imho) i'd be worried about not having the parts to fix it if it broke, especially at a bigger event.

Ultimately though, however good the car is, if anyone doesnt have the level of support they need to use the car, thats when they'll stop using it.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
Sounds great, there is no doubt the car is capable, I only say that the car has a limited future beyond club level becuase (imho) i'd be worried about not having the parts to fix it if it broke, especially at a bigger event.

Ultimately though, however good the car is, if anyone doesnt have the level of support they need to use the car, thats when they'll stop using it.
I pretty much dont race at bigger events, but I still have the same concerns about club racing the car with limited parts availability. I like it really well and plan to run it as long as I can. I may convert it it 415 suspension the next time I break an arm, especially if I cant get the Serpent part.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i still plan to race mine for a year or more as i've bought quite some quantity of parts for me to do so... i'm not those person who believe new kit will bring u champonship cup... if a new kit need a championship cup then they only need a champion racer... 1/10 ep has somehow reach its bottleneck in design... most of the kits u can see now r almost the same... same geometry changes option, which is the major point of all... the rest r pretty much a the same... if u ever race real car then u might easily understand this... imagine if u r racing real 1:1 scale kit car when u can adjust geometry, weight bias, etc as u like... then it doesn't matter if u have 10 different kits as they will be all the same, same geometry, same weight bias, same suspension charateristic...

the only place serpent is lacking is parts support... basically serpent just killed itself with this kit... it still nice, it still has its own supporter, S400 supporter but maybe not serpent supporter anymore...
Old 08-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default S400 GEAR DIFF

Anybody interested in an S400 gear diff? I have one that I used just once.
$35 shipped in U.S.
PM me if interested
Old 08-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

s400 no longer "discontinued"..?

http://www.serpent.com/product/400001
Old 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Serpent wants to dangle a glimmer of hope in front of us yet again, just like they have over the past year?
Old 08-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

The car is done! Buy an XRAY
Old 08-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Old 08-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
I know you are done with it and for good reason. I still plan on using it as long as I can get one back together. I know X-rays are great quality, but for some reason I dont like them. I think if I change I will go BD5 or Photon, or maybe the new Tamiya. I hear it runs well.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I know you are done with it and for good reason. I still plan on using it as long as I can get one back together. I know X-rays are great quality, but for some reason I dont like them. I think if I change I will go BD5 or Photon, or maybe the new Tamiya. I hear it runs well.
same as here... well, 1st of all, i'm not a very good driver (for rc) nor i can tune my rc car very well (i just can't find enough time to do all my things) and i kinda like the s400 too... giving me another pro kit doesn't ensure me any better position in races... does s400 really incompetent..? i guess mostly will think it's not, it's just the part supply problem n with my inventory... i guess i can live for some more months to go... changing another kit ain't too much of a problem to me... i can afford it easily, but keeping another inventory is (my inventory usually cost more than a kit)... i don't like to wait for parts for weeks so i'll eventually keeps tons of parts for my toys... very seldom i'll wait for even a week if i wanna play it... be it tamiya/yokomo/top/xray/hotbodies, they r all very good kits but well, i'll stick with this at the moment...

i like porsche (but i can't afford one) n most ppl hate its look (being nothing much changes for more than 3 decades) and its rear engine which seems like unnormal but i like it... it's arguable the most successful supercar of all times... track/street...

it depends mostly on tuners n drivers... so till i think i run out of idea for parts for both my s400, then i'll run them... well, once a weeks won't take too much toll if i ain't going to crash it too often...

so those who r willing to still supply info for running this kit (s400), i'll like to thanks them... those who wanna bash it then it's up to u... parts, if u can afford, then u can simply get it from online stores (it's a little more pricey)... good luck for those who still running it n good luck to those who change theirs...
Old 08-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Im in the same position right now

I just went out and bought a 416 WE and ive been to three differenst tracks doing side by side comparisons and I cannot say the tamiya is better. The serpent is definently lighter and I feel is just a better design. the tamiya is a little harder to drive but is a little more precise than the serpent. Ive got enought parts to last a while with the serpent, but man this tamiya is a pretty sweet car.

i think what its gonna come down to for me is cost. right now i can get all my money back if I sell out of tamiya stuff, but thats definently not the case with the serpent. Ive thought about just running both - I use tamiya shocks on my serpent and some of the parts are actually interchangeable. I might just keep the serpent for the lower traction tracks i race at (where the serpent just kills it) and save the tamiya for the higher traction tracks. I really dont know though - I change my mind every day.

sorry to anyone ive almost sold stuff to - been yanking some of you around - ive come so close to selling all my serpent stuff so many times - but after all the money ive put into it and how good the car is I just havnt been able to do it
Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

here r pictures of my broken lower chassis...

sorry pictures too big, will resize tomorrow... coz now is 4am... (just finish dismatle my car...)

Last edited by fly_wheel; 08-19-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

some aluminium option parts can be found at:

http://www.muchmoreracing.com/store/...x&cPath=32_149

any1 has anymore links to some other part makers for s400..? can post it up here for sharing purpose... thanks...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.