Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400 >

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Old 12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default no more s400?

Can someone verify this. I have two of them . I have done some modding with a collection of parts found on line. Lipo retaining plates from the UK, 18 ball tamiya ball diffs with TRF501offroad parts, 18th mid upgrade and more. I do have a stock pile of parts. Post picutre one day of the lipo plate. The 18 ball diffs are amazing, not like I gear I guess but never less. cheaper.

I will be honest why I bought my S400. not to upset anyone. I live in Canada.. I wanted to support a Non Asian manufacturer of qualitity RC products. Nothing against Asia in anyway.. Just want a Euro or American made product. Since the TC5 is Thunder Tiger not an option. As associated sold out. Love the Orignal RC10. I guess it was up bringing to support local manufacturing.. Not much around anymore.

Anyways.. I was sad to hear about the move of serpent, not fed up. I understand about the changing gobal market. What ever.. A company has to do what it has to do 2 stay compete..

Sold my TRF415msxx for this reason. Again nothing against asian manufactures. However was did not want to buy a comon XRAY. Just wanted to have a great chassis.

I have enjoyed all my serpent products from my nitro 710 to 720 and now s400 and was happy to hear about a maybe 1/8 offroad.

Anyways I hope the S4O0 stays around. Just nice to be different I guess.

I guess in the future I will be jones'ing ebay for parts for a great car. Long live Serpent Orange.. Was going to get my cars ano'd orange however the $200 price tag in Canada turned me off. Orange in my heart..
Old 12-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zleader_99
Can someone verify this. I have two of them . I have done some modding with a collection of parts found on line. Lipo retaining plates from the UK, 18 ball tamiya ball diffs with TRF501offroad parts, 18th mid upgrade and more. I do have a stock pile of parts. Post picutre one day of the lipo plate. The 18 ball diffs are amazing, not like I gear I guess but never less. cheaper.

I will be honest why I bought my S400. not to upset anyone. I live in Canada.. I wanted to support a Non Asian manufacturer of qualitity RC products. Nothing against Asia in anyway.. Just want a Euro or American made product. Since the TC5 is Thunder Tiger not an option. As associated sold out. Love the Orignal RC10. I guess it was up bringing to support local manufacturing.. Not much around anymore.

Anyways.. I was sad to hear about the move of serpent, not fed up. I understand about the changing gobal market. What ever.. A company has to do what it has to do 2 stay compete..

Sold my TRF415msxx for this reason. Again nothing against asian manufactures. However was did not want to buy a comon XRAY. Just wanted to have a great chassis.

I have enjoyed all my serpent products from my nitro 710 to 720 and now s400 and was happy to hear about a maybe 1/8 offroad.

I guess in the future I will be jones'ing ebay for parts for a great car. Long live Serpent Orange.. Was going to get my cars ano'd orange however the $200 price tag in Canada turned me off. Orange in my heart..
may know u fitted the center 18t pulley from which car??? i know we can fit trf415 36t front n rear diff pulley,with standard 16t center pulley n run with original serpent s400 belts... i wonder which belt should we use if we use 18t center pulley..? thanks...
Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fly_wheel
may know u fitted the center 18t pulley from which car??? i know we can fit trf415 36t front n rear diff pulley,with standard 16t center pulley n run with original serpent s400 belts... i wonder which belt should we use if we use 18t center pulley..? thanks...
I have used the 16t pulley from 3-racing. Instead of alloy, these pulleys are made of plastic. This kit contains 16t, 17t and 18t pulleys, so you have a wide range to choose from. They also wear a lot less than the original ones, including your belts.

Item #: 3R-CY-17PU Aluminium Belt Pulley For Hot Bodies Cyclone

When you use 16t centerpulleys, you can use Tamiya 415 belts. I myself have never used these, but I was told en showed this by a fellow driver.

Item #:Tamiya TRF Low Friction Belt (rear)

The front 415 belt will replace the Serpent front belt (I don't have that item #)

Regarding 18t centerpulleys, you might be able to fit them in with these Tamiya belts with belts set very loose.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Please say it's not so!!
At the moment this is the situation. Serpent is trying to find other options.

Originally Posted by fly_wheel
no more parts for S400..?

then what the hell should i do with it..? can't just change another maufacturer for parts..?

maybe serpent shouldn't have even started with electric cars... the car is very very good but... uhh... changing a car in less than 2 years ain't really economical for buyers...

i just bought the aluminium front knuckles for my s400...
I understand your frustration. Hopefully they are able to find a solution. We felt was fair to let people know what's going on.

Originally Posted by Yaksaddle
For how long?
The webstore isnt even set up yet, what are the plans for Serpent to support Electric 1/10th scale beyond this?
Sir, you got PM. Serpent is willing to keep in this class, so they are doing their best effort to find a solution

Originally Posted by wstuart
anybody wanna sell me their s400 parts/rollers - im buyin
Sir, you got PM

Originally Posted by zleader_99

Thanks for your support over the years. We are doing all in our power to improve the situation in our area of influence (The Americas) The factory is working had too. The reorganization and move to Asia has not being an easy task. But this will lead us to best service, better product and better consumer satisfaction in the near future.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

PM received -

I have some questions regarding solution - I will PM you.

Cheers.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

few rc tips here....

http://kkeprc.wordpress.com/category/rc-news-tips/
Old 12-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

pm received form serpentamerica

It sounds like they will definently stay in electric touring car, - the company is just at a crossroads right now with making decisions about how to move forward with that model of car.

Regardless of what they do I feel confident that they will produce TC and it will be amazing.

I think that the way serpent handles the new site and S120 will show how far they have come along.

I'm optimistic!!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

pm received form serpentamerica

It sounds like they will definently stay in electric touring car, - the company is just at a crossroads right now with making decisions about how to move forward with that model of car.

Regardless of what they do I feel confident that they will produce TC and it will be amazing.

I think that the way serpent handles the new site and S120 will show how far they have come along.

I'm optimistic!!!!!
we r more worry if S400 is still in business... so we know if we should still invest into the kit... simple as that, is serpent still in business for EP car, thant's another matter... totally dropping S400 out means we will eventually run out of supplies quite soon... so we hope serpent will find alternative solution to support such a great kit...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default s400

Old 12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default s400

The decent thing for serpent to do would be to put an update on its websit in regards to whats happening with the s400 (and F1 for those that are into them)
Old 12-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anybody wanna sell me their s400 parts/rollers - im buyin
I've got an nearly new S400 and a grip of new spare parts that I'm going to sell off. contact me at [email protected] and let me know what you are looking for.

-E
Old 12-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
I've got an nearly new S400 and a grip of new spare parts that I'm going to sell off. contact me at [email protected] and let me know what you are looking for.

-E
I've been contacted about my parts inventory, I will inventory what I have this weekend and post a list here. As noted, most of the parts are new and still in the package. I used to be a Serpent dealer, but had a very difficult obtaining kits and spare parts. I have decided to discontinue carrying these parts and will be parting with my complete Serpent inventory and minimally used car.

-Eric Dimmick
Darkside Motorsports
Old 12-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

In the US. Business could be different in europe and asia. In the US products are discontinues, company has to support the product for 5 years. That's my opinion. S400 was released what 14 month ago!!! Bummer!!!! being a Serpent supporter since 1982. Few month I'll make a decsion on Asia Serpents, the product & parts quality. I really don't think the quality will change.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

News on the S400

We just got word from the factory, that a solution has being found and that supply for parts is not going to be a problem anymore. Order and shipment is already being arranged in order to have parts available in our warehouse in USA.
We appreciate your comments and support. We felt was fair to let you guys know what was going on even if we know we may have create some inconvenience.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

What is the line on the websight SerpentAmerica? Going to be up? Their telephone bill must be skyhigh!!Guys on the phone constantly. North America, Central & South lol!! JK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.