Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Yeah stiffer springs don't seem to work to hot on the rear...LOL!!! What was that little ninja thinking? See you guys tomorrow.

Randy- make sure to try moving the arms full back both front and rear and then rear only. (4mm shim) Let me know what you think.
I'm 3mm back to start on front and rear, wanted to give myself at least another 1mm to play with if I needed it.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I'm very close to picking another S400 up...but with my 23mm high Lipos, I dont want to dremmel the pretty bulkheads down...

Serpent: Please make us higher bulkheads so we can fit 4800-5000mah lipos in the car
From what I understand the issue is being addressed...
Old 03-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
From what I understand the issue is being addressed...
New optional bulkheads?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yohan- I have run the arms full back and have not had any problems. I agree the angle of the drive shaft is increased relative to the arms, but I have not had any issues at all. Felix mentioned this to me and I think his problem lies elsewhere.

Don't know anything about optional bulkheads........
Old 03-18-2008, 08:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

New optional bulkheads?
I honestly don't know what the fix will be yet, I just know they are aware of the problem and I'm sure will have something out to fix it. I have an idea of an easy fix that I need to e-mail them about to see if they would be interested in going that route.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Don't know anything about optional bulkheads........
That would sooooo nice if Serpent would start working on new bulkheads or some kind of update which would allow us to run higher profile Lipo packs...I know at least 3 people down here that'd run Serpent if it would allow fitment of 23mm-24mm Lipos...They just dont think dremmeling such a beaty is the answer... and having to buy a couple extra Orion 3600 packs just to run the car doesnt fit their tight budget...

Maybe you guys can talk to Serpent about this?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Its been taken care of Yohan. You have to remember that LiPo's are not ideal as far as weight balance on a 6 cell chassis. All I can say is that they have a solution and will begin testing soon.........
Old 03-18-2008, 08:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

As far as I know, lipo's are really only big in America, so when the car was designed they really didn't take the need for lipo fitment into account. Gotta remember that this is Serpent's first EP car, I'm sure any future models will have everything sorted out for different fitments, but it shouldn't be long before there is an update for the current car.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Its been taken care of Yohan. You have to remember that LiPo's are not ideal as far as weight balance on a 6 cell chassis. All I can say is that they have a solution and will begin testing soon.........
That's what I love about Serpent!!! They seem to be really paying attention to racer feedback like no other company

Lipo's are actually better balancing wise in many respects than 6 cell nimh, once you add weight to make legal weight, like ROAR min weight specs. Once the lipo has the added weight it weighs just fine and then you can add weight to balance out the car were you need to...with nimh its a bit more difficult and more often than not cars are overweight, and then on top of that have to add more weight to balance out---not sure if this is case with S400 and 6 cell nimh and the 1525g ROAR weight.

Its awesome though that they are going to start new updates to better fit Lipo users, especially here in the US
Old 03-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

As far as I know, lipo's are really only big in America, so when the car was designed they really didn't take the need for lipo fitment into account. Gotta remember that this is Serpent's first EP car, I'm sure any future models will have everything sorted out for different fitments, but it shouldn't be long before there is an update for the current car.
Yep...you got a good point there. Its great to see how good Serpent is at listening to their consumers and racers and take action to release better products
Old 03-18-2008, 09:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That's one of the biggest reason I made the switch, after talking to Paolo, he's really interested to hear my ideas for the car to improve it. Honestly though, after the build was complete, I am really happy with what we already have.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

That's one of the biggest reason I made the switch, after talking to Paolo, he's really interested to hear my ideas for the car to improve it. Honestly though, after the build was complete, I am really happy with what we already have.
Paolo's doing a real good job making everyone around him feel important and cared for. It must be awesome to work for him and his people.

Anti-dive: I forgot you also like to use anti-dive in your set ups...trust me...I've used all your MI3 set ups and if there's something that says Randy is overdrive and front anti-dive

But on S400, the rear front suspension block seems to limit that, from the way its designed. I think that a 1mm shim under the rear front susp block causes the steering links to rub or bind with the susp block...maybe there's something you've tried to get over this...Let us know, will ya?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Great news in for Rubber Tire racers. The new FF Concepts Shock Towers we used at nats in the A Main cars are expected to ship out of MMR in the next couple of weeks. Dealers will be able to preorder next week.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Tony's setup from nats
Attached Thumbnails Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400-tony.jpg  
Old 03-18-2008, 12:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Paolo's doing a real good job making everyone around him feel important and cared for. It must be awesome to work for him and his people.

Anti-dive: I forgot you also like to use anti-dive in your set ups...trust me...I've used all your MI3 set ups and if there's something that says Randy is overdrive and front anti-dive

But on S400, the rear front suspension block seems to limit that, from the way its designed. I think that a 1mm shim under the rear front susp block causes the steering links to rub or bind with the susp block...maybe there's something you've tried to get over this...Let us know, will ya?
Right now my front blocks are level, and with the 5 cell chassis I really dont think I'll need any anti-dive. I'll most likely get a 2'nd car soon so I can build a 5 cell and a 6 cell car to practice for the nats and Reedy Race. 6 cells will most likely need a little anti-dive to help get into the corner like the 5 cell car should. It's hard for me to say anything yet though because I havent put the car on a track to know for sure what it will do, just taking guesses based on how things look.

Don't worry, with a dremel in hand, I can usually make anything work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.